Chapter 48

The Boy Next Door

 

Chapter 48 – White rose.

 

 

Dara’s POV

 

Everything is back to normal. My ‘special’ amnesia is long gone now. I insist in going back to school even if all of them – that includes; my folks, Seunghyun’s parents, 2ne1 girls, Big Bang boys and of course, HIM – don’t want me to. I understand that they’re trying to protect me from danger. They told me how it feels when they almost lost me. Sigh. I don’t want to think back that incident. It’s too much to remember.

 

I look around the school yard, it is still the same. But I miss this cozy area, this shaded part of the tree. It’s almost been 3 months since I’ve live away from my parent’s house. Kinds of amazing that my ‘disciplinary punishment’ – Sanghyun’s endearment – is not yet lift up. Part of me wants to go home but mostly, I want to stay with him.

 

I glance at my watch, it’s almost 1 in the afternoon and I need to head back to my homeroom before I’ll be late. I stand up and dust myself before I grab my bag beside the tree.

 

I am walking back to the alley that leads out from the backyard when I hear someone calling my name.

 

“Dara” again, I hear that voice almost a whisper. Okay, this is getting creepy. I know there are securities in the premises but I need to be sure before something bad might happen again to me. I fasten my pace when the voice resumes in calling me. Gaaah!

 

“Bye” it says. Oh!

 

When I’m sure that the stalker is not there anymore – or the voice – I turn around to where I hear it.

 

Dara, you’ve not learn are you? My subconscious snarls at me.

 

Only this time, please.

 

With a careful walk, I head back to the way I was walking. Then from the shaded tree, I see a white thing. I know for sure that it’s not there a while ago. Maybe that’s for me?

 

A white rose.

 

For real?!

 

I pick it up and glance around. No one. I’m safe. Beneath the rose, there’s an envelope, its size is as big as my notebook.

 

Not a love letter for sure. But what?

 

“Darabbit?” the familiar voice I always hear every day calls me. Seunghyun!

 

“Here!” I call out without looking. I hurriedly put the envelope inside my bag.

 

Before I could turn around a pair of arms wraps around my waist.

 

“There you are” he kisses my shoulder and tightens his arms.

 

“Hi” I wrap my arms around his arms and smiles.

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

“Chilling and thinking about things.”

 

I turn around to face him and wrap my arms around his waist.

 

“I was looking for you around and I didn’t thought that I will find you here” he stares at me with that y looks of his.

 

“Sorry” I lean my head on his chest and smell his scent – so Seunghyun.

 

“It’s alright” he says as he kisses my hair. “Come; let’s head back to our room.”

 

He holds out his hands and willingly, I intertwine mine to his. He lifts it up to his lips and kisses it. Cheesy bastard.

 

I suddenly remember the white rose on my right hand.

 

“I remember” I start and he glances at me “Did you give me this white rose?” I ask him as his brows up.

 

“No” he shakes his head and his brows meet up. “Where did you find this?”

 

“In the shady tree just a moment ago” I reply as we reach the hallway connecting the two buildings.

 

“Oh, maybe from your very eager fan boys?” he looks at me and I shrug.

 

Well, it’s not there thing to give me this kind of rose and with a BIG envelope. I just set aside that thought as we reach our room.

 

“Sorry, something urgent came up” Seunghyun smoothly lies. Our professor nods in understanding.

 

There’s no urgent thing came up but there is something weird that got my attention. Duh!

 

 

 

My fingers are so itchy to open the envelope at school but I control it very nicely. Since we’re already at home, the first thing I fish out of from my bag is the mysterious envelope. I tear it open excitedly only to find out pictures … AGAIN.

 

Is this some kind of a joke? If it is, it’s not really funny at all.

 

What’s inside is a picture of me at the hospital when Big Bang boys visited me – the first time I forgot Seunghyun. I think this was taken outside, since my face in here is in the side view part. A small part of my inside is happy for at least my face is not so close in here. Maybe this creepy stalker is somewhere across the hospital where I was admitted when he/she took this.

 

The second picture – yes, it is not only one but there are five pictures inside this envelope – is me and Seunghyun inside my apartment. Gaaah! It’s really creepy. How could this person know where am I every time?!

 

That is a stalker, Dara if I recall. The y subconscious snaps at me. Alright!

 

The third picture is me who was about to get inside Seunghyun’s car this morning. THE STALKER WAS HERE OUTSIDE THE MANSION!!

 

The thought drains the blood on my face. Holy cow!

 

The fourth and fifth picture is different from the other 3 since it’s taken by a Polaroid camera. It was taken when I was in the … shaded tree! The creep is really watching my every move. No way!

 

Wherever I am, the creep is following me. This is getting on my way now.

 

 

A knock on the door, jerks up my inside. Damn! I’m getting affected by this stalker.

 

I open the door and sees Seunghyun outside standing. When he sees me, his once relaxed expression turns panic and shock.

 

“Hey Darabbit, you look pale” he examines my face, my arms and my hands. “What happen?” he asks.

 

I didn’t know I’m still pale. I throw my arms around his neck and hug him tightly. Hot, scared tears fall from my eyes. Here goes my emotion.

 

Seunghyun rubs my back and guides me to my bed. “Baby, what’s bothering you?” he asks. I could hear his fear and worry in his voice.

 

I loosen my grip and look up at him, meeting his gaze and say, “The stalker is back again.”

 

With the mention of ‘stalker’ his body stiffens and his grip on me tightens. He’s afraid too!

 

“How?”

 

“The white rose and the envelope.” I answer as I wipe the tears threatening to fall in my eyes.

 

“Hang on a minute baby” he says and stands up, walking out of my room.

 

Where’s he going?

 

After a minute, he’s back. “Let me see the pictures.”

 

I hand him one by one the pictures I found inside the envelope. He is so quiet, but I know he’s raging inside now.

 

“The creep was there in the school’s backyard and outside your mansion” I try to break the silence. He looks at me and his features soften.

 

“Oh baby” he whispers as he hugs me once again. He cups both my cheeks and leans in, claiming my lips.

 

“We’ll find this creep and kick his , alright?”

 

I laugh and nod “Let’s kick him together.”

 

He chuckles and ruffles my hair.

 

I know, I’m back to danger once again and whatever I think, no one will come up into my mind of whose behind all this stalking. Even though we laugh it out, we both know that this is a serious matter.

___________________

Happy 2013 guys :)