Holy !

My Badass Sweetheart

>>>Mari's POV<<< 

I yawned as Seunghoon continued going over my schedule for the day. My eyes wandered over to the wonderful view of the beach behind my desk. I can't remember the least time I've felt the sand in between my toes and have heard the wonderful crash of waves. A whole year has gone by and I feel like my life is becoming progressively more depressing as time goes on. I'm spending summers working my off and the rest of the year in college overseas. 

Ren is off in London, spreading his fabulous diva magic across the fashion industry. He's been trying to contact me but I haven't been able to get away from the hawk eyes of the security team my uncle hired to monitor my every move. All we do is text and send a selfie every now and then. 

"Mari-ssi." Seunghoon tapped my shoulder.

"Huh?" I blinked. "Yes?"

Seunghoon gazed at me apologetically, "You have to meet with the event planner for this year's gala."

I'm going back to Seoul for a few days and to be honest I'm dreading it. What if I run into a certain someone I don't want to see? Oh god, Kai probably hates my guts. He's probably taken my advice and found a new girlfriend that doesn't keep secrets from him, that doesn't have a horrible and violent personality, AND doesn't leave him for long periods of time. I saw EXO's comeback. The boys are finishing up promoting Wolf and I'm honestly fangirling so hard but I can't give them a call to congratulate them on their first win because I'm forbidden to. 

Uncle Hyunshik says I have to leave my past and start anew as the successor of CEO Kwon Miyoung. I'm the heir that no one had ever heard about until last month when I attended a press conference regarding my new status as Kwon Enterprises next chairman. I left my wonderful life in Seoul for this? I'm ing crazy. 

"Do I really have to go?" I pouted. 

"Yes, all your sponsors and their sons are going to be there." Seunghoon replied.

"Why did you put emphasis on sons?" I glared at him. "What are you trying to tell me?" 

Seunghoon whispered quickly, "Your uncle is trying to set you up with that pretty rich boy."

I grabbed my pen and whipped it straight at the picture of Uncle Hyunshik that attached to the dart board behind the office door. It landed right at the picture's eye. 

"Nice aim." Myungsoo raised an eyebrow. 

"I want that man dead!" I screeched. 

"I'm very sorry, Mari-ssi." Seunghoon sighed. "He's already chosen the next head of Kim International as your-"

"Please don't say it." 

"Take me to see my grandmother." 

"But you still have-"

"NOW. Before I decide to burn my uncle's office down." 

 

Grandma Kwon was busy reading a magazine when I stepped into her room. She glanced up at me as I closed the door behind me. "Sweetheart, how are you?" 

"I'm fine." I sat on the hospital bed and took my grandmother's hand. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm getting better by the second!" Grandma Kwon chirped. "A heart attack or two can't keep me down!" 

Grandma Kwon had suffered from two heart attacks last year and she's still in the early stages of recovery. Getting back to work isn't an option anymore. She's planning on announcing her retirement once she's healthy enough to appear on camera. 

"Goodness, grandma I'm really worried for you sometimes." 

"Sweetheart," Grandma Kwon chuckled, "I worry for you all the time." 

"What? Why? I'm perfectly independent, reliable, and perfectly capable of-"

"Forcing yourself to do things that please others even if it hurts you." Grandma Kwon rubbed my palm with her thumb, "I know what your uncle is making you do."

"Grandma-"

"My own son using me as hostage to get my grandbaby to do his dirtywork? Pfft, some I raised." 

"Grandma, I'm fine. Really, I just need to bear with him for a a bit longer and he'll be out of my hair-"

"Marriage is not a joke." My grandmother pinched my cheek. "Do not waste precious years of your life with someone that won't love you the way you deserved to be loved. And don't you dare waste that other person's time either. You may be young but being with someone that doesn't love you will wear you down and make it feel like an eternity of hell." 

"I know." 

"No, you don't." Grandma Kwon let go of my cheek. She rested her head against the headboard of the bed and sighed, "I married into the Kwon name. My husband was a kind man, someone I could rely on and trust. But he didn't love me. It was okay though, because he cared about me and to a lovesick girl...that was enough. Even having two children didn't bring us any closer than companionship." 

"I'm sorry to hear that." I frowned. "But at least he was kind to you." 

"Sweetheart, it doesn't matter how kind you are to someone if you've been friend-zoned for life. Who the hell friend-zones your own wife?!" Grandma Kwon threw her hands up in the air. "Don't you dare lead a person on like my dead husband did to me. Nothing is worse than false hope." 

"I did that to Myungsoo." 

"Which is why you can't do it to your future fiancé. Don't repeat mistakes, that's not what Kwon's do." 

"What do we Kwon's do? Because I could clearly use some advice right now." 

"Show no mercy. I raised you to kick , not kiss it."

