Rude Awakening

My Badass Sweetheart

>>>Mari's POV<<<

"Mari-ssi, you can't go in, not yet." Seunghoon blocked the entrance to Grandmama Kwon's office. 

"Why? It's my last day in Jeju before I leave for Seoul. I'm not leaving until I see my grandmother!" I clenched my fist. "Move before I knock your head off." 

"I'm sorry but I really can't let you go in. You said you'd come back after the weekend. Why don't you see Chairman Kwon when you come back."

"And have you make up more excuses for the whole summer? Aha, no." I tried pushing Seunghoon away but he didn't budge. His back was glued onto the door.

"Move the hell out of my way." 

"No, I'm sorry but I've been given strict orders to not disrupt Chairman Kwon unless-"

"Disrupt? DISRUPT? You think me saying hello to my grandmother, that I have not seen in months, is going to be disruptive?!"

"I'm sorry." Seunghoon bowed. 

"Tell me why I can't see her."

"I am ordered to not release any information on Chairman Kwon's whereabouts."

"Bull. Myungsoo, move him out of the way." 

"W-wait!" Seunghoon yelped before Myungsoo grabbed him by the shoulder. Myungsoo easily removed Seunghoon from his spot, I took the opportunity to storm into the office. 

"Grandma!" I yelled. "What kind of Vice President did you hire? He turned out terr- who are you?"

I expected to see that signature eyebrow raise and cocky smirk my grandmother always wore on her face. The familiar warm and cozy office filled with antique knick knacks and family photos was replaced with oddly shaped furniture and hideous marble busts. This was not Grandmama Kwon's office, it was a cold dungeon filled with over priced junk. Fit for a money hungry CEO. 

I growled at the man sitting in my grandmother's prized spot as head chairman. "What the hell have you done to my grandmother's office." 

"Long time no see, Mari! Give your Uncle Hyunshik a hug!" The middle aged ajusshi stood up from his my grandmother's spot to approach me.

I shot daggers at him, praying that he'd magically disappear from my sight. "Don't you dare come any closer you filthy-"

"Now, now, be nice." Aunt Heesun playfully scolded. *I don't do nice*

"Says the people who won't tell me where my grandmother is." I snapped. "What are you two doing here? Last time I checked, you weren't on good terms with my grandmother." 

"Your grandmother is my mother." Uncle Hyunshik winked. "And we're on good terms since she hasn't been feeling too great for these past few months." 

"She's sick?"

"Looks like you've been kept in the dark for quite a while."

"Tell me where she is."

"I can't do that." 

"Bastard." I hissed. "Get ready to die."

"Why don't you take a seat, I'll explain why I'm here in the first place."

"Gee thanks, you've finally answered the one question I've been asking." 

"If you shut your mouth for once second maybe I'll even introduce you to your future-"

"You better shut the hell up before I throw one of those eye- busts at you." 
 

>>>Kai's POV<<<

"She's not answering any of my calls for the past few days. Have you heard from her? My showcase starts in a few minutes." I silently prayed that Ren had heard from Mari. "She was supposed to arrive this morning but-"

"I'm a little worried too. She hasn't answered any of my texts or calls for the past two days." Ren mumbled. "I'm sure she's fine, maybe she's just running a little late." 

"Maybe. Thanks anyways." I sighed and hung up.

"Kai-ssi, you need to get your make-up done." Woori-noona tapped my shoulder. "You guys go on soon." 

"Noona, I'm not like Baekhyun-hyung. He's the one that needs the eyeliner." 

Baekhyun hyung stuck his tongue out at me, "You're just jealous your eyes don't look at charming as mine." 

"Shut up." 

Woori has become EXO's stylist since our old one transfered to another company. Luhan hyung seems uber happy about it. All he does is tease and annoy her until she karate chops his neck. I smirked and watched the two squabble in the background, fighting over the type of concealer being used on Sehun. The maknae wasn't even paying attention since he was busy texting someone on his phone. 

Suho hyung opened the dressing room door when someone kept knocking loudly. My eyes widened at the sight of slim long lengs. The person's upper body was blocked by the giant muffin basket. Suho's adjumma laugh attracted everyone else's attention. They began to crowd the tiny figure, whispering and giggling like fan girls. 

"Is there a Kkam Jong here?" 

I know that tone of sarcasm and sass anywhere.

 

 

---End of Chapter 58---

 

Suga, how you doin'? You lookin' FINE tonight, Mmmmmhmmm~ Why don't you...

COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE! 

Both help me update faster xDDD