Chapter 44

The Boy Next Door

 

Chapter 44 – Begin Again

 

 

 

Dara’s POV

 

 

It was another morning yet I am still here in the hospital. I scanned around the room and saw the guy form yesterday sleeping on the couch. But his hair is no more turquoise instead it is all black now.

 

Did he get a new haircut right after he ran away yesterday?

 

Darabbit, are you feeling better?”

 

His question replayed back on my mind. Who’s he really? Why was everyone got shocked when I didn’t guess his name? Is he that important to me?

 

I found my hand holding the bandaged around my head. Did … by any chance, I got amnesia?

 

Or somewhat the same as that word? If I do, why is it only him I managed to forget?

 

Dara, think! You need to think back the memories of this guy. Everything!

 

I saw him shifting his position and slowly opening his eyes. He saw me and immediately he went to my side, sitting on the chair beside my bed.

 

“You’re awake now” he said in the husky voice of his.

 

I keep my stare at his features and nodded, “Yeah.”

 

He yawned and ruffled his own hair. I was bit amazed at how his finger ran gracefully in his hair. I felt my hand moving its way to his hair, touching it.

 

It was so soft really.

 

He didn’t react when my hand touches his hair. He didn’t seem shocked or something too.

 

He pulled my hand and placed it between his shoulder and cheek.

 

“Do you really forget me Dara?” he asked.

 

I could really hear the sadness on his voice as he asked me that. His eyes were screaming sadness too.

 

I didn’t pull my hand back. I just let it rest there and for some odd reason, I feel comfortable and safe in his warmth.

 

I cannot look at his eyes anymore. I don’t know why but I just can’t, now that he asked me that question.

 

“I’m sorry. I was trying to remember you. Everything about you, but nothing came out in my mind. Even just a clue. I’m really sorry.” I said, my voice started to choke up and tears started to well up in my eyes.

 

He held out my hands and enclosed it with his. I looked up at him and saw him smiling at me. His gentleness when he touched my hand and his smile at me just made me shed tears even more.

 

How could he be so good to me when I can’t even remember him?

 

His other hand wiped away the tears running down on my cheeks and soon pulled me into his chest.

 

This comfort he’d given me, why is it so familiar? It’s like a déjà vu to me.

 

If he was a stranger, I was supposed to push him away and scold him for his sudden action, but no. His comfort is just too much to resist. Even a single contact he did made me felt safe and comforted.

 

Now, he was rubbing my back and my arms were wrapped around on his back trying doing a support so that we won’t stumble down.

 

“Please tell me who are you to me. Why is it your warmth feel so familiar?” I asked him, mumbling on his chest.

 

“I am Choi Seunghyun, Dara. TOP” he replied, kissing my hair.

 

Choi Seunghyun?

 

TOP?

 

I closed my eyes and tried to recall his name on my head. Choi Seunghyun. Choi Seunghyun. Choi Seunghyun. Choi Seunghyun.

 

Nothing.

 

Please mind, cooperate with me. Please let me remember his name and all the memories of him.

 

My head started to throbbed. It started to get painful. I pulled away from his chest and moved away from him, holding my head.

 

It’s so painful.

 

“Ahh!” was the only word that came out of my mouth. It feels like there’s a million of needles’ poking it and some hundreds of rock being thrown at it.

 

“Darabbit, are you okay?” I heard his voice panicking.

 

I opened my eyes and shook my head. “My head. Help!” I tried to compose some words to tell him.

 

“Wait for a minute, I’ll call the doctor” he said and ran out of the room.

 

I can’t wait for a minute. My vision darkened and I feel dizzy. For all I know, I will collapsed any time now.

 

 

 

_______________

 

 

 

TOP’s POV

 

 

 

When the doctor and I went back to Dara’s room, we found her unconscious on her bed. We called for a stretcher and brought her to the examination room. The doctor examined her brain and after he called some group of nurse to bring her back to her room to let her rest.

 

“Seunghyun-ssi, Ms. Dara Park has suffered a special amnesia” he informed me as the result came out.

 

“Special amnesia?!” I asked the doctor. What is that? I just heard that kind of amnesia now.

 

“Yes. It’s a rare kind of amnesia. It occurred to her, after her head had a bad impact on the cement” he explained to me.

 

I understand what he is trying to say but if she was a having a special amnesia or plain amnesia, she should have forgotten all of her memory, right?

 

“But doc, why is it of all the people she knew, it is only me she forgot?” I asked him and saw him nodding his head.

 

“Maybe because you’re too special to her. People suffering from special amnesia usually forgot the most special person he or she had known.”

 

“It’s unfair.” I protested. It should have been the opposite way. They should supposedly forget the least special person in their lives.

 

“I know. But you should help her gain her memory back. You could go back to the places where you two usually go. Everywhere that can make her remember bit by bit the memories of you. But, don’t go to the place where she could remember the bad incidents happened because it may trigger her amnesia to worsen.”

 

“I understand doc” I stood up and shook his hand “Thank you very much.” I bowed down and left.

 

Special amnesia it is. I started walking back to Dara’s room with my mind wandering around.

 

I can let her go to the places where memories of our relationship bloomed. I can start to our apartment where we first met. To their coffee shop. And most especially to my house where our relationship bloomed the most.

 

I will do anything just to regain your memories back Dara. I won’t give up on you. If you’re fighting, then I am too. We’ll fight this problem together. This is just a trial that we’ve encounter. No one will surrender, I will not surrender. I promise you that.

 

I won’t allow you to not remember me until the rest of your life. I will fight for you, no matter what happen. If I had saved you from the bad guys, I will save you once again in that special amnesia of yours.

 

Don’t give up on me Dara, because I love you oh so much. I swear on my whole entire being that I will not give up on you too.

 

I love you Sandara Park.

 

 

About the ‘special amnesia’ thing-y, I really don’t know if that exist in this world. Please bear with my imaginative mind. Lol xDD. Let’s just assume that it really did exist in here. After all it is fictional, right? :D

About your comments, I wanted to consider it that Dara only played with Tabi, but I wanted this story to be longer and so please bear with me. Thank you and Tharanghae