Chapter 37

The Boy Next Door

 

Chapter 37 – Rumor has it

 

Dara’s POV

 

I am already at my room; well it’s the guest room of Seunghyun’s house, from that not-so-stress-y school. It’s been a long day. Miyoung blocking my way always, when Seunghyun is not around of course. She’s afraid that her head will be ripped off. That freaky flirty girl. I haven’t seen the Big Bang boys since this afternoon. Maybe they ditched class.

I saw Tam-Tam on my bed when I changed into comfortable clothes.

“Hi tammie” I kissed it’s forehead and went out of my room. I headed downstairs to the kitchen to find some food. I saw one of the maids in there cooking.

“Good afternoon, Miss Dara” she smiled at me.

“Good afternoon unnie” I smiled back at her then went to the fridge.

“I’m sorry miss but we haven’t went to the grocery to buy foods” the maid bowed apologetically.

“Ah, no it’s okay” I assured her “Do you have ramen then?”

“Yes miss. I’ll get it for you” she opens the cupboard and got a ramen then cook it.

“Thank you unnie.”

“No need to thank me miss.”

As soon as the ramen was cooked, I brought it to my room and decided to eat there. I don’t want Seunghyun to see me eating a not-so-healthy food. He will surely have a 1 hour talking about healthy foods and etcetera etcetera.

I got my laptop and scan the most latest news. Then my eyes stopped midway. There’s this particular news that left my mouth hanging and my body tremble in shock.

 

“Park’s heiress to be marrying Lee’s son?”

That’s the heading of the news. Well sort of a rumor news. It couldn’t be me right? There are some other girls whose last name is the same as mine, right? This is just a coincidence, right?

To confirm it, I started scrolling down.

“ … it has been reported that Park’s heiress, the most famous fashion model in South Korea, Sandara Park will be marrying Minhyuk Lee, son of business tycoon from Lee Company …”

So this is really me. Below the news there’s an attached photo of me and Minhyuk. I know who is this ‘Lee’ guy thanks to this ‘rumor’. That freaky monster who slapped me right in my cheeks. Minhyuk from BTOB.

Did everyone know this? Or I am the only one who doesn’t know until I read this?

I tried to read the netizens’ comments

“I guess this is not true. Dara is not dating this guy. I’ve been her fan since then.”

“I just heard a news that she’s together with Choi’s heir.”

“This can’t be true.”

Of course my fans would react to this.

As my mind registers it, something flickers in my mind like asking me who is responsible in making this stupid rumor. Scratch that. Stupid news. I should have known this would come. I should have made my move before something worst can be done.

I lost my appetite after I read the news. I put the bowl of ramen aside and curl up my knees to my chest.

“Tam-tammie, otteohke?” I glanced at tam-tam’s side.

“Am I really going to marry that guy?”

 

Knock Knock

I composed my voice before I ask “Who’s there?”

“Miss Dara, Sir Seunghyun called you. The food is ready” the maid replied.

“Tell him I’m coming down.”

 

Did he know about this already? Did Big Bang boys know this? No need to ask about my parents, I’m sure they already know this.

It was like my soul has left somewhere peaceful and made me walk lifelessly. I saw Seunghyun on the table already. He noticed me and flashed his smile at me. I smiled back at him and sat across him.

“I’m sorry I wasn’t able to drive you home” he said and looked at me.

“No it’s okay. I managed to get home safely” I assured him. Of course I was safe when I arrived but now I feel like danger is coming to me just 10 minutes ago.

“Are you okay, Darabbit?” he furrowed his brows at me when he noticed my anxiousness.

“Sort of” I told him and meet his gaze.

“Something wrong?”

I shook my head. I guess he hadn’t read the news yet. I don’t want to worry him or the other boys.

“Tell me. Come on” now he stood up and went to my side cupping my face to let me face him.

I hesitated to tell him but I should do it since I was on his roof living for the mean time.

“Did you saw?”

“What? Something happened to you when you’re on your way home? Did you saw the BTOB guys?” he asked irrelevant questions.

I shook my head again.

“Then what is it? Tell me Darabbit. I’m listening. It’ll be okay.”

It won’t be okay. I know it. It won’t be okay. No one can stop it. I’m going to … marry him.

I heaved a sigh before I start talking “The news. It’s about me and … him.”

My voice trailed off at the last part.

“Him?” Seunghyun asked. Confusion was clear on his voice. He knelt down to level with me.

“Lee Minhyuk” when I said the name his eyes rounded.

“There’s this news I saw on the internet about my marriage with him” I continued but I can feel my voice cracking up.

I looked down. I don’t want to meet his eyes. I don’t want him see me crying.

Then I feel his arms around my shoulder.

“Shhh. It’s okay. I’ll take care of it” he comforted me.

“No” I disagreed with him “You can’t do anything with it Hyunnie.”

“Trust me hun, I will take care of it” he cupped my face and wiped the tears flowing on my cheeks. “Stop crying.”

I can’t argue with him anymore and so I nodded my head. I know and I feel it that it can’t be helped. No one can stop it. I’m really marrying that bastard.

“Now let’s eat then after let me see the news okay?” He smiled at kissed my forehead

“Okay” Now I smiled at him.

 

 

As soon as the two of us were done eating he grabbed my hand and dragged me to my room. My laptop was still open so he saw it immediately.

His brows furrowed in anger as he saw the headline. I’m observing his reaction when he read the content.

He punched tam-tam sitting on the side that made me jump.

“Seunghyun!” I protested and cuddle tam-tam to my chest.

“Sorry babe. I just can’t help” he smiled apologetically.

“Punch my baby, again I’ll swear I’m going to break your jaw” I threatened him and hug tam-tammie tighter.

“Unfair” he pouted.

“Oh please. No aegyo” I rolled my eyes.

He laughed and tossed my laptop aside. I swear I’m going to let him buy a new one if there’s a slight scratch on my gadget. Then he closed our gap and circled his arm on my waist.

“I’m sorry tam-tam” he kissed my toy in its face “I’m sorry baby” then he kissed me.

I frowned. He saw my expression and grinned evilly. He aimed for my lips again but I pushed his face to the bed. It was my turn now to laugh.

He got held of my arm and yanked me beside me.

“I love you Dara” he whispered.

“Mmm” I nodded. I wasn’t sure about my feelings for him yet so better off with that word first.

________________________________