Official Bodyguard

My Badass Sweetheart

>>>Mari's POV<<<

Ugh, daylight...what a pain in the . Ren calls me a vampire for not enjoying nature's natural light. Bull, nature's natural light my . He doesn't complain because this handsome mofo practically glows in sunshine while I get burnt. What if I end up like Kai?! *Aw, matching skin tones. Good lord, I'm becoming mushy...*

"Mari-ah!" Ren waved from the entrance of the football field. "What are you daydreaming about now?" 

"Nothing!" I ran over to him. 

Ren impatiently tapped his foot, "I hate graduation practice. I got better things to do than to just- DAMMIT, why is it so hard for people to just walk across stage and accept a dainty piece of paper?"

"Says the who was the first one to trip and fall on stage." I snickered. 

"Shut the hell up." Ren pouted and crossed his arms. "Aish, it's so cold! Why the hell is graduation outdoors? It may be March but it's still thirty degrees Fahrenheit outside!" 

Usually graduation would be held inside the auditorium but this year the faculty wanted to make the event more memorable. Freezing your off in the cold city wind for three hours straight is definately going to be memorable. I stared aimlessly at the staff members busily setting up neat rows of chairs across the football field. 

"I think it's supposed to be symbolic..."

"The ?" 

"March signals the beginning of Spring, the season of rebirth, life, growth, and purity. Just as a seed blooms into a beautiful flower, the students of Academy will transform into hard working and promising adults of society. Please look upon our graduating class with open hearts." 

Ren paused for a moment, taking a minute to absorb the philosophical nonsense that just spilled out of my mouth, "And this is why you are the valedictorian." 

"Nah, I just read that crap off the back of the pamphlet they gave us earlier." I laughed and showed him the introduction pamphlet that was going to be handed out to the parents on this weekend. 

"I'm surprised you're not student body president." 

"I hate more than half of the people in this school."

"And just how do you expect to write a nice farewell speech about our class if you can't find a single good thing to talk about?"

"Ugh, I don't know." 

"Then, can you make half of your speech about me? You dont hate me, right?" 

"Conceited butthole." 

"Is that a yes? Does that mean you love me?" 

"Kwon Mari, do you have your speech prepared for rehearsal?" Principal Geum approached us. The cheery plump old man was wearing a freshly pressed silver suit. A pin of our school's emblem shun proudly from the jacket pocket.

"Nope." 

He adjusted his thick, square framed, glasses before squinting, "Aigoo, graduation day is this weekend. Do you at least have half of it done?" 

I shook my head with a bored expression, "Nope." I made the "p" pop with some unintentional sass. 

"What am I going to do with you?" Principal Geum pinched the bridge of his nose. 

"Don't worry ahjusshi, it'll be the best farewell speech ever. I promise." 

Ren gave him an assuring thumbs up. 

"Yah, you can't call me ahjusshi in public! People will think I'm giving you special treat-" 

I chuckled, "Sorry, I'll make it up to you. I'll make sure my grandmother sits next to you during the graduation ceremony." 

Principal Geum winked and gave me a fist bump before waddling off. It was cute to see our principle having a crush on my grandmother. I always thought old people love was the most heartwarming. It gave me reassurance that love really did last forever.

"Old people love is so adorable. I can just imagine your granny and old Principal Geum sitting on a park bench, enjoying the bright summer day and cursing the little rugrats that step on their feet." Ren grinned. "That'll be you and Kai in fifty years." 

I blushed and punched his arm. 

I heard a loud sigh behind me, "Now only if that punch was powerful enough to knock a thug out..."

I turned around, "Myungsoo!" 

"You should start working out Mari, building a little muscle would be good for a girl like you."

"Ew. Why would I want to build up muscle?"

"The stronger you are, the less likely you are to get attacked. You'll be your own personal bodygaurd."

"Aren't you my personal bodyguard. Although, I still have no idea what the hell you're protecting me from. Nothing has ever happened to me."

"Yet. Nothing has ever ha ppened to you yet. And I plan to keep it that way mashmallow face." He pinched my cheek. "Be a good girl and stay out of trouble so I don't have to shoot people." 

"What trouble? It's not like I'm dealing drugs- hold on! You shoot people?"

"I've got a gun. Which means my pansy level status is gone."

"I don't believe you." Ren narrowed his eyes at Myungsoo. "You can't even land a dart within a mile of a dart board. Your aim is horrendous, who in their right mind gave you a gun? Prove it, let me see!" 

Myungsoo pulled a pistol from his back pocket, showing me and Ren the weapon. Ren nearly pulled me onto his lap as he hugged my body tightly, "WHAT THE ?! Myungsoo put that away, it's dangerous!" Ren shreeched.

"Oh so now you don't want to see it? What happened to proving myself?"

"You've already proven yourself, ! Now put that thing away!" 

Myungsoo rolled his eyes and secured his weapon back into his pocket. "You're such a baby."

Ren released me, but still hugged my arm. "You're the one pointing a gun at your bestfriends!"

"I wasn't pointing it at you!"

"Okay, enough!" I interrupted. "Myungsoo, why are you even here? Why are you suddenly starting to watch me now?"

"Your grandmother says you're going to be turning eighteen, which means adulthood. Your debut party is set the night you land in Jeju."

"And?"

"Your in the focus of the public eye. An up and coming heiress with a business empire in her control. You are the target of thousands of eligeble bachelors around the world. Whether it be winkly old CEO's or gang leaders."

"EW!" Me and Ren cringed. "That is gross!" I pretended to barf. 

"Which is why I'm here to prevent any possible kidnappings. You're practically worth billions of dollars." 

"Greedy s." I huffed. "All people ever want if money. I'm not going to marry some butthole who only cares about how much cash I-"

"Don't worry, princess. I'll make sure you get that fairytale ending you've alreadys dreamt of with Kai." 

Ren cackled as he saw my cheeks burned.

 

 

---End of Chapter 52---

 

 

 

Authornim's Note: Forgive me T^T I'm busy studying for finals and ACT's so I really can't update very often until mid-June. I promise to give lots of long fluffy couple time once school is over ♥

Don't forget to subscribe and comment MAH HOME SKILLET BISCUITS!