Chapter 23

The Boy Next Door

 

Chapter 23: The play. The kiss. The unexpected kiss and the announcement.

 

 

Big Bang hangs out in Dara’s apartment. She let them go home but they would insist that they would stay in her side.

 

“Guys, I’m okay. You need to go home, your parents will kill me” she said as she smiled.

 

“No one’s leaving in here ssantoki not until you sleep” Jiyong said as the other members nodded their head.

 

“I insist. You need to go home. Tomorrow’s the play and I don’t want you to look like a monster. Come on, do it for me. If you’re worrying about me, I can call the boy next door for any help. I’m sure he’s ready to help, right?” she said but the latter is addressed for Seunghyun who keeps on nodding his head.

 

“Wait, what?” he suddenly blurted with his brows scrunched.

 

“You heard me” Dara said then smiled at the boys.

 

“I’m not your babysitter” Tabi reasoned.

 

“I know how worried you are when you heard I was hurt, don’t deny it mister” she said as she turned to Seunghyun and grinned.

“Come on guys. Please?” she asked the boys.

 

Soon they surrendered and one by one they stood up.

 

“Take care Dara-noona” Seungri said.

 

“Good night Sandy” Taeyang said as he kissed her forehead.

 

“Hey! That’s my pet name for her. Stealer!” Tabi squinted his eyes at Sol. The latter just shrugged then headed to the door.

 

“Sweet dreams noona” said Daesung as he walked to the two boys ahead.

 

“Ssantoki, get well soon okay? Good night. I love you” Jiyong kissed her on the cheeks then left. Dara nodded at him and smiled.

 

“Drive safely boys!!” Dara shouted at them as she watched their retreating back.

 

Tabi stood up and walked out in Dara’s room.

 

“Where are you going mister?” Dara asked him.

 

Tabi turned back at her and said “To my apartment. Where else?”

 

“We still need to practice, if you don’t know” she said as she raised one of her brows.

 

Tabi's face lit up and grinned evilly “My lips is always ready to practice babe.”

 

 

“What? Yah! Choi Seunghyun!! You erted guy. I didn’t mean the kissing scene. The others parts okay?” she pointed at him and heaved a sigh.

 

“Don’t be shy Dara. I know you have the hots for me. You even kissed me in here and you kissed me back during the rehearsal yesterday. Tsssk. Naughty girl” Tabi chuckled as he shook his head.

 

“Omigosh! You’re so full of yourself Seunghyun. My head hurts because of you. I admit I kissed you but I didn’t kissed you back yesterday, fool” she said as she rubbed her temples. She looked at him with her playful eyes “Let’s see who have the hots” she smirked and covered herself with the blanket.

 

“I’m going to sleep. Good night” she said under the blanket.

 

“I thought we’re going to practice” he said as he sat at the edge of the bed.

 

“Oh never mind. I’m tired and you go to sleep now I don’t want the big boy of Big Bang to be tired and look like a monster tomorrow” she said as she poked her head out and smiled.

 

“Okay then” with that Tabi stood up and went back to his apartment.

 

 

