Chapter 19

The Boy Next Door

 

Chapter 19: Dara got the LEAD!

 

 

 

The students were gathered in the Performing Arts Auditorium. Today is the audition day. Girls and boys had a separate audition so that it will end early. Hara became friend with Dara. They went to the auditorium together and sat and the middle part. Mr. Lee the director of the play went up to the stage with a clipboard in his hand.

 

“So” Mr. Lee cleared his throat “The audition will start now and I will call names in random.”

 

Mr. Lee started calling every student for their performance. Dara hoped she will not be the first. Either the middle or last part is okay with her. Hara was the next performer Mr. Lee called.

 

“Fighting Hara!” she cheered to her new found friend. Hara gave her a smiled and headed to the stage.

 

Everyone didn’t know that Hara is a good performer too; all they know is that she is their student’s council president who only has one asset – studying- just like what they see to Dara. As soon as Hara made her bow, she immediately ran back to her seat.

 

“You did great Hara!” Dara hugged her and do their friendships shake.

 

“Thanks, Dara.” She smiled at her.

 

Mr. Lee scanned his clipboard for the next student. As if on cue, the door to the theatre swung open. Hwang Miyoung posed at the door, and then strutted in.

 

“Hello everyone!” Miyoung called out. She clapped her hands together and said, “I’m ready for my audition!”

 

“This girl is so full of herself!” Dara mumbled as she saw Miyoung passing her.

 

Miyoung handed Mr. Lee an 8 x 10 glossy photograph and a resume. “My agent’s name is on the back,” she added.

 

Mr. Lee tossed the picture and the resume aside. “I was about to call you Hwang Miyoung,” he said “Why don’t you give Dan your music sheet and we’ll begin.”

 

Dara watched as the flirt a.k.a Miss Hollywood tossed Dan her music sheet. But instead of running up on stage, she began rolling her head and making noises like a walrus.

 

“MWA-AAAH! MWA-AAAH!”

 

“What is she auditioning for?” Dara asked “National Geographic?” she chuckled. Hara heard her and snickered “She’s so funny!”

 

“Miss Hwang, what on earth are you doing?” an irritated Mr. Lee asked.

 

“Warm exercises!” Miyoung said still rolling her head. “An actor must prepare, you know.”

 

 

“Well, prepare to leave in here if you don’t start right away!” Mr. Lee warned.

 

Dara heard Mr. Lee warning her. “Look at her!” she pointed Miyoung and laughed. Hara hi-fived her and joined her in laughing.

 

Miyoung’s head snapped back up. “I’m ready!”

 

“What part are you auditioning for?” Mr. Lee asked, looking down on his clipboard.

 

“Are you serious?!” Miyoung chuckled as she walked on the stage. “I’m auditioning for the lead! Kim McAfee!”

 

“Oh great!” Dara groaned and rolled her eyes. Miyoung motioned Dan to begin.

 

 

Dara and the others watched as the leader of the Queenkas began waving her arms in the air.

 

“As much as I hate to admit it, she’s good” Dara mumbled on her seat as Miyoung kept on singing. “You’re right” Hara sighed.

 

Although no one applauded except for her comrades – Queenkas- when Miyoung finished, she took a dramatic sweeping bow. Then she turned and gestured Dan. Surprised, Dan nodded at the audience. Looking pleased with herself, she took a seat in the row behind Dara and Hara.

 

Mr. Lee turned back to his notes. “And the next, we will hear from … Dara Park!”

 

“Go for it Dara!” Hara whispered and gave her a ‘fighting’ sign. She took a deep breath and stood up. Then she walked up to the stage and handed Dan her music.

 

“I suppose your auditioning for the Kim, too” Mr. Lee said with a little sigh.

 

Since the start of the audition, all girls were going for the lead well except for her and Hara and some other few students.

 

“No Mr. Lee,” Dara said “I’m auditioning for Rosie. Hit it Dan!”

 

The audience seemed like a blur as Dara stared into it. Even though she is already used of auditioning, still she could feel her heart pounding inside her rib cage. But when the music began to play, she forgot the butterflies in her stomach and began to sing. She smiled and strutted across the stage. She even sat on top of the piano and pretended to sing to Dan. Dara saw the Big Bang guys at the back near the door watching her in bewilderment. When the song was over, the audience went wild. She could Hara standing up and cheering. Big Bang did the same. Even Mr. Lee was smiling as he scribbled on his clipboard.

 

They like me!” Dara thought as she took a bow. “They really really like me!”

 

“Thank you, Dara. For the energetic little number” Mr. Lee said, still smiling.

 

Dara smiled. She grabbed her music and hurried back to her seat.

 

 

“You were a hit Dara!” Hara squealed.

 

“Thanks” Dara said. But from the corner of her eye, she could see Miyoung glaring at her.

 

What’s her problem?” She wandered. “After all, it’s not like we’re going for the same par.”

 

“Thank you everyone” Mr. Lee announced from the stage. “Since we are so pressed for the time, the cast list will go up outside the theatre promptly at five o’clock.

