Chapter 41

The Boy Next Door

 

Chapter 41 – Lost

 

 

 

Tabi received an invitation from his friend, the son of the Kim’s corporation. The theme was a masquerade party, to be held tonight at the guy’s mansion. Without a second thought, he asked Dara to be her date at the party.

He went to Dara’s room and knocked. No one answered. He presumed that she is sleeping since it was a cold 1 o’clock in the afternoon.

He turned the doorjamb clockwise and opened it. His guess was wrong. Dara was not sleeping but rather she was busy typing in her laptop while listening to music with earphones.

Smiling, he walked to her bed and sat at the edge of it making her switch her attention from her work to him.

“Oh!” she said and takes off the earphone plugged. “You’re here” she smiled at him.

“I thought you’re sleeping but I guess you’re not” he shrugged and chuckled. “What are you working there babe?” he peeked over her shoulder and he saw messages.

“Ah, I’m trying to reply to some modeling invitation. You know, to get some pennies” she giggled at her last statement.

“No need to work so much babe, I can give you lots and lots of money” he pinch her cheeks and smiled.

“Right, like it is your money” she rolled her eyes and laughed “What’s your appointment to me by the way?” she asked him as she went back to her laptop.

“Ah yes! I almost forgot” he snapped his fingers and handed Dara the invitation.

“Invitation card?”

“Yeah and I am going to invite you to be my date tonight in this party” he tapped the card and smiled affectionately to her.

“I would love to go Hyunnie~” she said in her not-so-excited voice.

“Alright!” he clapped his hands and stood up “I’ll just call someone to deliver our costumes for tonight’s event. I’ll be right back” he leaned and kissed her lips, then headed out of her room.

 

_______

 

Dara was wearing a mixed of white and blue strapless dress up to knee length in match with her killer heels. She had a light make up on revealing her almost natural beauty and her wavy hair swayed on her shoulder. She didn’t make much on her hairdo and just let her hair loose. Her tempting lips were in color pink tonight.

Tabi was on his navy blue tuxedo with his necktie in match with the color of Dara’s dress. His turquoise hair was on a messy style.

Dara clinging to Tabi, the couple garnered attention as they went it and pause for a picture taking near the entrance.

The girls were in awe as they looked at Dara from head to toe. She’s so simple yet her beauty outshines them. Guys were ogling at her too. Tabi saw them and he pulled her closer to his side.

“Choi Seunghyun!!” a guy in a gray suit called him.

“Oh, Kim Jaejoong!!” Tabi shook his hands to him. “Long time no see.”

“Yes, long time no see” the guy named Jaejoong glanced at the girl beside him. “Mind to introduce her to me?”

Tabi chuckled “Meet my girlfriend, Sandara Park” he smiled at Dara then back at the guy.

“Hello there gorgeous, I’m Kim Jaejoong. Nice to meet you” he handed his hand out, shaking it with Dara’s and winked at her.

Being the protective boyfriend he is, Tabi saw the winky-winky thing Jaejoong made. “No flirting at my girl, boy” he said and glare at the guy.

“Over protective eh?” Jaejoong let out a laugh which also earn a giggle from Dara.

Tabi rolled his eyes at him.

“Enjoy yourselves, gorgeous couple. I’ll excuse myself first” with that Jaejoong left them and walked to the new visitor.

“That’s the guy who invited us?” Dara asked as they walked to the table.

“Unfortunately yes” he chuckled and let Dara sit first before he does.

Dara handed Tabi his mask but the guy pouted.

“Arraso, I’ll put it for you” Dara sighed and put the mask on Tabi’s face. “There you go” she smiled at him and kissed his checks.

“Ah, How I hate masquerade party” Tabi whined.

“Eh, why?”

“It’s just I can’t see people’s faces in this case. You know, suspicious ones” he explained to her.

“Ah, like Lee Minhyuk?” Dara nodded.

“Yes, like him.”

 

 

The party went on with everybody enjoying it. Tabi on the other side was a little bit cautious for the appearance of Minhyuk since there is a chance he will be here for he’s a son of a businessman like him.