 

~~~~

 

 

 

The play went smoothly. As far as it goes there were still no troubles. No wardrobe malfunctions. No lines were forgotten. So far so good.

 

Finally, the scene which everyone awaited for was up any seconds now. Dara was on her own wardrobe putting on her attire. She was her own stylist.

 

“Ready for the last scene!” the student assigned for the curtain called out.

 

Dara checked herself on the mirror for the last time then headed to the stage. Tabi walked over in his tight gold jumpsuit.

 

“Good Luck!” Tabi whispered as the curtain rose.

 

Dara tried not to look at the audience. But she could feel the hundreds of eyes planted right on her. She could even see her parents smiling at her. Jiyong’s parents seated beside hers. Mr. Choi was right beside Mr. Lee in the front row and she could guess that it is Seunghyun’s mother sitting beside his father.

 

After Jeremy – her schoolmate – said his line, Tabi began to sing.

 

 

“One last kiss . . . “

 

When Tabi gave his guitar one final strum, Dara saw Mr. Lee signaling her from the audience. She cleared and threw back her shoulders.

 

“On behalf of all the members of the Sweet Apple Conrad Birdie Fan Club,” Dara said. “We wish to express our deep pride in your brave deed.”

 

Tabi handed his guitar to Jeremy. Then he leaned over and locked lips with Dara. Before, she was freaking out about this scene but now it will be over. She kissed him with passion. The audience was in awe. Miyoung was on the second row behind Mr. Lee looking at them with disgust. Jiyong with the character of Hugo her boyfriend came to break it up but Tabi wouldn’t budge.

 

“Cut it, will you” Jiyong hissed, making sure no one will hear it except them.

 

Tabi let go and Dara stumbled back to Jiyong’s arm. She smirked and looked at Tabi with amusement. Tabi’s eyes widened and his mouth hung open.

 

“She’s my girl dude” Jiyong said, even though it’s not on the script. Mr. Lee panicked but the dean assured him that it is okay. He relaxed back and watched the ‘additional’ acting.

 

Tabi blinked. He didn’t know that Jiyong will add another scene so he stood there still but he didn’t care. He was lost in his own world. Dara and him kissing like it’s only them in the stage with no eyes staring at them.

 

He stopped his trance when he saw Jiyong grabbing Dara and crushed his lips to hers.

 

Did he just kiss her?” He could see Dara closing her eyes like she’s enjoying Jiyong’s kiss.

 

“She’s mine. You’re not allowed to kiss her nor touch her” With that Jiyong and Dara left the stage with their hands intertwined with each other. They could hear the audience cheered. There was a standing ovation happened at the Performing Arts Theatre. Then the curtain went down.

 

 

Meanwhile at the back stage:

 

“Dragon. What was that?” Dara asked Jiyong as they retouched their attire.

 

“What was what?” Jiyong asked back at her.

 

“Aigooo~ Why did you kiss me?” she sighed and sat on the couch.

 

“Why did you kiss me back?” he asked her as he sat beside her leaning his head on her shoulder.

 

“Aysssi! We’re just asking each other and no one answers” Dara said as she lean her head on his head.

 

“I kissed you because I missed your lips” he said out of the blue.

 

 

“Whaaat?” Dara stood up and faced him.

 

“You heard me ssantoki. No need for me to repeat it” he said as he stood up and patted her head. He smiled at her “Hey, You still need to sing the most important song.”

 

“Yeah right!” Dara said and ran back to the stage.

 

 

Tabi heard them talking accidentally.

 

Jiyong kissed her because he missed her lips but I kissed her because it is part of our play. Big Difference you say.”

 

I wonder if they really are best friends or past lover.”

 

 

“Hyung!” Jiyong saw him and called.

 

“Great acting Jiyong” he smiled.

 

“You too hyung. That was a hell of a great scene!” he smiled. “What can you say about ssantoki’s lips?” Jiyong asked him teasingly.

 

“Her lips? So sweet and most of all very convincing!” he laughed.

 

“I know right?” Jiyong joined him in laughing. “That’s why I kissed her a while ago because I missed those pinkish lips.”

 

“You’re so naughty” Tabi smacked his head “But I’m more expert in that” he chuckled.

 

 

The student who was assigned in the curtain called them.

 

