Chapter 49

The Boy Next Door

 

Chapter 49 – Psychotic girl

 

 

Dara’s POV

 

It is Saturday today and I am here in a café drinking my stress reliever – coffee. Seunghyun send me here as he goes to their hideout for their weekend hangout. Saturdays are usually the day when Big Bang boys have a get together while ours is usually Friday nights.

 

I am settling near the floor-to-ceiling window of the café. I ordered my all-time favorite drink, the Chocolate Chip Frappucino. I am looking outside where people are busy passing by, some were running probably late with their work. The bells on the door chime indicating someone went inside. I tear my gaze outside and glance at the new costumer. She is in her floral dress and flats with a pink ribbon on her head.

 

She looks pretty.

 

The new costumer is scanning around the place, maybe looking for her date. After a beat, her eyes landed on mine.

 

Me?

 

She is looking at me intently and so I smile at her. Maybe she knows me!

 

Since she is the only one who went inside, her order is up quickly. She heads on my table and gives me a lopsided smile.

 

“Is this seat taken?” she asks.

 

“Nope” I reply. But on the back of mind, I am asking myself as to why she chooses the seat across mine when there are available tables around.

 

She smiles at me and I reply her with a smile.

 

“By the way I’m Minkyung” she offers her hand to me. I shake our hands and smile.

 

“I’m Dara.”

 

“I know you” she says as she sips her drink.

 

“Oh! Are you a fan of me?” I can’t help but ask.

 

“No, no I’m not your fan” she shakes her head vigorously.

 

“How did you know me?”

 

“I know you since you’re the girlfriend of TOP oppa” there’s a twinkle in her eyes that I can’t describe what.

 

She knows me because I am the girlfriend of Seunghyun? Wow, that’s a first! I thought everyone will know me because I am a model. Maybe I’m wrong. She calls him with oppa at the last. A friend maybe?

 

“Oh” I laugh, lousily. “How did you know Seunghyun? Are you a friend?”

 

“He was a friend of mine.”

 

Was?!

 

“Was? Did you two fought or something?” My curiosity is at peak.

 

“We’ve upgraded.” Her answers are so simple.

 

“Upgraded? I think you have me at disadvantage” I frown at her. She giggles at my expression. Right! I’m funny.

 

“You know Miss Park, he is my boyfriend or was my lover.”

 

WHAAATT?

 

“So you’re his ex” I nod at her. What does she want? Did she just sit across me just to rub it on my face that she’s his ex? Well I don’t care!

 

“No. I’m not his ex but I am still his lover” she gives me her all-teeth smile.

 

O-kay. I thought she says was, or was it all in my mind? But I heard her saying it!

 

“You know what Minkyung-ssi, if you just sit across me and ruined my moments here just to tell me that, I think you should go find another table or just leave here” I tell her. She’s a freak! An annoying freak!

 

She giggles and says, “I understand Miss Park. But before I’ll go, I need to tell you something or should I say warn you that we didn’t end our relationship like saying ‘We’re over’. Our relationship is still on hold” she laughs. “I’m going to get back oppa from you. I’ll steal him away from you. Even if it means to sacrifice everything, I’ll do it. It’ll also be easy because I have some cards to use in my hand.” She stands up and blows me a kiss.

 

PSYCHO!!

 

Miss psychotic-ex-girlfriend is so annoying. How come she knows I am here? Gosh! People and their stalking skills.

 

Wait.

 

What?

 

Stalking skills?

 

Damn! Is she my stalker? Or did she pay some random guy to stalk me? Gaaah! She’s creepy. Stalking people is bad okay?!

 

Minkyung, number one in my hunting list. I need to know who she is and if she’s my creepy stalker.

 

I didn’t finish my drink as I walk out of the café. Damn!

 

“I’m going to get back oppa from you. I’ll steal him away from you. Even if it means to sacrifice everything, I’ll do it.”

 

Who is she?

 

Who is she to Seunghyun?

 

Is she really the lover as she put the words on them?

 

This is frustrating. Even my daily caffeine mix can’t handle the frustration and exhaustion I feel today. I need to go home and think things over. I see a vacant cab coming and hail it.

 

If she’s right, Seunghyun really toy me for all this time. But if she’s wrong, then she’s a psychotic ex-girlfriend of him. Why didn’t I hear of her from him? Shouldn’t he tell me or warn me at least that he had a freak ex girl who keeps on running after him, so that at least I’ll be notified?

 

Damn!

 

Because of that girl, my day is ruined.

 

“...didn’t end our relationship like saying ‘We’re over’. Our relationship is still on hold”

 

“Ahhh” I rub my face with my hand.

 

“Miss, were here” the driver informs me. Oh!

 

I hand him the bills and head out. I rummage my purse for the keys of the gates but I can’t find any.

 

Where is it???

 

I press the doorbell instead.

 

“Who is it?”

 

“It’s me, Dara”

 

Hearing my name, the gate opens. “Good morning ma’am” the guard on duty greets me. I smile and nod at him.

 

When I am inside, I can smell cooked food courtesy in the kitchen. It’s almost 12 noon and our lunch is coming up.

 

I see the head of the household walking out from the kitchen and she stops when she sees me.

 

“Hi, can you please tell Seunghyun I wanted to see him when he arrives?” I ask.

 

“Of course Miss Park. Will that be all?”

 

I smile at her “Yes, thank you.”

 

She bows to me and walk to their room.

 

Seunghyun informed me earlier this morning that he’ll eat lunch in here, so maybe he’ll come any minute from now. I run upstairs to my room and change my clothes to comfortable one.

 

I fire up my laptop and start searching her name. If she’s his past girl, maybe I can find some of their pictures here in the net.

 

Yes, I see a picture of them together. An old photo taken 2 years ago; that was the time when Sandara Park is still with her parents. They smile fondly at each other. I feel a little pinch here inside my chest.

 

Is this how awful I am? Damn Dara, get a grip will you?

 

A knock on the door takes me back to reality. I close the program and the laptop simultaneously and turn around. I am expecting him to open it and indeed he does. He pokes his head in and smile.

 

The smile for me and the smile for her are way different.

 

DARA! My subconscious shouts at me. Okay, I’m overreacting.

 

“You want to see me?” he asks as he walks in closing the door behind him.

 

“Can we talk?”

________________________________________________

<3