Chapter 43

The Boy Next Door

 

Chapter 43 – What happen?

 

 

 

An hour later, news woke up the people in Seoul.

 

Lee Minhyuk kidnapped Dara Park!”

 

Famous model and Park’s heiress Sandara Park was sent to the hospital in a critical condition after being kidnapped.”

 

The son of the famous Lee Corporation is a kidnapper.”

 

Choi Seunghyun, successor of the Choi’s company, together with his friends saved Dara from danger.”

 

Different headlines were on the TV screens. Fans of Dara were all anxious in their homes, waiting for further updates about her state. Her parents, most especially, were on their way to the hospital praying for their daughter’s safety. Everyone in the Park residence were all gathered up on the living room, all eyes focused on the TV.

 

When Sanghyun heard the news, he immediately got his car and drove to the said hospital, separate from their parents.

 

TOP on the other hand was on the bench sitting just outside the operating room, waiting. He kept on glancing once in a while at the door, expecting good news from the doctor. Dara was still inside unconscious with the doctors and nurses.

 

Please Dara, don’t leave me” tears escaped for the nth time on TOP’s cheeks at the thought “don’t leave us. Please, I’m begging you.”

 

“Son” Mr. Park called him as they arrived. TOP looked up with his teary eyes and stood up. He bowed down and wiped away the tears streaming down on his face.

 

“Mr. Park” he said and stood in front of him “I’m sorry.”

 

Mr. Park patted his shoulder and said, “It’s not your fault son. Please don’t apologize.”

 

“No Mr. Park. I didn’t protect her at the last minute. It’s my fault that she’s there” he pointed at the operating room and sobbed.

 

“But you saved her, son. It’s the best that you did to her” Mr. Park tried to convince and comfort him at the same time.

 

“Sanghyunnie” as soon as Sanghyun reached the floor he hugged her mom, who was crying.

 

“Umma” he rubbed her back to comfort her “Noona will be alright. I know her.”

 

“But –“

 

“Just trust her umma and everything will be fine” Sanghyun kissed his mother’s hair and squeezed her for a tighter hug.

 

Big Bang, Teen Top and 2ne1 huddled over at the bench just across TOP’s. They’ve been worried too, like them. It’s been 30 minutes since the operation started but neither one of the doctors nor the nurses came out and that made them more and more anxious.

 

 

TOP’s POV

 

 

Even though Mr. Park told me that it’s not my fault but I know that it is really my fault that she’s there inside that freaking operating room. If I have saved here beforehand then at least I saved here from the very beginning until the end. If I have just been alert in Minhyuk’s next move then everything will be alright. No one would be so anxious and worried and most especially Dara won’t be in that operating room struggling and fighting to live.

 

I just can’t imagine life without her by my side. She’s all my being. She’s my Dara and she is my sunshine. Me without her is like being in a comatose. You’re alive but at the same time you’re dead.

 

Although it is selfish for me to ask this to her but please Dara don’t lose your breathe. Fight with all your might, after all you are Sandara Park, the best fighter in 2ne1 gang, right? Just please keep breathing and don’t give up, there are still people in here needing you. Your parents, your brother, 2ne1, Teen Top, Big Bang, your fans and especially me.

 

My head snapped up as I hear the operating room’s door opened. The doctor in-charge went out with his team. I stood up immediately and ran in front of him.

 

Please let it be good, I keep on chanting on myself. I started to feel nervous and scared at the same time. He looked around at the people behind me then at me. He sighed and smiled “She’s stable.”

 

As the words registers in my mind I heard everyone sighed in relief. I even heard Mrs. Park sobbed in her husband’s shoulder. She’s happy. They’re happy and I am happy too.

 

“Thank you doc” Sanghyun managed to thank the doctor as everyone celebrated their own joy at the news. The doctor and his team bowed and left.

 

Dara is alive. Everything will be fine. All of us will be happy with her. I can feel my heart beating normal again.

 

“Thank you hyung” someone said behind me. I turned around and saw Sanghyun smiling at me “Thank you for saving my noona.” He hugged me and patted my back.

 

“It’s nothing Sanghyun. We only did what we supposed to do” I replied and returned his pat.

 

One last squeezed and he broke free. He glance me up and down and said, “Hyung, did you already clean your bruises and cuts?”

