Chapter 46

The Boy Next Door

 

Chapter 46 – Back Home

 

 

 

“You” she answered.

 

His breathing abruptly hardened. His heart beats erratically. He wanted to cry but decided not. His hands were slightly shaking when he tug her and pulled her into his arms.

 

“Oh Dara” he breathed. “You don’t know how happy I am when you remember even the slightest thing about me.”

 

She softened and wrapped her arms around him. “I told you I won’t give up Hyunnie. I will do my best to remember you.”

 

He nodded and kissed her hair.

 

“Come” he offered his hand to her. Willingly, she laced hers to his and they started walking up to her apartment.

 

They were settled down on the floor, watching some movie flicks. She was playing tam-tam with her fingers.

 

“Did you know that this is my favorite toy, Hyunnie?” she asked glancing up at him.

 

He looked down at her and nodded “That alien is yours and Jiyong’s child” he grimaced at the mention of child.

 

She clutched the toy in her chest and frown “Hey, this is not an alien.”

 

“Because that’s your child.”

 

“Someone is jelly~” she sang and giggled.

 

“I’m not.”

 

“Oh yes you are~ Admit it Hyunnie” she poked his side.

 

He chuckled and shook his head “I’m not jealous about that alien being a child because I am jealous to the fact that, that toy is always in your chest” he pouted.

 

“Oh Mr. Choi, don’t use your cute side on me. It won’t work for me” she laughed heartily. Her laugh was infectious and so he found himself laughing with her too.

 

“You know Miss Park, your giggle and laugh is the nicest music I had ever heard” he smiled sweetly at her.

 

“Whatever Mr. Choi.”

 

They went back on watching the flick and decided to be silent. Once in a while, he glances at her and smiled idiotically.

 

“Stop looking at me, it’s creepy Mr. Choi” she mumbled as her eyes were glued on the T.V.

 

He chuckled and shifted his position closer to her. “I love you Dara” then he kissed her temple.

 

 

 

_____

 

 

 

“Is your parents at home?” she asked and looked at him. He glanced at her then back to the road and nodded.

 

“Yeah, they’re home. Why?”

 

“I’m nervous.”

 

“Why would you?”

 

The traffic light signaled for a stop. He took the chance to look at her.

 

“I don’t know what will be their reaction when they see me. I’m afraid they’ll be angry to me for not remembering their son, remembering you” she looked down at her knotted fingers.

 

He reached for her chin and tilted it up, letting her face him. When she met his eyes, he caressed her face and his expression softened. He doesn’t like seeing her sad, it made him sad too.

 

“They’ll be happy to see you Darabbit. Don’t be afraid, okay? I’m here for you, always.”

 

She smiled and nodded.

 

“That’s my girl” he ruffled her hair. She pouted and arrange her disarray her.

 

He laughed “Come here.”

 

She unbuckled her seatbelt and scrambled to his lap, throwing her arms on his neck. “Thank you Hyunnie, very, very much.”

 

“Always baby” he rubbed her back.

 

Both of them jumped when they hear a honk outside.

 

“Oops!” she giggled.

 

He pecked her forehead. “There some mad ahjussi at the back babe.”

 

“Yes, there is Hyunnie” she laughed as she went back to her seat and buckled her seatbelt again.

 

 

 

As they enter inside, Mrs. Choi welcomed them with a warm smile.

 

“Son” she hugged him and turned to Dara. “Oh, Dara ~ Welcome home baby” with her eyes welled up with tears, she hugged Dara longingly.

 

Seunghyun watched the interaction with the two women he loved so much. A smile crept up to his lips.

 

Dara hugged Mrs. Choi back, “It’s nice to be back home Mrs. Choi.” She rubbed her back and assured her that she’s already fine.

 

They broke off and stand in an arm’s length. Mrs. Choi was holding her in her shoulders “Does this mean that you’ll stay here again, sweetie?” she asked with hopeful eyes.

 

Dara held both Mrs. Choi’s hands “Yes Mrs. Choi. I love being in here” she smiled sweetly at her.