 

 

Seoul is still beautiful, just as I remembered it when I left over a year ago. The city lights reflect off the skyscrapers, creating a gorgeous colorful glow. My attention was anywhere but the gala. None of my friends were here. The event was swarming with greedy old geezers with their sons and my relatives that were dying to marry me off. 

"You look stunning." Myungsoo smiled. 

I frowned and tugged at the tight and shoulder-less red hot gown I wore. My hair was curled and let loose to create a silky black waterfall of hair. The six inch heels weren't doing me any good since it's been two hours so far and I won't be sitting down anytime soon. I faked a smiled and hissed, "My feet hurt like a ."

"But you still look great." Myungsoo laughed. "You're doing great. Just a few more hours and you'll be free to sleep until noon tomorrow."

"You have no idea how wonderful that sounds right now."

"Go make small talk with people. Why don't I introduce you to your fiancé?" 

The menacing glare I gave Seunghoon made him cower behind Myungsoo. Myungsoo laughed nervously and took a step back, "He was just kidding. You know Seunghoon, he's just trying to lighten the mood." 

"By making me talk to some snobby rich jackass that will treat me like a trophy wife?!" I snapped. 

Seunghoon pouted, "You haven't even met him yet!"

"It's been over a year, I thought you moved on...Mari, you were the one that broke up with him." Myungsoo whispered. 

"Do you hear yourselves! This is why you two dumbs don't have girlfriends!" I pushed past them and stormed off. 

"Aish, she's raging again. She's going to be like this for the rest of the night." Seunghoon groaned. "She's going to leave a bad impression on the investors!"

"She's right, this is why you don't have a girlfriend." Myungsoo shook his head.

"HEY. She said the same thing about you too!" 

"Mari, wait for us!" I heard Myungsoo call out for me but that only made me run faster. I weaved through the lavishly dressed crowd. I did my best to avoid bumping into people but one particular individual decides to purposely block my way. His shoulder rammed into mine. 

"Excuse you." I snapped. 

"You seem tense." The male smirked. "I like a fiesty girl."

"Back off." I warned. "I'm in no mood to deal with people like you tonight." My eyes stared down the male in front of me.

"Ah, you must not know who I am." The young male grinned. "My name is-"

"Save it," I stuck my hand out in front of his face. "I won't be seeing you ever again so don't need to bother with names."

"MARI-SSI!" Seunghoon stumbled in front of us. He seemed mortified by the cold shoulder I was showing the flirt I was trying to get away from. "I apologize on behalf of Miss Kwon's ungracious behavior. She isn't feeling well and-"

"No need to apologize. I'm being forced into an arranged marriage as well, I can understand why Miss Kwon isn't in the best of moods." The man smiled at me, "I've heard lots about you, Mari-ssi."

"Ew, stalker much?" I cringed. 

"He's your fiancé for god sake! Be nice!" Seunghoon wailed. 

I gawked at Seunghoon and kept my jaw hanging. No. Flipping. Way. This guy is my fiancé?!

"Since we're going to be seeing each other more often. I think it's best we do make the effort to exchange names." My fiancé extended his hand out. "I am Kim Woobin. It's a pleasure to finally meet you." 

 

---End of Chapter 60---

 

 

Author-nim/sama's note: 

We've reached the end of My Badass Sweetheart! Thank you to these people that upvoted this story: frustratedbaconiamawesomenessSooyongcha_chandzC_Areumdaydreamer18

DeeAnaIceNicole12KPopLover28pearlREDreeblonghoomimseok

Cakeohcake26OnewJjongKeyPark_Yoonjigothprincess666britt29able1tarasnsdfan1,

 DeerHan90shereenlohshiny125WinglessAngelCCNTHMR13seleenchongbaroyah_

KpopforeveryuyingDeeana19MilkyVanillaChurroNewb, creamfeathersiamfarisha909396QiraHae, and serafina91!

It means the world to me that you all love this story as much as I do. Wow, I never thought I'd ever finish this masterpiece...LOL. I'm so glad you y buns deal with my bi-polar consistency of updates. I promise I'll do better :3 

This story in particular was a way for me to show my ghetto and sassy side in real life. I based Mari and Ren's friendship on my friendship with one of my besties. Conversations, insults, and arguments Ren and Mari have are the same ones I have with my bestfriend. Aha, you could say I have a endless source of inspiration for ratchet insults our favorite marshmallow has for people. 

Kai's personality and relationship with Mari is sorta the way I want things to be like with my future boyfriend/husband. I love a good cheesy romantic that I can constantly tease and I want to feel honestly loved like the way any girl deserves to be. There are a bunch of other thing about the origins of My Badass Sweetheart but it'll take forever to explain. I'd be happy to answer any questions you have so do feel free to ask.

UNTIL NEXT TIME MAH FAVORITE HOME SKILLET BISCUITS