Game Time

My Badass Sweetheart

>>>Mari's POV<<<

I didn't even bothering paying attention during English class. I was too preoccupied visualizing hand and foot movements in my brain. First day of winter break starts next Monday. Which means first day at work as EXO's new choreographer; I haven't even listened to their debut song yet. I put 'Mama', the title track, on full blast, drowning out my surroundings. *Weird Engrish chanting in the beginning sounds creepy...* My foot unvoluntarily tapped to the beat as my fingers silently drummed on the desk. It wasn't a bad song...I could work with this.

Ren, who was sititing beside me, shopping for a new pair of kicks on his phone. "Dammit they don't have my size." He grumbled. "Hey Mari," Ren whispered, nudging me with his elbow.

"What?" I pulled out my earbuds. 

"Do you wanna go shopping with me after school?"

"Don't you have soccer practice after school today?" 

Despite Ren's pretty boy looks he was surprisingly fit. Slightly muscular arms, long legs with toned calves, and a well defined six-pack from the intense work outs during practice. Ren used to be a swimmer-imagine his fan girls-but he complained about his shoulders becoming too broad so soccer was the next best thing. 

"Oh yeah...hey you promised you'd watch me during practice today!"

"Uh, Kai's picking me up from school again." 

Ren pouted angrily, "But you promised! I told you I wanted to show you that new kick I've been working on for months!"

"Oh alright I'll tell Kai." 

>>>Kai's POV<<<

I checked the time on my phone: 3:00pm. *Time to pick up Mari* "I'll be back soon guys."

"Where are you going?" Suho asked.

"Picking up Mari from school."

"Well aren't you a good boyfriend." Luhan smirked. "You plan on doing this everyday?"

I smiled, "Why not-" I was cut off by my phone, vibrating from a text. 

Mari: You don't have to pick me up today. I'm hanging out with Ren

*Aw* I pouted and bit my tongue. "What happened?" Sehun ran over, he burst out laughing. "Poor hyung wanted to spend time with Mari but she'd rather hang out with Ren." I shot an angry glare at the annoying maknae. 

Jongin: How dare you reject spending time with your wonderful boyfriend. T0T

Mari: Sorry, I promised to watch Ren during soccer practice today

Jongin: You'd rather watch him kick a stupid ball around than hold hands with me?

Mari: it up boyfriend-nim. I'll see you tmmrw ^^

"Aish this girl." I shoved my phone back into my pocket. 

"No quality time with Mari today?" Chanyeol teased. 

I grinned, "Depends, who likes soccer?" 

>>>Mari's POV<<<

After listening to the boys chant mama for the upteenth time I finally yanked out my earbuds.*UGH I CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING!* The screamo part was supposed to be the highlight of the whole song. I couldn't just put simple dance steps in. It had to be complicated and interesting to actually watch-not, to mention incredibly fast paced to match with the beat. I pulled my bangs in frustration.  My eyes tore away from my Ipod and focused on Ren, particularly on his feet. Ren was the captain of the soccer team so naturally his footwork would be the best. Precise...clean...fast... *THAT'S IT!* I stood up and began to mimicked Ren. 

"You know it's a hazard to be dancing up on bleachers. You could trip or fall." 

I looked down. A smiled formed as I tucked a loose strand of hair behind me ear. *Kai...*

"If you do end up falling," He took a few steps foward and held his arms out, "I'll always be there to catch you." 

"You're really cheesy you know that?" I snickered. 

"Are you going to jump into my arms and hug me or do I have to come up there myself?"

"Are you two done with your Nicholas Sparks moment? You two are disgusting!" Sehun pretended to puke. 

"I didn't know you read Nicholas Sparks novels." I jumped off the bleachers and gave a quick hug to Kai. "Who knew the maknae was a secret romance geek." 

"I am not!" Sehun pouted, slightly blushing.

"What are you guys doing here? What about dance practice?"

"We finished up early. Kai hyung insisted on coming here to spend time with y- playing soccer." 

"I see. Are any of you pretty boys good at sports?" 

"Luhan hyung is good at soccer and Xiumin hyung likes to play too!" 

"The two oldest with the baby faces can actually play?" 

"Very funny. I'll beat the whole team with my hands tied behind my back." Luhan frowned. 

"Doesn't matter what you do with your hands. They're not allowed in soccer, unless you're the goalkeeper." Ren jogged up to us. "Would you guys like to join us in a quick game?" 

"Yes." Luhan nodded. "Twelve on Twelve." 

"Works for us." 

"Yah! Who are you people?" Coach Kang stomped over. "Get off my field! We're in the middle of practice for finals!" 

"Aw come on coach, we could use some new competition." Ren whined. 

"Absolutely not! These boys don't even go to this school. I want them off the field. NOW." He ordered. Coach Kang turned away. 

"Aish this bastard." Ren mumbled. 

Kai sighed, "Maybe some other time?"

"No." Ren grabbed the soccer ball from one of his teammates. "I got this." He placed in on the ground and angled his body a bit. Ren took a few steps back and sprinted up to the ball. "HEY ." He called.

"Excuse me?" Coach Kang turned around.

Ren struck the ball with as much force as he could with his foot. The ball bounced right off the top of the goal and smashed right into Coach Kang's face. The middle aged man landed with a loud thud.

"Ooooooooo." Everyone said in unison.

"That's gotta hurt." Chen cringed. 

I rushed to Coach Kang and bent down to his unconcious body. "It's okay, he's not dead...just knocked out cold."

"Good. Hey guys, drag the body up against that big oak tree." Ren instructed his team. 

I widened my eyes, "What are you doing? What if someone sees him!" 

"You're right." Ren snapped his fingers. "Yah, put a cap on him and make sure it covers his eyes. It'll make it look like he's napping on the job!"

"Ren!" I smacked him as two large boys hauled off Coach Kang's body.

"What? Do you want to see us play or not? You get to be Kai's personal cheerleader."

"I would like to see you in a cheerleaders uniform." Kai smirked. 

"Not even in your dreams ert." I rolled my eyes. "Yah, was that the kick you wanted to show me?"

"Nah." Ren shook his head. "But I think that one was ten times better than I one I planned on showing you."

 

---End of Chapter 15---

 

Authors note: A bit of a boring chapter but I PROMISE the next one will be MUCH better ;D

Take Yoseob's words for it...

 

 

Like Mah Story?! Subscribe and Comment!!! Both help me update faster xDDD