New Year, New Problems

My Badass Sweetheart

>>>Mari's POV<<<

"How'd he find out?" Ren muttered, staring at Myungsoo's sleeping figure. First thing I did the next morning was call Ren. I had to get Myungsoo the hell out of my house before Kai with Monggu for that doggy play date. 

"He said he saw me and Kai kissing." I whispered.

"Oh no." 

"He asked me to forgive him about breaking my heart. And how he never really meant the hurtful things he said to me in the past."

"Oh lord."

"AND he still loves me...he says he will ALWAYS love me!"

"Holy , girl." 

"I know."

" your life."

"I KNOW." 

"What are you going to do now?"

What was I supposed to do?! Let Myungsoo wake up and reign terror over the rest of my life or pray that his hangover erases his memory and keep living a lie. Both choices spelled doom. I paced back in front in front of Ren, who was poking Myungsoo's cheek. 

The doorbell rang. Me and Ren stared at each other owl eyes, both gasping at the same time."OH!" 

"We need to hide him!" I spread my arms out at Myungsoo. 

"No , Sherlock!" Ren locked his hands around Myungsoo's ankles. "Quick, open a closet door!"

"He'll suffocate!"

"THAT'S THE IDEA!" 

"I am NOT committing first degree murder!" 

"Damn goodie two shoes. Fine, we'll hide him in your bedroom! Now move it!" Ren swiftly dragged Myungsoo's unconcious body down the hall and into the bedroom. "Don't you dare let Kai stay over! Go out!" Ren hissed before slamming the door in my face.

"W-wait! How am I-" I was cut off by the rattling of the spare house keys I gave Kai. I can threw on my coat and hastily slipped on my sneakers just as the door opened. 

"Oh, you're awake." Kai raised his eyebrows. Monggu, his pet poodle, greeted me with a loud bark. 

"Um-"

"I was hoping to wake you up with a good morning kiss." 

*He's too sweet* "Well, I'm glad I already woke up. Wouldn't want you attacking me in bed." I teased.

"Yah!" Kai pouted. 

"Let's go to the park. Choco needs to burn off some energy." 

"But it's so cold outside!"

"It's winter Kai, it's going to be cold outside everyday." 

"I want to stay indoors and relax today. We're going to start up practice again first thing tomorrow morning." 

I bit my lower lip nervously. *This is bad. This is really bad*  "But I really wanted to go to the park and play on the swings." 

"How old are you again?" Kai stepped out of his shoes. I was losing him. Monggu scampered off somewhere with Choco. "We can go to the park later, I'm a bit tired. I just want to relax for a bit." He flopped onto the couch on his stomach, smushing his face into one of the pillows. 

"You came over to take a nap?"

"I came over to take a nap with you." He mumbled, holding his hand out to me. I slapped it away before pouting. Kai lifted his face off the pillow and stared at my questioningly, "Do you really want to go out that bad?" *I'm sorry. I don't mean to be so rude*

"Nevermind, just nap. I'll be in my room." I sighed. I dragged my feet down the hall and into my room. Ren sat on the bed with his legs crossed and arms folded. He stared at me with a clearly annoyed expression. "What the hell happened? You really can't get your man to leave your house?" Ren scolded.

"It's not my fault." I growled. "He's being stubborn today. I think he knows something's wrong, I'm never this pushy about something."

"I can't get the drunk pansy out of your apartment with Kai right by the front door." 

"Kai's taking a nap so let's just wait until he's fully asleep. That's when you can sneak Myungsoo out."

"How long does Kai take to knock out?"

"I don't know."

"Should I hit him in the head with a soccer ball? Remember how good I got Couch Kang?" Ren snickered.

"Absolutely not!" 

"Mari." Kai knocked on the door. "Are you talking to someone? I hear another voice."

"Huh? Oh I'm just on the phone with someone."

Ren leaped off the bed and threw Myungsoo's body over his shoulder effortlessly. It amazes me how strong Ren is despite his pretty boy looks. "Bathroom." He mouthed as he tilted his head towards the open doorway connected to my room. We scurried inside and gently set Myungsoo into the large bath tube. 

"I wish I could just turn on the water and drown this annoying butthole." I grumbled. 

"And dump the body into a volcano so it'll burn into ashes, therefore destroying any evidence that could be used against us in the court of law?" 

"Exactly."

We burst out laughing. Our hands slapped over each others mouths to hush our sudden outburst. We didn't want Kai hearing what was really going on in my room. 

Ren exhaled and patted my shoulder, "Only if life was that simple. Mari-ah, you don't have to do this."

"Hmm? What do you mean?" 

