Chapter 52

The Boy Next Door

 

Chapter 52 - Over

 

 

“Can you move your leg?” Doctor Shin asked Dara as soon as they finished bandaging her injury.

 

From the bed, she lifted up her injured leg and carefully placed her foot on the floor. “I can managed to move it Doc. I guess I can even walk with this.” She looked up at the doctor and smiled.

 

“Very good Miss Park” he wrote his observations on his pad and handed her the prescription of her maintenance. “Here is the list of your medicine Miss Park. Don’t forget to drink this once a day.”

 

“Yes doc.”

 

“But when the throbbing is still there, please contact me immediately, okay?”

 

“I understand. Thank you very much Doctor Shin.” Dara bowed at him and watched him go.

 

As soon as the doctor was out, she heaved a deep sigh and closed her eyes. She carefully lifted her legs again and laid it on the bed. “You did great Sandara” she mumbled as she laid her body on the bed, trying to get some sleep. “One down and the next is the psycho girl.”

 

“It’s finally over.”

 

She heard a voice inside her room and abruptly opened her eyes. “Seunghyun …”

 

His eyes screamed nervousness and angriness. TOP smiled at her and approached the bed. “Minhyuk is over, Minkyung is over too.” He dragged a chair and put on next to her bed.

 

Dara sat up and faced him. He sat on the chair and held her hands firmly. He looked at her from head to toe and his eye landed on her right upper arm, where a light cut was band-aided, and to her thigh, where a bandaged to plastered.

 

“I’m sorry” his voice croaked. He reached up for her face and caressed it. “I’m really, really sorry Dara.”

 

Dara closed her eyes and leaned her face between his hand and her shoulder. “I’m sorry to Hyunnie. I didn’t mean to accuse you with something like that.”

 

“You didn’t accuse me baby. What you said was true. She stills assume things about us. She even escaped from her parents’.”

 

She stared at him straight to the eyes, “Are you two finally over?”

 

TOP smiled and pecked her lips, “We are finally over. She won’t bother you and us anymore.”

 

“Lee Minhyuk is over too Hyunnie. My stalker is him after all.”

 

From the mention of Minhyuk’s name, Dara could feel TOP tensed. “Hey” she called out and touched his arm. “It’s finally over babe.”

 

TOP tried to calm down and opened his eyes. “Just thinking of what he did to you wants me to murder him” he said in his gritted teeth.

 

“He won’t get out in the jail this time babe. Well, I don’t know who bailed him out in the first place.”

 

“It’s his cousin who bailed him out baby” he said. “When he was captured with his group, his cousin continued the stalking. That cousin of him stole Mr. Lee’s money in the vault and used it to bail him out.”

 

“How did you know about this?”

 

“I just received an e-mail from my friend. Remember the time when you told us about your arrange marriage with a ‘Lee’?”

 

Dara nodded her head.

 

“This friend of mine was the one who did for me. He just knew a minute before I arrived in here and e-mailed me.” He smiled.

 

“I didn’t know you did that for me babe.”

 

“It’s because I love you Dara. I will do anything just for your safety.” He stood up and went to her side, hugging her.

 

“I love you too Hyunnie” she smiled and leaned her head on his chest. “Your friend did a great job. Can I meet him?”

 

“Why?”

 

“I want to thank him personally.”

 

“I already thank him Dara.”

 

“But I want too.”

 

“No.”

 

“Why?” she asked as she looked up at him.

 

“He’s a flirty guy and every girl will fall for him instantly. I don’t want you to be his victim” he said and looked away.

 

Dara bit her inner cheeks to stifle her smile and poke his cheeks. “You’re jealous, am I right?”

 

“I’m not. I’m just protecting you.”

 

“Oh, really?”

 

“Yes, really?”

 

Dara wanted him to admit that his jealous when other guys approach her or even talk to her but this guy beside her is a stubborn bastard. “What if I tell you that Minhyuk has seen my ies?”

 

TOP’s head snapped and turned to her, “Tell me you’re just joking Dara.”

 

“Oh, I’m not joking babe. Minhyuk had really seen my ies.”

 

He groaned and punched the foamy bed that made Dara jerked up. “I’m so gonna kill him right now!!”

 

He heard Dara giggled and raised his brows at her, “WHAT?”

 

“Babe, I’m just joking. He didn’t see my ies just my bra.”

 

“THE HELL OF HIM!!” He snarled and jumped out of the bed, heading for the door.

 

“Babe, where are you going?” her eyes widened and she abruptly stood up from the bed.

 

“I’m going to the ward and strangle his neck” his voice was scary and even Dara was scared too.

 

“Babe no … Ahhhrrrghhh!!” she screamed in pain when her injured thigh bumped on the metal frame of the bed. “Gosh! Gaaahh!” she continued screaming and held the bed for support. She could feel the veins and blood throbbing inside her thigh.

 

TOP eyes went wide and he immediately leaped to her side. “Baby, you okay?” He scooped her in his arms and laid her on the bed again. “, I’m so sorry baby.”

 

“Hyunnie … call the doctor” her face made some painful twist and turn.

 

 

 

“Miss Park, you should be very careful and try not to move this leg.” Doctor Shin informed her as soon as the nurse finished cleaning the blood that oozes out on her cut and putting bandaged around it.

 

“I’ll try my very best Doctor Shin. I’m really sorry for the trouble I’ve caused.” Dara bowed at him.

 

“Doc, could we just use a wheelchair for her?” TOP asked.

 

“Babe, I don’t like wheelchairs. I feel like old with that.” She protested.

 

“Don’t be stubborn babe” he said and turned to the doctor again, “How about it doc?”

 

“Wheelchair is the most effective way for her not to move around Mr. Choi and I agree with your suggestion.” Doctor Shin nodded.

 

“Oh please” she groaned in frustration.

 

“Wheelchair it is doc” he smiled and bowed “Thank you.”

__________________

/bows 90*/ I'm sorry if you find it boring. I just want to update this week earlier since I need to focus for my upcoming competition this Friday. I'm the representative of our school for the spelling bee and I need to win this. Please pray for me and my winning.

I just hope you like this update.

Do comment and subscribe.

Love you guys <3