Your Number?...Nope

My Badass Sweetheart

This is a reuploaded chapter since half of it got deleted. There might be a slight difference from the original since I had to rewrite it by memory.

 

>>>Kai's POV<<<

I couldn't sleep. I kept tossing and turning under my blanket. I checked the time on my phone, eight thirty in the morning. I flipped over on my stomach and buried my face in the pillow, letting out a clearly audible sigh. *Why can't I fall asleep?!*

"Stop making so much noise." I heard D.O. mumbled.

"I can't sleep and I don't know why? I'm physically exhausted but mentally-"

"You're just overly excited."

*Overly excited?* "About what?"

"You just can't wait to see Mari on her first day of work in that dance studio."

"What, that's-"

"Too bad because you won't be seeing her first thing Monday morning."

"Why?"

"Miss her already? You're not even dating yet. Heck you haven't even had a legit conversation with her."

I jumped out of my bed, "Stop saying I like her! I barely know the girl."

"Love at-"

"Stop that! Now tell me why I- we won't be seeing her Monday morning?"

"Her winter vacation starts in two weeks. She said she wants to start her first day without school being a distraction." 

"Forget this, I'm going out-" 

D.O. sat up, "For another stalking session?"

"For a run!" I whipped a pillow right into his face, making his collapse in laughter. 

>>>Mari's POV<<<

I awoke to a loud knocking on my window. I checked the time on my alarm clock, eight mother effin thirty in the morning...ON A SATURDAY. I sat up from my bed and yawned. "I'm going back to sleep." I shook my head and fell back into the fluffy pillows. 

"OPEN THE DAMN WINDOW YOU STUPID ! I KNOW YOUR LAZY IS AWAKE!" Ren screamed. 

*Open the window? Wait, what the hell?!* My bedroom was on the second floor, how'd he climb up to my window? I jumped out of bed and whipped my curtains aside. I immediately burst out laughing. Ren was clinging onto the tree just as sloth would. I lifted my window open and stuck my head out. "See, now why can't you climb the rope during gym like this?"

"Do you know how many people have touched that rope? I refuse to die from germs."

"Germaphobe. Now what are you doing here? My room is on the second floor, what if you fall?" 

"This is how much of a caring best friend I am! You didn't call me when you got home last night and you wouldn't pick up your phone when I called or texted you. DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY DAMN MINUTES I WASTED ON MY PHONE JUST TO HEAR "SORRY THE NUMBER YOU HAVE CALLED ISN'T AVAILABLE-" I EVEN WOKE UP EARLY TO SEE IF YOU WERE OKAY! I CLIMBED A TREE FOR YOU. I don't climb trees for just any hoe!"

*Aw, he was worried about me* I smiled at him.

"WHATCHU SMILIN' FOR! HELP ME BEFORE I FALL AND DIE." Ren demanded. 

I laughed and helped him climb through my window. "I'm sorry for not calling, I forgot."

"It's fine, as long as you're okay everything's cool." He brushed my side bangs out of my eyes with his fingers, revealing the dark circles under my eyes. "What time did you get home? You look like , no offense." 

I smacked his hand away, "None taken. I didn't get home till three."

"Why so late? I sent you off around midnight- don't tell me you went to a club without me! You know how much-"

"I didn't go to a club! I got kidnapped by two random guys on the street!"

"I told you to let me walk you home! Did you get-"

"I didn't get ! I got a job okay?"

"As a prost-"

"AS A CHOREOGRAPHER! I got a job as SM Entertainment's new choreographer for their upcoming boy group."

"Ooooooohhhhhh. That's amazing! Hold up, are they hot?"

"The boy group?"

Ren frowned, "No the old hag that hired you- YES the boy group!" I nodded my head.

"How hot? Like crazy screaming fangirling worthy or ovaries exploding fanfic writing worthy?"

I raised my eyebrows at him, "What?"

"Nevermind. Forget I even asked." He bit his lip and turned his head away. "Let's just go out for breakfast." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~A Few Hours Later~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

>>>Mari's POV<<<

We were strolling downtown when Ren turned to me and asked,"So, how are you going to tell grandmama Kwon when she gets back?"

"She's spotted another business opportunity in Japan. Coming back to South Korea isn't an option for a while."

"How long is a while?"

"Six months, but don't worry, I told her about the job when she called me last night while I was walking home."

"What'd she say?"

"My sixty four year old grandmother has never been more ecstatic. She can't wait to see EXO's first debut stage."

"EXO? That's the name of the boy group?"

"Yep, they're going to be split up into two sub-groups, EXO-K and EXO-M."

"What's the difference?"

"Both groups promote the same song but EXO-K sings in Korean and EXO-M sings in Mandarin."

"Why can't they just stay as one big group and promote in South Korea and China at the same time?"

"I don't know! Do I look like their CEO to you?"

"I can just imagine all the OTP's their fandoms will be shipping."

"Don't even-" I was interrupted by some random guy bumping into my shoulder. "Watch it!"

"Sorry-" The guy turned around and lifted his hoodie off his head. It was Kai. "Oh hey Mari."

Ren nudged my arm and whispered,"Is this one of the guys that kidnapped you last night?" 

I nodded, "Ren, meet Kai. He's part of the boy group I'll be working with."

Kai extended his hand out, "Nice to meet you."

Ren folded his arms and put out his signature face, "The name's Ren." *Great, Ren already hates Kai*

Kai awkwardly slid his hands into the pockets of his hoodie, "So I hear I won't be seeing you anytime soon at work."

"I want to get a feel for the songs on you upcoming album and work on some choreograph before walking into the dance studio empty handed."

"I could help you. I have some ideas."

"I'll think about it." 

"Here," Kai pulled out his phone from his pocket and held it out, "Put in your number so we can keep in touch."

*I barely know you, I don't want you calling me!* "What if I don't want to keep in touch with you?"

"We're going to work with with other in the future. You're going to need my number sooner or later, so why not now?"

*Smart man* "Alright, you put in yours too." We exchanged phones. As I was about to punch in the first number I had an idea. I smirked and finished putting in the phone number. "Okay, all done." I tossed him back his phone and took back mine. I checked his contact. *Yep, I got it* "Ah, wait a sec, I need a caller ID photo of you." I positioned the phone in front of his face and snapped a quick picture. I grabbed Ren's arm and dragged him away, "Bye Kai, make sure to keep in touch with me!" I tried my best not to laugh. We ran down the street before Kai could say another word.

>>>Kai's POV<<<

"I didn't get a caller ID photo of her." I frowned. 

"Who's picture didn't you get?" I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Oh, hey Lay hyung."

"Did you get a girl's number?"

I skimmed through the contact list and picked Mari's. "Yeah, I got Mari's-" *Oh hell no. HELL NO*  I gritted my teeth.

Lay leaned over and burst out laughing as he read the contact information out loud, "Kwon Mari, 119."

*This girl*

"She has the same number as the cops?" Lay chuckled.

"Obviously not, but why'd she give me this instead of her real number?"

"This is too good. I'm putting this on my Weibo account and showing the rest of the EXO members." Lay snapped a picture of my phone screen and continued to laugh his off. "I can't wait to meet this girl."

*I can't wait to meet this girl again and get her REAL number*

 

 

---End of Chapter 5---

 

Comment and Subscribe! They help me update faster xDDD Heeeheeee :D