 

Dara glanced at her watch. It’s just one hour away before it’ll come up.

 

“Let’s stay in the vending machine to wait for the verdict. What you say, Hara?” Dara asked her as they went out of the theatre.

 

“Game!”

 

 

 

 

Big Bang boys were at the vending machine getting some drinks when they saw Dara coming to their way. She was about to back off but she don’t want to disappoint Hara plus she have her words. Her heart pounded inside her chest, the same as what she feel when she went up to the stage a while ago. She look anywhere but them. Hara dragged her excitedly to the machine.

 

“H-hi” Dara waved at them.

 

“Noona, you were so good there!” Daesung gave her two thumbs up. She nodded and smiled weakly at him.

 

“Dara noona, I miss you soooooo much!!” Seungri said as he hugged Dara tightly. She wanted to hug him tight too but force herself not, to prevent trouble.

 

“I miss you too. I miss you all” she said in a low voice and broke free from the hug.

 

“I’ll see you guys soon. Bye!” she dragged Hara away and left. But before they could be far from them Jiyong grabbed her free hand and dragged her.

 

“What-“

 

“Let’s talk. I need to ask you something” Jiyong firmly said “Excuse us for a moment” he told Hara who just nodded her head. He dragged Dara into the empty hallway and let go of her wrist.

 

“Why are you staying away from us?” he asked in a sad tone.

 

 

“I need to” she shortly answered.

 

“Why? The guys missed you. We missed you. It’s almost a week since you never talked to us” he said. She could feel the sadness in his voice and she is sorry for it.

 

“To prevent myself from trouble” she said in the verge of tears “Excuse me, I need to go” she passed by him but he held her wrist again.

 

“Where did you get that ring?” Jiyong asked her. She turned to face him and held her hand up “This ring?”

 

Jiyong nodded “Yeah. That ring”

 

“My childhood friend gave me this ring. Now, excuse me” she answered and finally walked off.

 

That ring is the same as the ring I gave to Ssantoki” Jiyong thought and watched Dara’s retreating back.

 

When she went out of the hallway she saw Tabi longingly watched her and also the boys. They wanted to talk to her but they were afraid. She didn’t took another seconds and walked passed them. Hara was waiting for her with a coke in her hands.

 

“Are you okay?” Hara worriedly asked.

 

“Yeah. I’m just nervous for the result” she lied. She doesn’t want her to ask more questions.

 

 

~~~~

 

 

One hour drift by swiftly. The students stumbled to see the result of the cast. Dara and Hara ran to the group. She pointed her finger to the list and scanned both their names. Her face fell when she saw that she didn’t got the part of Rosie. But she snatched the emotion away and went to Hara to congratulate her.

 

“Hara!! Congratulations! You’re one of the cast! I’m happy for you!” she hugged Hara and smiled at her.

 

“How about you? Did you get Rosie?” Hara asked but she shook her head.

 

“No. But at least I’m happy that you’re part of the play” she smiled at her. Hara went in to the crowd and looked for Dara’s name.

 

“Dara!! Look! Come over here!!!” Hara squealed in the crowd. Dara went in and looked at the name where Hara’s finger pointed. Kim McAfee!!

 

“I got the lead?”

 

“Yes. You got the lead Dara. Ohmeegosh! I’m so happy for you!!” Hara jumped happily as she hugged Dara.

 

 

“But I didn’t audition for Kim. There must be something wrong. I’ll talk to Mr. Lee” she said and left Hara. As much as she wants to get that part, she doesn’t want to be happy because that only means one thing – to be closed to the guys again.

 

Mr. Lee just came out from the theatre. Dara went straight to him and asked him “Mr. Lee, I think something is wrong. I didn’t audition for Kim but instead for Rosie.”

 

“There’s nothing wrong. Dara, you are very capable of Kim” he answered.

 

“But-“

 

“I know you’ll do great with it” Mr. Lee patted her shoulder.

 

“How about me Mr. Lee?” Miyoung suddenly asked in nowhere.

 

“Your piece was good. That’s why I make you Kim’s understudy” Mr. Lee smiled at her.

 

“That means, I need to pray that Dara will get sick so that I can act?” she asked in a dislike tone.

 

“I guess so.” Mr. Lee simply answered.

 

“I’ll do it then Mr. Lee” Dara said and smiled. She saw Miyoung glaring at her again. She smirked at her and left.

 

“Hara, let’s go watched the boys cast list” Dara told Hara as she nodded her head in excitement.

 

 

When they reach there they immediately scanned for the cast list.

 

“GD oppa as Hugo, Kim’s boyfriend, TOP oppa as Conrad, the idol! Ohmeegosh! The Big Bang boys got in the cast list!” Hara shrieked.

 

This is not good” Dara thought and shook her head.

__________________________________________

The longest chapter i write! Yoohoo! ♥♥♥ kkk :D

Dara got the lead. YeeHaw!

Hope you like it!

 

Comment.Subscribe ♥♥♥