"You don't have to go through with the constant lying and sneaking around. It's okay to let Kai and Myungsoo know about one another."

"Kai know's about my past with Myungsoo."

"But does he know Myungsoo's true intentions?"

"No, he doesn't." I swallowed hard. "And I don't think he'll take it very well."

"I don't think anyone would be able to."

"Exactly why-"

"But Kai won't leave you for it, if that's what you're wondering." 

Of course Kai wouldn't leave me for something like this. Our relationship is better than some dumb middle school twenty four hour fling that nobody gives a damn about. We're stronger than that...right?

"Now I'm really nervous about telling him."

"So you'll do it?! You'll fess up?!" I could've sworn I saw a twinkle in Ren's eyes. It was the moment he had been waiting for after month of endless unnecessary bull crap. 

"Can't avoid the inevitable right?" I shrugged.

"God damn, it's about time! Thank you."Just as I was about to leave the bathroom a quiet groan emitted from Myungsoo. He slowly sat up and squinted his eyes, adjusting to the bright lighting of the bathroom. "Oh so now you wake up." Ren shook his head. 

Myungsoo yawned and stared at us for a moment before realizing he was sitting down in the middle of a bath tube. "What am I doing here?" He asked. 

"Yo' decided to visit in dead of night and pass out on my kitchen floor!" I  hissed.

"Oh, yeah. Wait, why did I come here again?"

I smacked the back of his head after remembering the hours spent pouring my eyes out.

"OW!" Myungsoo clenched his teeth.

"Mari?" Kai called through the door. *WHY ISN'T HE ASLEEP YET?* "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, I just stubbed my toe!" 

"Who is that?" Myungsoo asked. Ren clamped the bastard's mouth shut with both of his hands. Myungsoo struggled under Ren's tight grip.

"Who is who? Kai asked. "Are you still on the phone?" 

"Yep, don't worry about me!" I shouted. "Keep him quiet!" I shot my finger at Myungsoo. "If I'm going to tell Kai the truth I don't want that making things worse for me than it already is!" Ren nodded obediently and restrained his captive as I ran outside to distract Kai. I slowly opened my bedroom door and poked my head out, "Hey."

Kai took a step back, "Everything okay in there? I'm hearing a lot of interesting noises..."

"I'm sorry, am I being loud? I didn't mean to keep you from your nap time." 

"You make me sound like a two year old when you say nap time." 

"You do tend to act like a toddler from time to time." 

"You're more of a toddler than I am! You act like-"

Kai was cut off by a loud thud coming from the bathroom. I widened my eyes and turned my head to see Ren and Myungsoo wrestling on floor of the bathroom. 

"What was that?"

"Uh..." I paused for a moment. "I think a book just fell from my bookshelf. I'm rearranging some things in my room." 

"You want some help short stuff? I know you trouble reaching the top shelf."

"Shut up. Go take your nap Jongin." I shooed him away. Another loud thud sounded. This time Myungsoo managed to slip out from Ren's grip, but only for a split second. Ren yanked the back of his collar and pinned him back down to the floor. "Oh my goodness books are just falling everywhere." I faked a laugh, mentally cursing myself for the lack of acting skills. Kai raised an eyebrow. 

"Ren, get off!" Myungsoo ordered. His right cheek was pressed against the cold marble floor of the bathroom. I almost wanted to laugh at the sight but that would only tip off Kai even more. 

Kai glanced over my head to get a peak at my room, "Did you leave your phone on? I hear voices again."

"Uh, yes I did. I should go turn it-" 

"Oof!" Ren and Myungsoo were practically rolly pollie bugs tumbling over each other. "YAH!" Ren screamed when Myungsoo yanked his bangs. "Why do you have to be such an annoying pansy boy!" 

Myungsoo sprang up from the floor and stumbled on his way up to me. "Mari-" he panted heavily. 

That was the last straw for Kai. He narrowed his eyes at his rival as he used his arm to force the door open, entering the room without hesitation. His fist clenched as he instinctively pulled my body behind his. "What the hell are you doing in here?" Kai growled. 

"I should be asking you that question. Who the hell are you?" Myungsoo snapped.

"I'm-"

"Wait a second, you're that guy that kissed Mari. Tch, how dare you."

*Oh no....Oh no. No. No. No. Noooooo!!!*

"You make it sound like kissing her is a crime." 

"It is! You can't just kiss-"

Kai smirked, "She's my girlfriend." 

 

---End of Chapter 46---

 

 

Don't forget to subscribe and comment MAH HOME SKILLET BISCUITS!

Both help me update faster xDDD