Ain't Got a Thing to Worry Bout'

My Badass Sweetheart

>>>Mari's POV<<<

"Wait, you can't just leave!" I wanted to grab TaeAn's arm but I knew it would hurt her already weak body. "It's only been a week since you've been injured. You were just able to get off the couch without Ren or my help!" 

"I can't stay here! I have to get out of the country, my father is still on the hunt and he knew where I was headed after I left China!" TaeAn grimanced at the scar she knew that was going to appear on her torso. 

"You can hide at my grandmother's house. We also have a manor at the countryside, or stay in my apartment!"

"No. I need to leave Seoul. Hell, maybe even the country." 

"Can't you wait until you properly heal? You're still limping around and holding your side in pain whenever you stand up." 

"I'll be fine. I've suffered much worse than this." 

"What? Why don't you call the police?"

"Pfft, my father runs the triad back in China. The police run from him." 

"But it's different in South Korea, your father has no jurisdiction in a different country!"

"Don't underestimate him." 

"I am not letting you leave this house! Ren, talk some sense into her!" 

Ren, who was busy looking at pictures of apartments in London, wasn't paying any attention. "Should I get an apartment or a house...or maybe I'll live in a penthouse!" He began to furiously type on his laptop. 

"REN!" I screamed. 

"What? , I'm trying to find a place to live!" He snapped. 

"Can you focus here? And I thought you were going to dorm!" 

"Pfft, dorming is not hygenic! Who knows what filth bag has slept on that bed before I have!" 

I rolled my eyes and brought my attention back on TaeAn. She was busy packing her backpack, ready to leave tonight. An idea popped in head. "What if I said I could get you out of the Seoul but close enough to were you could be with us?" 

"What?" 

"Come with me to Jeju Island for the summer. I'm leaving soon." 

"How soon?"

"In a few days to-" 

Ren tore his eyes away from his laptop, "You said you weren't leaving until after Kai's showcase next weekend!" 

"Let me finish my sentence!" I threw a cushion from the couch at his head, which he easily dodged. "I'm going to Jeju to unpack and settle in. I'll be back in time for EXO's showcase. You can come with me to get a feel for the island." 

"That doesn't sound half bad." TaeAn tapped her chin. "Sure, why not?"

"Great, I'll give my grandmother a call to give her a heads up on the extra company." 

"YES!" Ren shot up from his seat on the couch, "I GOT MAH BEAUTIFUL SELF A LUXURY APARTMENT IN LONDON! Who wants to help me move in this fall?"

"Ren," I frowned. "Doesn't you father have an apartment he stay at during his business trips to London? Why don't you just stay there?"

Ren dropped his jaw. After a good minute he regained his composure, "So who want's to help mah beautiful self get my deposit back?" 

>>>Kai's POV<<<

"Hey you, packing up already?" I pouted, staring at the open cardboard boxes and suitcases. Mari nodded and continued to silently pack her clothes. "Do you need help?" Mari stayed silent but handed me an empty box and pointed to her bookshelf. I chuckled and began pulling books down from the top shelf. 

My fingers touched a velvet box. I turned to Mari, "Hey, what's this?" 

Mari widened her eyes, "Oh gosh. I completely forgot about it." 

I opened the box and stared at the gold infinity necklace. It looked expensive, Mari's name was even engraved on the back.

"Wow, who gave you this?" 

"Myungsoo." 

"Oh." I the inside of my cheek and closed the box. She never told me about this. Did Myungsoo give it to her before he broke her heart. Or maybe he gave it to her when he still didn't know about me. Or even worse, he gave it to her after he found out about me. Was the bastard still trying to win her back? Sure we weren't the best of friends but that didn't mean it was okay for the guy to steal Mari away. Holy hell. He was going to Jeju with her!

"Jongin-"

"Why haven't I seen this before?" 

"I don't wear it. I've never worn it and I don't really plan to." 

"Why?"

Mari closed the necklace box. She pinched the silver chain around her neck and tugged his out of her shirt. "Because," she grinned, "I like this one a lot more." The necklace was the one I had given to her for her birthday. I smiled and placed the box in her hand, which she tossed onto her bed. "You have nothing to worry about." 

"I'm not worried about you." My hands gently pulled her waist towards my body. "I'm worried about the touchy beach gods that won't be able to keep their filthy hands off my princess. I can't stand the thought of anyone other than me using cheesy pick up lines on you." 

Mari laughed and cupped me face. Her thumbs drew small circles on my cheeks, "Jonginnie, cheesy pick up lines don't work on me, even if the person using them is you." 

I pouted, "That's because you haven't heard the best ones! I never got a chance to use my moves!"

"Moves? What moves?"

"I'm a pretty suave and sophisticated man."

"Pfft." Mari used both hands to cover , using all her strength to contain her laughter.

"Why are you laughing?"

"You kidnapped me from a dark alley the first night we met! You call that suave and sophisticated?"

"I prefer the term. "Sweeping a woman off her feet."" 

"I prefer the term, "Abduction"" 

"You are terrible."

"I love you, too."

"I miss you already. Don't leave me!" I fake cried. I hugged her tightly. "Why must my girlfriend leave me?!"

"Pabo yah, I'm coming back for your showcase." Mari giggled and wrapped her arms around me neck. "I'll be back in no time." 

"Promise?" 

"Of course." 

I pulled away from her, "Seal it with a kiss." I puckered up, full on duck face.

"You're unbelievable." 

"Kisseu~"

"Idiot." Mari huffed but happily obliged, pressing her lips against mine.

 

---End of Chapter 55---

Suga, how you doin'? You like what you see? COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!