 

“Call me umma, dear. I feel old with ‘Mrs. Choi’” she joked.

 

“Yes, umma.”

 

He cleared his throat and both women turned to look at him. “Eommonim, can I have my girl back?”

 

“You’re so selfish Choi Seunghyun!” his mom frowned.

 

“Mom!”

 

“I know, I know” she threw her hands up in defeat. “Dara, sweetie, just go with that selfish boy alright?”

 

“Umma!” he pouted.

 

“Shush Seunghyun!” his mom scolded him and her attention is back to Dara again. “I’ll just prepare us foods, okay?”

 

“Yes, umma. See you later” she kissed Mrs. Choi’s cheeks and walked to the pouting Seunghyun.

 

They were standing side by side and no one dared to take a step. Dara blinked at him and he was staring back at her with his pouty lips glued to his lips.

 

“Hey” she called him and snapped a finger in front of his face. He sighed and continued on staring at her.

 

“You okay?” she asked worriedly.

 

He smiled reassuringly “Better than okay baby.”

 

“Then why are you sulking?”

 

“It’s just that, I miss you too much. More than my mom did.”

 

“Because you miss me too much that’s why you’re sulking?” she asked confused.

 

“I’m not really sulking. I’m happy baby, now that you’re back in here.”

 

“I’m confuzled, Hyunnie” she frowned at him.

 

He raised a brow “Confuzled?”

 

“Yes. Confuse and puzzled, confuzled.”

 

He shook his head and offered his hand “Come, we’ll go to your room.”

 

 

 

 

“You know, I miss this place so much” she said as they were lying in her bed staring at the ceiling.

 

“I know babe. But don’t you miss me too?” he asked.

 

“Oh, I miss you. More than you think you do” she answered and smiled.

 

“Really?” his eyes lit up.

 

“Yes, really.”

 

“I was really wondering if you do have amnesia or not. You’re just the same as the old Dara before, minus the fact that you don’t remember me.”

 

“I was wondering too Hyunnie” she nodded slightly and faced him. His brows scrunched and she continued “You know, I feel like I’m still the same, like what you said but this amnesia I have, I don’t know if this exist or not. It’s so rare that I feel like I was just having a nightmare about all of this; but I know this is true and that I am not dreaming, that I really have amnesia.”

 

He scooted her closer to his body and ran his fingers on her hair “Don’t pressure yourself babe. Sooner or later, you’ll remember me, us and all of it.”

 

She rested her head on his chest and smiled “I know I will Hyunnie. Thank you for trusting me and for your patience to me. I feel honored.”

 

“You’re most welcome Darabbit.”

 

“You know, I’ve been seeing the same scene in my dreams during my sleep. It’s too blurry that I can’t keep up where is that place and who am I with” she said and sat up, still facing him.

 

“Oh?” he sat up too and faced her.

 

“Yes. But let’s not talk about that scene, I just hope I can dream of that again tonight and can see it clearly now” she paused and continued “There’s one thing I want to do right now Hyunnie.”

 

“What is it Darabbit? I’m intrigued” he grinned from ear to ear and his eyes were twinkling.

 

She pursed her lips “This is what I want to do, badly.” She the collar of his polo and pulled him closer to her. She smiled and ran her fingers to his hair. Both of their noses touched already, they could feel each other’s breath. “Do you know what I want to do now?” she whispered as she held her hands in place in his nape. He grinned and nodded. Then she leaned in, claiming his lips with hers.

 

He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer, making her sat in his lap.

 

Then, there came a knock on the door. “Lovelies, the foods are ready” Mrs. Choi called out.

 

Tabi groaned and pulled back. “What a great timing” he said and rested his forehead on hers. Dara giggled and pecked his lips once more.

 

“Now we’re going down baby boy” she laughed and jumped out of bed but before she opened the door she turned around to him “It’s nice to be back ‘home’ Hyunnie” she smirked and puckered her lips at him then she headed downstairs.

 

“Oh Sandara Park, what did you do to me?”

_____________________________________________

Hi ;)