 

“Oh” I examined my arm and saw the bruises and when I touched my lips and other part of my face I can feel the pain “Later” I smiled at him.

 

“Hyung, you should do it now. Dara noona won’t be happy seeing you like that.”

 

“Arraseo Park Sanghyun” I chuckled and ruffled his hair.

 

I walked to where Mr. and Mrs. Park hugged and talked.

 

“Mr. Park, Mrs. Park” I called their attention both.

 

They turn around and as soon as they find out that it is me they smiled warmly.

 

“Oh Seunghyun!”

 

“I’ll just excuse myself sir” I said and raised my bruised arm “I’ll just go and clean this up.”

 

“Omo! You’re face too sweetie” Mrs. Park cooed and carefully examined my face “Is it painful?” she asked me.

 

“It stings a little bit” I replied and chuckled.

 

“Oh, you should go to the nurse quickly” she talked and cared me like my mom.

 

“Neh Mrs. Park and if Dara will be transferred to her room just let them inform me.”

 

“Of course son, of course” Mr. Park smiled and patted my shoulder “Go and clean your cuts.”

 

I nodded and bowed at them.

 

 

My cuts were all clean now and my bruises were all applied by some ointments the nurse had given me. Someone from our household keepers brought me something to change. I received a text message from Jiyong that Dara’s been transferred already at room 215 and said that she regained her consciousness too.

 

I quickly changed into the new clothes brought and ran to the room said.

 

Dara’s already awake. How many hours did the nurse clean my cuts?

 

It didn’t even reached 1 hour but she’s awake now.

 

Smiling at the thought, I ran up to the staircase not wanting to use the elevator.

 

That’s my Dara.

 

I reached the room in no time and before I turned the knob, I took a deep breath, and then open it. Everyone was so noisy. They were all gathered in Dara’s bed. I can’t see her, even a single strand of her hair. I looked around and found out that her parents were not here anymore. Did they go home already? Maybe. Since it’s already midnight and they need to sleep for their appointments tomorrow, just like my parents.

 

Ricky saw me and said in a not-much-louder voice of his, “Hyung!”

 

Everyone stopped and turned around. I closed the door finally and walked to her bed. They step aside to let me have some enough space to walk to her.

 

She was sitting with her legs crossed. She wore the hospital dress and she still looked gorgeous. I smiled at her and stopped midway.

 

“Darabbit” I said “Are you feeling better?”

 

She didn’t answer me but instead she just stare at me for a minute, her brows met and nose wrinkled.

 

Then she turned to Jiyong “Who’s he?” she pointed at me.

 

My world seemed to stop at the instant. No. It can’t be. She can’t forget me, right? She didn’t have amnesia, right? Different thoughts ran through my mind. Everything inside me started working up abnormally especially my heart.

 

Silence.

 

“Ssantoki, don’t you know him?” Jiyong asked and worriedly glance at me then back at her.

 

She squinted her eyes and stared back at me then shook her head “Do I?”

 

I stood frozen on my spot. I felt my throat drying up and I can hardly swallow. My heart started to hammer my chest so hard.

 

Everyone in the room looked at her then back at me and then silence. No one can even speak.

 

“You don’t know him for real Dara?” Jiyong asked again. Before she could answer he asked another question “Do you know me?” he pointed at himself.

 

She nodded before answering “Jiyong.”

 

“Him?” he pointed at CAP.

 

“CAP.”

 

One by one Jiyong pointed the people present in the room and one by one she answered him correctly but me.

 

“Him?” he pointed me again.

 

She tilted her head and then shook her head.

 

No, this can’t be happening. Of all the people, why me? Why is it me that she needed to forget? Why?

 

It is too much for me to handle my emotions right now. I needed space. I needed air. I needed somewhere.

 

“Excuse me” I opened the door and ran as fast as I can out in this hospital. I don’t care if I bump in to people. I don’t care if I die right here right now. I don’t care if some stupid bus hit me. I just don’t care. All I care is for her to remember me.

 

If she had an amnesia she will supposedly lost her memory but how come she forgot all our memories in here heart? The love. Me. Us. Our relationship.

 

What happen?

 

To us? To TOP and Dara?

______________________________________