Chapter 20

The Boy Next Door

 

Chapter 20: Ssantoki-Dragon reunion with Big Bang and … busted!!

 

“Umma, do you still have communication with the Park family?” Jiyong asked her mom on the phone. He was still bothered by Dara’s ring. It’s the same as what he gave to her best friend. He can’t be wrong; the style, the shape, the color and all, it’s the same! The ring he gave to Sandara is the only ring in the whole wide Seoul. He personally ordered it with their family’s trusted jewelry shop.

 

Yes son. Why?” her mom asked.

 

“I really miss Sssantoki umma. I want to meet her tomorrow. Can you do that for me?” he pleaded her mom.

 

Of course. I’ll do it for my Jiyong.”

 

“Thank you mom. You’re the best!” he bid goodbye to her mother and hang up.

 

Jiyong has this feeling that Dara and Sandara is only one person. He was never wrong about his instincts.

 

“Tomorrow, I will know the truth!” he said and lay down on his bed.

 

 

 

Meanwhile on Dara’s apartment:

 

 

“Why is Jiyong asking about this ring? He’s so weird” Dara mumbled on her bed.

 

“Whatever. I’ll go to sleep instead” she said as she closed her eyes. She was already sleeping when her phone rang.

 

“Aigooo. Who will call me this time?” she groaned and pick up her phone.

 

Daddy’

 

“Yes dad?”

 

Do you remember your childhood friend? Your dragon?”

 

“Yeah. What about him dad?”

 

He wants to meet you tomorrow.”

 

“Omo! Really? But how about my class?”

 

 

I’ll send your school a letter.”

 

“Ohmeegosssh! I really can’t believe it! This day is full of surprises! You know what dad; I got casted as the main star of our school’s play!”

 

I’m really happy for you, Dara. Dad’s gonna hang up now. Bye”

 

“Bye daddy!” as soon as her dad ended the call she squealed on her pillow.

 

“After how many years, I’m gonna see my dragon. Omo!!!” She rolled from her bed as she continues on squealing. She got up and went to the kitchen. She open her fridge and drank the water in one go.

 

Dara went back to her bed after she composed herself. She fluttered her eyes close and sleep.

 

 

 

~~~~

 

 

The next morning Dara woke up early. This is the day when she and her dragon would meet after how many years. She received a text from her dad that they will meet up in their hotel before lunch. She was looking forward to this day to come; for them to reunite. It was already 9 in the morning when she went into the bathroom to freshen herself. After that, she wore her newest dress she bought before she move in the apartment and applied a make-up in her bare face.

 

 

Jiyong on the other hand was preparing himself for their meet-up too. He called up the Big Bang members to let them meet his ‘confidential’ best friend.

 

“Seunghyun hyung, tell the other members to meet me at our favorite coffee shop” Jiyong said as he put on his shoes

 

“Why so sudden Jiyong? We have classes today” Tabi asked.

 

“You’ll meet my best friend there, hyung and don’t worry about school. I’ll let my dad send an excuse letter. I’ll hang up now hyung. See you later” Jiyong said before turning off his phone.

 

 

Tabi sent his younger friends about the meet-up and prepared himself. He wanted to look good in front of that ‘confidential’ friend of Jiyong. He knows that she is one of the famous girls in Seoul. Big Bang members were looking forward for this day just like Jiyong.

 

 

 

 

~~~~~

 

 

Dara went to their hotel first. She misses the place so much. Their employers bowed down to her as she passed by them. Others were a little shock to see her back on the hotel. She asked the hotel’s manager if her father made an appointment in the restaurant below. The manager led the way to the VIP section of the restaurant. She hated to admit but she is very nervous now. So curious about how grown up her dragon would be. How would he look like.

 

 

Few minutes left, before the time for their meet-up she went to the powder room to fix herself. She looked her reflection in the mirror and said, “Will he recognize me? Will he be happy for me for what I accomplish?” She combed her hair and applied lip balm on her lips again, and then she went out.

 

 

As she walked back, she saw a familiar guy sitting across to where she sat before. She erased it and continued on walking to the table. She tapped the guy on his shoulder. She waited for him to turned back to her and see her big smile on her face. Her best friend glanced and stood up.

 

“Ssantokiii~” her best friend shouted and hugged her tightly.

 

My Dragon is Jiyong of Big Bang??!! Eottohke???” She thought, panicked.

 

“I miss you sooooooo much!” Jiyong said and broke free from the hug. He saw her panicked expression; he scrunched his brows and pouted.

 

“Don’t you miss my ssantoki?” he asked.

 

Dara looked at him and smiled “Of course I miss you dragon!” now, it is her turn to hug him.

 

They broke free from the hug and took a seat. Jiyong looked at her intently.

 

“You know ssantoki, I still wear our childhood ring. Did you too?” he asked her as he keep on looking at her.

 

“Of course, see this?” she held his hands up to let him see the ring on her hands.

 

That’s the same as Dara’s ring. That is the ring!! It is the ring!!” Jiyong thought. His eyes sparkled as he watched her ring.

 

“Sandara … ssantoki … Dara …” he mumbled. Dara heard what he mumbled and widened her eyes.

 

“What did you call me?” she asked, getting anxious.

 

 

“Sandara and ssantoki” he answered innocently.

 

“No. The last one” Dara asked, her legs were trembling now.

 

“Dara” he smiled after he spoke her pet name.

 

“Y-y-you know I am Dara?” she stuttered. Her legs are shaking now. Whenever she feels nervous her legs will tremble and she can’t control it.

 

“Busted!” Jiyong laughed. “I knew it” he said and kept on laughing.