Jaejoong was on the mini stage thanking the visitors for coming to the party. He acknowledged his friends one by one and asked them to come to stage beside him.

“Choi Seunghyun” he called him and nodded at him.

“Be right back babe” he kissed Dara’s forehead and made his way to the stage.

Dara was clapping her hands like everybody else did. She wanted to use the powder room for a moment so she waved her hands up to Tabi.

Tabi was already looking at her place since he arrived at the stage, not wanting to break his gaze from her. He saw her waving her hands up and he smiled at her.

“Powder room” she mouthed at him. He hesitated for a bit but shrugged off the feeling and nodded his head at her, smiling.

 

Dara was making her way to the powder room with less confusion since she saw the sign right away. When she went inside, no one was there. She was all by herself.

She retouched her make-up and arranged her hair. She smiled at her reflection.

“Gorgeous” she complimented her own self and with satisfaction she headed to the door.

But when she opened it, a man on a mask welcomed her.

The men’s rest room is on the other side, she said to herself.

She shrugged off the thought and started walking back to her place. She stopped on her tracks when the guy held her wrist.

She spun around only to be welcomed by a handkerchief and with less effort, it covered .

Dara felt dizzy. She felt weak and her knees started to weaken. Then she collapsed on the guy’s arm in no time.

The guy arranged her hair and attached her mask on her face and held her body closed to his.

“Drunk” he told the guard standing on the exit door. The guard nodded his head and helped him to his car, just waiting for him outside.

 

 

Tabi went back to their table only to find out that Dara hasn’t come back yet. He stood up and went to the ladies rest room. He saw an ahjumma cleaning the doorway.

“Excuse me, but is there anyone inside? Particularly a girl in a white and blue strapless dress?” he asked the ahjumma.

The ahjumma opened the door and closed it back “I’m sorry but no one is inside sir” the ahjumma bowed at him and continue cleaning.

Tabi scanned the area but he saw no sign of Dara. He kept on waling back and forth but it wasn’t any help.

“Something’s wrong?” Jaejoong asked him as they bumped on each other.

“Dara’s not here. She’s not even in the ladies restroom” he told him and his eyes were on full alert on the place.

“Maybe she went out?” Jaejoong said more of a question.

“Why would she do that then?”

Jaejoong shrugged, not being able to answer Tabi’s question.

If Dara went out, the guard will surely see her, he thought and without even saying excuse to Jaejoong he left and walked directly to the exit door.

“Excuse me, but did you see a girl in a white and blue strapless dress walking out in here?” he asked the guard on duty.

There was a paused between them before the guard snapped his fingers.

“Did you mean that drunk girl?” the guard asked him.

His eyes widened in surprise. Drunk? Dara didn’t even touch the wine. How could she be drunk?

“Did she pass in here?” he asked not answering the first question the guard asked him.

“Yes sir. She’s with her boyfriend I suppose” the guard replied with his question.

Eyes rounded, Tabi ran his fingers to his hair and cursed. The guard step back, away from the fuming Tabi.

“Something’s wrong sir?” the guard managed to ask him even in Tabi’s state.

“There is something wrong because SHE’S NOT WITH HER GODDAMN BOYFRIEND. I AM HER BOYFRIEND AND THAT GUY IS A KIDNAPPER!!” he said in a loud and frustrated voice.

“What the hell?!” the guard said getting the situation now. He walked to the boy who’s in charge of the list of the cars coming in and out of the hotel and asked for the car that just drove out. Lucky for them, the car which Dara is in was the latest car that just went out and nothing else.

The guard handed Tabi the plate number of the car “I’m really sorry sir. I don’t know that he’s not her boyfriend. This is the plate number of the car I hope you can track them” the guard handed him a piece of paper.

Tabi grabbed the paper and immediately went for his car. He dialed Jiyong’s number.

He answered on the first ring “Hello, TOP hyung?”

“Emergency!”

______________________

Finally an update :)

P.S If there are also a DaraGon shipper in here, you can check out my new story --> Double Double Love and Trouble