Graduation/Birthday Surprise

My Badass Sweetheart

>>>Mari's POV<<<

"You two are so adorable!" Grandma Kwon snapped another picture of me and Ren. "So cute~"

I sighed and cracked another painful smile, I had been smiling for over half an hour. My cheek bones and jaw was about to crumble into a million little pieces. "Grams, my jaw hurts." I whined. 
 
"Oh, alright." The old woman huffed. She broke into a wide grin and pinched my cheek, "MAH BABY GRADUATED!" 
 
I groaned and planted my face into Ren's shoulder, trying to hide the tomato red color it was radiating. *WHY IS SHE SO EMBARRASSING?*
 
"I don't know why you're complaining, I love taking pictures." Ren wrapped an arm around my shoulder and held up a peace sign to accompany his cheesy smile. "Say, kimchi~" Ren cooed. 
 
"I've said it fifty times already." I grumbled, still hiding my face. 
 
"Then say it another fifty times because I still don't have any pictures of my hot tempered marshmallow." A deep voice said. 
 
I lifted my face from Ren's shoulder and grinned at Kai. He was holding a Rillakkuma plushie and a bouquet.
 

"Happy Graduation, Princess." Kai pulled me into his arms for a tight hug. "I liked your speech." 

I rolled my eyes at the extremely cheesy speech he was referring to. I lied about how much Seoul International Academy changed my life. I practically endorsed the school with my grandmother's name, saying how much the Kwon family cherished the school's dedication to educating some of the brattiest teens of South Korea. I couldn't even believe the bull coming out of my mouth, but I guess it's best to end high school on a high note. 

"Don't even remind me. But, I do like the gift." I gave the bear a kiss.
 
"You should be giving me a kiss, not the bear." Kai pouted. He puckered his lips and waited for me to kiss them. I rolled my eyes but happily obliged to his request. I gently pressed my lips against his. Kai smiled and pecked my nose in response. 
 
"You two are repulsive. Save the make-out session for the party." Chanyeol snorted.
 
An elbow jabbed him in the stomach, "Don't be so rude, Chayeol-ssi. I think they're adorable." Eunhee blew a kiss at me. "Let's take a group picture!" She dragged Eunmi along to take a frenzy of photos. 
 
"Eunhee came?!" Chanyeol stuttered. He face-palmed himself for his childish behavior earlier. Sehun's eyes were focused at the back of Eunmi's head, he wasn't paying any attention to his hyungs. 
 
"Yeah, you didn't see her at the opening ceremony?" Ren asked. 
 
"No! We barely made it on time because of Kai being picky over the bouquet flowers. We were forced to sit towards the back row!"
 
"Don't worry, you'll get a chance to redeem yourself at the party." Ayeon teased. Woori was also beside her, taking selcas with Sora. Taehee was busy making small talk with D.O. 
 
"Did you invite all your friends?" Kai whispered into my ear. 
 
I smirked, "Just the ones your hyungs like."
 
"IT'S PARTY TIME!" Ren announced. "Graduation/birthday party at the Kwon house!"
 
"Cake and ice cream for everyone!" Grandma Kwon cheered.
 
"No booze?" Ren pouted. 
 
I smacked the back of his head, "NO. BOOZE."
 
>>>Kai's POV<<<
 
"I thought you said no booze." I laughed at Ren, who was already downing half a bottle of soju. 
 
Mari groaned, "I did! Ren is so lucky his parents couldn't make it to the party or else they'd chop their son's head off!" She was about to walk up to him but I pulled her into a back hug.
 
"Let him have his fun, he'll be fine." 
 
"Do you not remember New Years?" 
 
"I do, and I think drunk Ren is pretty entertaining." I pointed at a very red faced Ren dancing on the dining room table. 
 
"Aish." Mari turned around to hug me, she buried her face into my chest. "He's going to have a massive hangover."
 
"Panda-boy!" Ren hollered at Tao. "Go out and buy some snacks for the beer and soju!" He tossed Tao his wallet and car keys. Tao just stared at him blankly, "Off you go panda!" Ren shooed him out the door. 
 
"Oh my gosh." Mari was about to follow Tao but I held onto her.
 
I pinched her cheek, "Stop it, it's your graduation/birthday party. You shouldn't be worrying over anything." I was surprised when she complied and stayed put. I was expecting a punch or some kind of violent comeback. Ren continued to scream like a banshee as he broke into his drunken kkab mode. Mari shook her head and led me outside, dying to get away from her embarrassing bestfriend.
 
She led me to the very back of her backyard, to a hidden area behind various bushes and trees. "This is my favorite spot in the house." Mari beamed at the hammock surrounded by illuminating lights and vines. 
 
 
"You totally set this up ahead of time." I made myself comfortable on the hammock before pulling my girlfriend into my arms.
 
"Did not." Mari failed at suppressing her laugh. 
 
"Now who's the mush ball?"
 
"Just enjoy the moment would you? I worked hard hanging all those lights!"
 
"So you did set this up-"
 
Mari cut me off with a kiss, "Are you going to kiss me or keep teasing?" 
 
"Before I decide on any of those two," I pulled out a small box from my back pocket. "I have to give you this."
 
"You already got me a gift." She pouted. "Stop buying me so many nice things, you're making me feel spoiled!" 
 
"Stop complaining, I know you enjoy opening presents." 
 
The slightly confused puppy like smile on her face was priceless. She stared at the necklace questionably until she finally realized what the symbol meant, "Hey, it's your symbol!"
 
"You're giving me your necklace? But it's a memory of your debut. I can't take this-" She tried putting it back in my hand. 
 
"It's yours now." I insisted. "I'll teleport straight to you whenever you need me." 
 
"And just how will you know where to teleport to?" Mari laughed and wore the necklace around her neck.
 
"You let me worry about that." I winked and kissed her cheek. 
 
"MARI!" We jumped at the sound of Ren's sudden screech. "Mari, where are you?" 
 
"What now?" Mari slowly slid off the hammock. I followed her back into the house. She nearly fainted when she saw Tao. He was carrying an unconscious body...with blood stained clothing.
 
Ren gawked at Tao, "Panda, what the did you do?!" 
 
 
 
---Chapter 53---
 
 

-Yang TaeAn

-18 years old

-Childhood friend from China

-Scary, quiet, doesn't like to socialize with new people

 

Don't forget to subscribe and comment MAH HOME SKILLET BISCUITS!