Fatherly advice

The Boy Next Door

 

 

“Dara-yah, you need to marry the Lee’s son. How many times did I tell you that?” Dara’s father firmly told her at his room.

 

“No. I don’t want to” she retorted and leaves.

 

“SANDARA PARK!” Mr. Park’s voice echoed all throughout their mansion.

 

 

 

Dara walked to her room stomping her feet. She slammed the door hard enough for everybody to jerk up.

 

“This is crazy!” she angrily screamed and throw all the pillows on her bed.

 

“What’s wrong with you people? Huh!” she punches her bed, hard. “Why is it so hard for you to understand that I don’t want to marry that stranger?” she cried and buried her face on the only pillow left.

 

 

-Knock Knock-

 

 

“I’m not feeling well” she shouted inside.

 

“Dear, it’s mom” Mrs. Park cooed.

 

She stood up and composed herself. She walked to the door and opens it.

 

“Mom” she hugged her mom and cried on her shoulders.

 

“It’s okay dear. I understand you. Don’t worry about your father; I’ll take care of him” her mom patted her back “Shhh. Stop crying you’ll get ugly with that” her mom comforted her.

 

She chuckled “But you’ll still love me even if I get ugly right?”

 

Her mom nodded “Go freshen up yourself then have a rest. Don’t stress yourself too much with that.”

 

 

 

Dara woke up early. She took a bath then wore her very comfortable clothes-oversized shirt, short shorts and her nerdy glass. She made her way to the dining table and saw her father sitting at the other end of the table, reading a newspaper.

 

“Good morning dad” she kissed him on the cheeks. Her dad nodded and messes her hair.

 

“Ugh! Not my hair dad” she mumbled and fixed her hair back to its style. Her dad just laughed.

 

Their family is like this. They act like nothing bad happen the other day. Their maids serve their breakfast.

 

Her dad folded the newspaper and set it aside then talked “Dara-yah” she glanced at him “because you didn’t agree on what I said last night you will move out in here.”

 

“WHATTTTTT? I –cough-“ she choked on her food and was caught off guard on what she heard from her father.

 

“I will send you into an apartment. You will live their alone. Just think of it as a camping in your school. Let’s see if you find the real you and if you gain self-dependence. No buts no ifs. Understand?” when his father spoke the magical words “no buts no ifs” and the word “understand” no one will disagree.

 

She sighed and nodded “Yes … dad” then they continue on eating.