Chapter 38

The Boy Next Door

 

Chapter 37 – Realization

 

 

Dara’s POV

 

 

I am in the church. I saw my friends in the seat looking at my way. I smiled at them but their reaction is … sorry? I am confused at them. I looked at everyone and they have the same reaction from 2ne1.

 

What is happening?

 

I scanned everywhere. The place was so beautiful. It was perfect. But how come they feel like they’re sorry for me? I don’t understand, really. Then my eyes landed on the Big Bang boys, their expression were worst. It’s like they wanted to run away from this place, dragging me if they have a choice. Jiyong’s eyes screams sadness. The other three boys were in awful state.

 

What really is happening? Where is Seunghyun?

 

I was about to walk on their seat when they shook their heads. Now what?

 

I feel nervous all of a sudden when I saw Seunghyun standing at the front of the seats. He was wearing a tuxedo.

 

Then just a sudden moment, I realized everyone is wearing formal clothes. When I glanced at my side, it was my dad who I linked arms with. He was also wearing the same tuxedo Seunghyun wore. The latter smiled at me painfully. He has the worst reaction of all the people in here.

 

The only expression that is different is the guy beside Seunghyun. He was smiling ear to ear. Grinning, if that was the right word to describe what he is doing.

 

Like the time went swiftly, like fast, I was already in front of the altar.

 

At the altar? I feel like my world was doing a double flip over when I realized that I was wearing a wedding gown.

 

Wedding?

 

No.

 

It can’t be my wedding.

 

When I turned to look at Seunghyun, I feel like I can see what’s his role in my wedding.

 

He’s the best man.

 

But why? He’s supposed to be my groom. I gasped in horror.

 

Then who is this guy beside me?

 

“Sandara Park?” the priest called out my name.

 

“Eh?” I asked. What is the priest asking me?

 

“Say ‘I do’” the guy beside me says.

 

I looked up at him and saw Lee Minhyuk grinning at me.

 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. He can’t be the one. It’s supposed to be Seunghyun. It can’t be him. He’s not suitable to be my groom. He’s a bastard.

 

“I ...“ I paused and looked around, everyone was waiting for my answer. I saw 2ne1 and Big Bang holding their breaths.

 

“Babe, come on. Say ‘I do’” Minhyuk urged me to say it.

 

My fist balled up. How I wanted to punch his face. How I wanted to push him out of the way and replace him with Seunghyun.

 

“Say ‘I do’ or else I’ll kill your boyfriend” he whispered at me.

 

What the hell?

 

I looked at Seunghyun, again. There I saw him sitting in between two guys. Their guns are pointing both his sides.

 

Tears started to well up in my eyes. He can’t die because of me. I’ll rather die for him.

 

“I …” I paused again. I closed my eyes and the tears that I once control not to fall, ran down on my cheeks. I’m sorry Seunghyun and I love you, I chanted inside my head.

 

“ … do” I continued.

 

Then I feel Minhyuk’s hands on my face. After a moment, I could feel his lustful lips crushing on mine.

 

How I wanted to die right now. This is crazy.

 

I tried to push him but can’t. He’s too strong for me. I just stood still, waiting for him to stop.

 

“Kiss or kill?” he asked in between his kisses.

 

His threats, how come I got afraid? It’s not like me to be afraid of that chicken threats of him.

 

Why? Because it is Seunghyun whom he tried to threat for me. He knows my weakness. It is him.

 

I thought I just like him very much. But now I’m wrong. I really love him very much. From the moment he knocked on my door, I know it is him. He is the one. And now I regret not telling him ‘I love you’.

 

Babo Dara! You’re stupid! Now all I could feel is regret.

 

I started to kiss him back, in a fast pace, without even closing my eyes. I just wanted to end this now. Like now.

 

He smirked and raised his right arm. The two guys beside Seunghyun nodded their heads.

 

Before my eyes, I saw Seunghyun started to collapse to the man beside him. His eyes were locked on mine. He started to cough and blood came out of his mouth.

 

“Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!” I screamed at the top of my lungs.

 

 

 

“Darabbit!” someone shook me.

 

“SEUNGHYUN!” I shouted again and opened my eyes.

 

A dream.

 

No.

 

It’s a nightmare.

 

A freaking stupid nightmare.

 

“Don’t cry” Seunghyun wiped the tears falling on my cheeks.

 

I look up at him and relief washed all over my body and soul.

 

His alive. My Seunghyun is alive.

 

“Omygosh, Hyunnie~” I crushed my body onto his’.

 

I tightened my grip on his body. I don’t want to let him go. Never.

 

“You’re alive” I murmured on his chest.

 

He chuckled “Of course I am, silly.”

 

I looked up at him meeting his gaze.

 

“I love you” I smiled at him and for the first time, I let my lips landed on his, kissing him passionately.

 

I know I’d kissed him for a few times already, but I feel nothing on it. It was just our naughtiness that drive us that.

 

But tonight, it’s different. I feel inside my stomach the butterflies flying crazily. I feel myself weakening as he kissed me back. I feel complete. I don’t want him to let go. I want him to continue. I know I’m sounding absurd but what can I do? It’s what both my mind and heart instructed me.

 

I don’t want to delay my ‘I love you’ to him. I don’t want to regret later. I want to let him feel my love. I want him to stay by my side forever. I don’t want Lee Minhyuk to ruin us. To steal me away from him. It’s only him. There is only one him in this world.

 

“I love you very much Seunghyun. I really do” I said in between our kisses. I won’t get tired saying to him those three magical words.

 

He pulled away and caressed my face. “I love you more Dara” he smiled sweetly at me and for the second time we kissed.

 

I will never forget this night. I know this will not be the only night that will be memorable but also the future and I should treasure this moment. If I can marry him tomorrow, why not?

 

I just realized right now that this guy is the one whom I can trust my whole life with.

 

Choi Seunghyun, neomu neomu saranghae.

____________________________________________________

This is one of my favorite chapter ... I really enjoyed writing this piece at noon. Uwaaa~ :D And Dara is so cuteee ... :3

 

And there goes, my finals is over and the only thing left to do is my enrollment for the 2nd semester. So yeah~ SemBreak is here. I hope i can update more :) 

Fighting and stay with me <3