 

“How did you know Jiyong?” she asked him curious. Now that he knew the truth and he didn’t even got angry, her legs ceased in shaking.

 

“I never knew not until I saw your ring. That’s why I wanted to meet you up to confirm it” he smiled at her sweetly.

 

“You really are my bestfriend. But I didn’t know that you are in a gang before. Tssk. This boy” Dara can’t help but laughed.

 

Jiyong smiled at her “No wonder I have this feeling that I know you when I first saw you in the apartment.”

 

“Come on. Let’s go out dragon” she stood up and grabbed Jiyong’s wrist.

 

“Alright ssantoki” he stood up and yanked his hands away from Dara’s grip. She looked at him wide eyes.

 

“Let me hold your hands instead. Just like the old times” he said and intertwined his hand to hers. Dara softened remembering their childhood days.

 

Hand in hand they walked to Jiyong’s car.

 

“Where are we going?” she asked him.

 

“Meeting up the boys!” he said as he started the engine.

 

“Why? I thought this is our day?” she asked pouting.

 

“You’re still the old Sandara. No changes” he laughed. He saw her pouting “They really wanted to meet my ‘confidential’ best friend plus you have to tell them that you are Dara Park. Okay?”

 

“Aigooo~”she blew an air “Alright then.”

 

 

After minutes of driving, Jiyong’s car stopped at their coffee shop.

 

 

“I miss our coffee” she said as she got out of the car. She didn’t wait Jiyong as she stormed off inside. Their workers bowed at her. Jiyong went inside and looked for the boys. He saw them at the table near the window. He waved at them and dragged Dara with him.

 

“Hyung, is that Jiyong hyung’s best friend?” Seungri asked Tabi.

 

“Maybe” Tabi simply answered as he sipped his coffee.

 

“Isn’t she one of the most famous girls in Seoul? Sandara Park?” Sol asked them.

 

Tabi nearly choked on the coffee when Sol told them about GD’s best friend.

 

“Guys, this is my best friend Sandara Park. The owner of this coffee shop, the most famous model in Seoul and the son of the Park Industries” he introduced her to them. Dara was so shy to meet the boys now that GD knew the truth. He nudged her.

 

“Hello. Nice to meet you Big Bang” she smiled at them as she eyed GD.

 

“Don’t you know her?” Jiyong asked them as they sat in front of them.

 

“Of course we know her because she is so famous hyung” Daesung answered.

 

“No. I mean don’t you familiarize her face?” Jiyong asked again as he teasingly eyed Dara.

 

“Dragon!” Dara said in a loud voice.

 

“What do you mean Jiyong?” Tabi asked him looking at Jiyong then at Dara.

 

Dara stood up and looked at the 4 boys across her and eyed at Jiyong who was smiling now.

 

“Hello. I am Sandara Park. No. I am Dara Park. Scratch that. I am Sandara Park a.k.a Dara Park of apartment 6A” she sheepishly smiled at them.

 

“Dara noona??” Seungri asked in a loud voice. Dara nodded. As Dara was speaking a while ago Tabi was drinking her coffee and as soon as he heard her true identity he choked on his coffee.

 

“Woah?!!!! I can’t believe my eyes. Dara is the famous Sandara Park? Ohmygossssh!” Daesung’s eyes widened.

 

“Dara Park is Sandara Park. You disguised amazingly” Tabi said in amusement.

 

“Thank you Seunghyun” Dara smiled at them.

 

“Dara is a smart- that’s why she disguised intelligently” Jiyong said as he slung an arm in her shoulder.

 

“Shut up!” she mumbled.

 

“Sandara. Dara. Whatever your name is. Why did you distant from us? Like staying away?” Tabi asked her. She could see how worried he is and how confused he is.

 

 

“I don’t want trouble from Miyoung. I have a promised with my group that if there is something troubling me and there are choices. We will do something to prevent us from having a fight. That’s why even if it troubles me, I stayed away from all of you” Finally, Dara told them the whole truth about her staying away.

 

“Just as I thought” Tabi said as he played on the mug.

 

“Miyoung is the whole reason” Sol said as he shook his head.

 

“And did you just mention fight?” Jiyong asked her.

 

“Yeah. I thought you know dragon.”

 

“About?”

 

“Never mind. That’s a secret for you to find out” she said as she stuck her tongue out.

 

Jiyong looked at the boys then in unison they said to her “No secrets allowed!”

 

Dara sighed heavily “Okay, okay. No secrets allowed. Aigoo Big Bang. Don’t you know me really?”

 

They shook their head. “I, Sandara Park, is part of 2ne1 gang and I am their best fighter. Happy?” she said as she looked at her with wide eyes and jaw dropped.

 

“I’m going home. I can’t take this anymore.” Seungri said as he stood up from his seat.

 

“Maknae!!” Dara whined, with that Seungri sat back.

 

“You are joking right?” Jiyong asked as he gulped.

 

“Nope. I can confirm it. I can tell you my member’s true name” she said smiling widely.

 

“You are no ordinary girl, Dara Park!” Tabi said chuckling.

 

“I know right?” she proudly lifted her chin and smirked at all of them “Lucky for you to have a friend like me. When I say I can take care of myself, I can. That BTOB? They’re just in my nails” she said laughing. Dara stood up and went to the counter to order for the boys.

________________________________________

Yay! Finally the reunion of the best friend. Plus the truth is out.  Ohweeee :D

What do you think?

Gahh~ if yesterday i told you that it was my longest chapter, then chapter 20 has the new record ... lmaoo xDD

 

Comment. Subscribe ♥♥♥