Chapter 31

The Boy Next Door

 

Chapter 31 – Let’s watch a movie … NOT

 

 

 

 

“Since class is suspended, why don’t we watch movie in here?” Seunghyun suggested as they were sitting in the living room in Dara’s apartment.

 

“Sounds awesome” Dara glanced at him and smiled.

 

“What do you want to watch?” he asked Dara as he looked at the pile of DVDs under the TV.

 

Dara stood up and went to the DVDs and grabbed a particular CD and handed it to Seunghyun, “I bought it months ago but I don’t have time to watch it” she said as she sat beside him.

 

“I give my first love to you?”

 

“Yup. It’s a Japanese movie.”

 

Seunghyun nodded and headed to the DVD player and said, “I’ll prepare this and you’ll prepare the popcorn.”

 

“Aye sir!” Dara saluted and went to the kitchen.

 

She put the popcorn in the microwave oven. As she waited for it to be cook, she sat down in the counter, swinging her legs. She closed her eyes for a bit to relax as she waits for the popcorn.

 

 

“Dara” she heard a voice calling her. She looked up and saw Seunghyun standing in front of her.

 

“Hmm?” she asked him, raised brow.

 

“Who are you really?” he asked her as he trapped her in the counter with his hands beside her lap.

 

“What do you mean?” she asked him, brows scrunched.

 

“What did you do to me?” he asked her, voice so low that only the two of them can hear it. He searched her eyes.

 

“I didn’t do – “

 

“I love you” Seunghyun cut her off.

 

Those magical words that brought butterflies to her tummy. As the words sink in her mind, that’s the time she realized that Seunghyun was kissing her. He found her lips so luscious. Dara finally recovered from the shock and kissed him back. Pulling her close to his body, Seunghyun wrapped his arms around her waist. Dara also took the opportunity to pull his lips closer to hers as she enclosed her arms around his neck.

 

Things were getting hotter and hotter when she smelled burnt popcorn in their surroundings.

 

 

“Darabbit, the popcorn!!” she heard a voice screaming from the living room.

 

She fluttered her eyes open and immediately jumps over.

 

It was a dream’ she thought.

 

Without a potholder in her hands she opened the oven and yanked the popcorn out of the microwave, one hand.

 

“Oww, its hot!” she cried and threw the burnt popcorn in the trash bin directly. She ran to the faucet and let the water ran to her hand.

 

Seunghyun heard her and ran over to her “Are you okay?” he asked worriedly which made her jump a bit.

 

“Y-yeah” she answered not bothering to look at him.

 

“Why are you so jumpy?” Seunghyun took a notice on it when he asked her few seconds ago.

 

“Nothing. It’s just … I was dreaming with us almost making out in here” she replied but the last statement was on her mind.

 

“It’s just?” Seunghyun repeated.

 

“It’s just … the popcorn is hot” she replied, focusing on her hand.

 

“Let me help you with that” he offered as he held her hand and rubbed it with his under the running water.

 

Like lighting running through her body, she was electrified with his touch. Her heart was pounding on her chest.

 

Heart disease’ she distracted herself with the new feeling.

 

“Better?” Seunghyun asked as he glanced at her. She managed to nod her head.

 

“You should be careful Dara” he reminded her as he close the faucet. They walked back to the living room.

 

“Now we don’t have popcorn anymore” Dara said and pouted.

 

“What happen back there?” Seunghyun asked her as he grabbed her hand and take a look at it.

 

“I put the timer into 30 minutes” she replied.

 

“But the popcorn can be cooked for about 10-20 minutes” he said and traced her hand with his fingers.

 

“I know. When I cook popcorn I always put the timer to 30 minutes then turn it off a minute or two after 20, but I didn’t notice the time” she smiled apologetically at him.

 

 

“Because?” he lifted his brows.

 

“Because I took a nap and had a … a … a horrible dream” she blow and air to her hair.

 

“And what would it be?” Seunghyun got interested in her ‘horrible dream’.

 

“Seunghyun, let’s just watch the movie okay?” she changed the subject with all her force.

 

“No. Tell it to me first then we’ll watch” he grinned at her.

 

“Ahh, I don’t want to. It’s embarrassing and awkward to tell| she face palmed.

 

Seunghyun got held of her hands and pulled it away from her face, “Tell it to me, swear I won’t laugh” he said.

 

“Ahh” she whined. ‘Of course you won’t laugh because it’s not something funny, it’s something y’ she thought.

 

“Come on Darabbit” he pleaded.

 

“Okay” she sighed, “Idreamofusalmostmakingoutthereinthecounter” she said it in one go without breathing and covered her face.

 

“What?” he asked, his face confused. “Again Dara. Now slooowwwllllyyy.”

 

“Promise me it won’t get awkward” she looked at him in the eyes.

 

“I promise” he nodded.

 

She took a deep breath and “I.Dream.Of.Us.Almost.Making.Out.There.In.The.Counter” she said very slowly and covered her red face with her hands.

 

That shocked Seunghyun to life. But he found himself smiling at her dream. He chuckled and pulled Dara to his chest.

 

“No one will see your red face” he said and caressed her hair.

 

“Aysii” she muffled “Thank you for not breaking your promise” she said, now looking up at him.

 

“If I told you I promise, I promise that” he said and kissed her forehead. “But I got a question, what did we do?” he asked teasingly.

 

“That’s mine to keep and for you to find out” she giggled and stuck her tongue out. “Now let’s watch the movie” she said and extended her hand to reach the remote in the center table but Seunghyun kicked it with his foot, so the remote control fell on the floor. Dara glared at him.

 

 

“Let’s watch again it next time. After all we don’t have popcorn to munch” he said. “Let’s just stay like this” with that, he pulled Dara closer to him with his arm on her waist. Dara shrugged and rested her head on his shoulder.

 

“Thank you for coming to my life” Seunghyun said as he rested his head to Dara’s.

 

“No drama please” Dara said and playfully rolled her eyes. Seunghyun chuckled and ruffled her hair then kissed it.

 

“Stop kissing. I’m not your property” she laughed.

 

“Oh young miss. You’re mine remember? And you said I am yours” he said as he wiggled his brows and smiled.

 

“Since when?” she looked at him.

 

“Since last night” he replied and touched the tip of her nose with his forefinger.

 

“Not” she mumbled.

 

Seunghyun got her head back to his shoulder.

 

“How I wish I could dream of what you dream a while ago” he said out of nowhere.

 

“ert” she chuckled.

________________________________________________

Im Alive! XDDD ...

Did you like there moment? Tell me what you think!! I hope you like it though ;)
 

REMEMBER TO COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!!