“Come on hyung, time for the bow” Jiyong said as they stood up and headed to the stage.

 

 

The main characters were the last one to give their gratitude and their final bow. Jiyong was the first of them three. He thanked his fellow students, the visitors present and to his parents. Seunghyun came second. He did the same as Jiyong. Dara held the final place.

 

“I want to thank all the visitors in here. To my fellow students. Teachers. To our very important persons Mr. and Mrs. Choi, auntie and uncle – Mr. and Mrs. Kwon. To my beloved parents there in front row Mr. and Mrs. Park. To Mr. Lee of course, our beloved director. Thank you so much” she smiled and bowed at them.

 

 

“I would like to take this chance to announce something. It’s not really important but I just want tell it to the whole university” she paused and looked at the Big Bang boys then at Seunghyun.

 

“I am known here as Dara Park the nerdy girl but outside this school I am well known as Sandara Park. The daughter of the Park Industries. One of the most famous models in Seoul. Nice to meet you schoolmates!” she said as she untie her bun and take off her nerdy glasses. Then she smiled widely at them.

 

Her classmates’ mouths were wide open. The Queenkas were in deep of shock! Miyoung, fell down on her seat. Hara was in terrible shock. Everyone was shock, well except for her parents, Jiyong’s and Seunghyun’s. Big Bang went beside her and slung their arms on their shoulders. The curtain went down and Dara went immediately to Hara.

 

“Hi. I’m Sandara, nice to meet you Hara” she jokingly stuck her hand out. Hara looked at her from top to bottom.

 

“Hara~” she whined “It’s still me, Dara. I’m still your friend” she tapped her shoulder.

 

“I – I can’t believe my eyes. I’m friend with the famous Sandara Park” she squealed and hugged Dara.

 

“Yeah and I am very grateful that I am friend with the Student’s Council President” she hugged her back.

 

“Eung. What’s with that ‘Student’s Council President’? I’m far from you, ya know” Hara hit her playfully.

 

They laughed and Dara slung her arms to Hara’s.

 

“I still have something to tell you” Dara said.

 

“What is it?”

 

“I’m part of the famous 2ne1 gang.”

 

“Whhaaaaaaat?” Hara shouted.

 

“Shhh. Shut your mouth Hara. No one supposed to know this except you and the boys” she shushed her.

 

“Ohmigosh Dara. I can’t believe it” Hara said as she looked at her.

 

“But we’re still friends, right?” Dara asked her with her puppy eyes.

 

“Of course! You’re my closest in here. Why would I reject you?” Hara smiled.

 

They saw the boys waiting for them.

 

“What took you so long girls?” Jiyong asked.

 

“We had some little girl talk dragon!” Dara answered as she winked at Hara. Hara just smiled and nodded.

 

 

“We’re going to eat outside, come on!” Jiyong dragged Dara and Hara outside.

 

“Hold up! We still need to change” Dara said and yanked her hands.

 

“Do it faster. We’ll wait for you in the car” Jiyong said and closed the door.

 

 

Dara and Hara walked side by side laughing together to the parking lot where the car was waiting for them when they saw the Queenkas loitering in the hallway. The es saw them and the immediately shut their mouth and looked down. Dara smiled in victory and in satisfaction.

 

“Congratulations on the musical play” Dara said as they passed them. Hara laughed and stuck her tongue to them.

 

“Omygosh! The famous Sandara Park congratulates us!” the other Queenkas spazzed.

 

“Traitor!” Miyoung told them and they shut up.

 

Dara heard them and smirked. “Serves them right.”

__________________________________________

Woohoo! Yay for me! Haha lmaoo xD. Dara's revelation. Woo! Seunghyun's kiss! Jiyong's kiss! Boom Shakalaka!!! Miyoung expression. Hahaha Fuuu~ :D

 

Did you guys see the MONSTER MV? Oh my goshhh! It's ksadhosaen;lcjnwerlweiduopsax,cmnc. I keep on replaying it! Tabi is so freaking gorgeous. Jiyong's hair! Mygawwwd. The mushroom style is epic but the red little devil style is awesome! Taeyang's Mickey Mouse hair. Weee~ Seungri's spiked hair. And Daesung's abs, again! These boys never fail to amuse the fans! Woo Go Big Bang! Fighting!

 

I just want to share you some of my tumblr photos which i screen cap personally :)

and that's the end of my epic fail screen cap!

 

 

Taeyang's Twitter update about his hair :3

 

Hahaha xD (c)