Chapter 45

The Boy Next Door

 

Chapter 45 – Memories

 

 

 

“Are you ready to go now Darabbit?” Tabi asked as he waited for her at the door.

 

Dara turned to him and smiled “Yes, I’m ready.”

 

She was discharged from the hospital two days ago and Tabi invited her for a stroll today outside. He was trying to make his plan work for today. He wanted them to go back to the places where they first met. As much as he wanted to shake off his nervousness, he just can’t. He felt like falling for her for the second time, because his heart is beating erratically inside his chest. He’s scared and nervous at the same time.

 

After she got out from the hospital two days ago, Tabi insisted to the boys and to her parents to let her stay back to their house for the mean time. As much as he wanted her to stay in his house instead, he didn’t do it for he thinks that it isn’t the time for her to come back to his house. The boys argued with him but they can’t win over him and so they just agreed.

 

They saw her parents at the living room leisurely watching the T.V. Dara ran up to them and hugged their backs.

 

“Umma, Appa” she called out “Seunghyun and I will just go out today” she happily told them. Mrs. Park smiled and turned to Tabi.

 

“Good luck son” she said. He smiled and nodded.

 

Dara kissed them goodbye and skipped to his side.

 

“Have fun today guys!” Mr. Park waved.

 

Tabi brought his car with him. He helped Dara inside and went to the other side.

 

“Where are we going today?” she beamed at him as she finished buckling her seatbelt.

 

“Everywhere Darabbit” he ruffled her hair and smiled, driving the car off.

 

 

The drive was silent but not in the awkward way. Dara was busy watching the familiar places they passed by. Tabi was driving smoothly with his mind wandering around, thinking of plans for today.

 

“Are we going to my apartment?” she asked.

 

“You remember your apartment?” Tabi asked back.

 

“Yeah” she nodded and smiled.

 

‘How I wish I can be the apartment so, you could have remembered me’ he thought sadly.

 

He parked the car just near the entrance and went out. He was about to open the door for her but she do it herself, too excited to get out.

 

“Ah, memories!” she closed her eyes and inhaled, her arms wide open.

 

‘Yes, the memories of us’ Tabi added inside his head.

 

“Hyunnie, let’s get inside” she looked at him and flashed her pearl whites.

 

Tabi could feel his heart stopped at that instant when he called him ‘Hyunnie’.

 

‘Did she remember me now?’ He asked himself. ‘Of course she hasn’t yet. That’s just a name Seunghyun. You still have time to make her remember you.’

 

“Alright let’s go” he nodded and let her get inside first.

 

When they went inside, they saw the owner of the apartment. She saw them and waved.

 

“Hello, lovely couple” she greeted with a smile.

 

Tabi bowed and glanced at Dara.

 

“Hi Mrs. Ahn, it’s nice to see you again” she smiled.

 

“What are you doing here? Do you want to stay here again?” the lady asked.

 

“No Mrs. Ahn. We’re here to regain my memories back. But soon, I will occupy the space again” she told the owner.

 

Tabi’s eyes rounded. ‘How and when did she know that she has amnesia?’

 

“What do you mean to regain your memories back?” the lady asked in confusion, her brows meet up together.

 

“I suffered a rare kind of amnesia Mrs. Ahn and I forgot everything about him” her voice mirrored sadness.

 

“Oh” Mrs. Ahn nodded. She glanced at Tabi and patted his shoulder “It will be alright Seunghyun.”

 

“I hope so Mrs. Ahn.”

 

“Dara-ah, don’t give up ‘kay? I know you can do it.” Mrs. Ahn squeezed her shoulder and nodded.

 

“I will Mrs. Ahn, I promise. I won’t give up and never will.”

 

Tabi couldn’t help but smile. ‘She said she won’t give up and that makes me okay.’

 

“We’ll go first Mrs. Ahn” he told the lady and bowed again.

 

They started walking upstairs and Tabi couldn’t think of any reason when and how did she know about her amnesia. No one ever told her that.

 

“Darabbit” he called her. She stopped in her tracks and turned to him “Yes?”

 

“How did you know you have amnesia? When did you know it too? Did someone tell you about it?”

 

“No one told me anything Hyunnie. I know about the amnesia when I was still at the hospital.”

 

“How?”

 

She smiled before answering, “After I knew that I forgot about you, as in everything about you, it occurred to me that maybe I have amnesia or something related to that word.”

 

“I understand now. But Dara, I’m sorry I didn’t tell you about it. I just don’t want you to pressure yourself. Everyone knows it, but I tell them not to say a word about amnesia to you. I’m really sorry” he apologized and looked at the stairs.

 

“Hyunnie” she held his chin and he looked up. “Don’t be sorry. It’s not your fault. Stop blaming yourself because it breaks my heart seeing you sad. I may only know your name but there’s something in you that makes me strive more to regain my memories about you. Please stay with me. Bear with me, if I’m still trying to remember you. I’m begging you; please don’t give up on me Hyunnie.”

 

Tears streamed down on her cheeks. She cupped her hand to to silence her crying but it’s no use. Her shoulders were shaking as she cried.

 

As Tabi absorbed the words she said, his heart skipped a beat. He didn’t know that it breaks her heart when she saw him sad. He softened at her last statement.

 

He wiped her tears as it continues on falling. “Stop crying Darabbit. I’m always here for you, remember that.”

 

She burst more and hugged him, crying on his chest. “I’m really sorry Hyunnie. I really do.”

 

“Shhh” he rubbed her back and buried his head in her hair. “Whatever happens, I am always here for you. I won’t give up on you either. I will stay with you forever because I love you so much Dara Park. So stop crying now okay? It’ll break my heart more if I see you crying. Do you want my heart to be broken?” he held her shoulders and let her face him.

 

She stopped crying and he wiped the last tears running down. “No. I don’t want to break your heart Hyunnie. I already broke your heart when I forget about you and I don’t want to break it again.”

 

“That’s my girl” he smiled and kissed her forehead. “Now, let’s get this done.”

 

“Right!” she nodded and laced her fingers to his. Tabi looked down at their hands and then to her. She raised their hands and said, “Your warmth, I love it.”

 

He chuckled and pinched her cheeks “But I love you more.”

 

They resumed in walking with their hands intertwined together. They reached the stairs for the sixth floor and Tabi stopped.

 

“This is the place where we first met, in a not good way though” he said and pointed on the stairs.

 

“You were sitting here and your things were scattered around the staircase. I was with Big Bang at that time and was on our way cleaning our cuts we gained from a gang fight” he continued but managed to say ‘gang fight’ instead of ‘BTOB fight’.

 

He glanced at Dara who was at his side. She was closing her eyes trying to picture things out. He smiled at her cuteness.

 

“I kicked your things that were scattered and I also stomped your hand that was lying on the floor” he paused then continued on, “That was our first meeting together Darabbit.”

 

Dara nodded her head as he ended retelling the event happened on the staircase they were standing.

 

“I pictured it out well” she opened her eyes and met his gaze.

 

“You’re doing a great job Darabbit. It will help you regain the memories” he patted his head.

 

They went back walking to their apartment and he stopped when he heard Dara mumbling.

 

“ty blue hair guy” she mumbled out of nowhere.

 

Tabi blinked and turned to her abruptly. “What did you say Darabbit?”

 

He heard what she said but he wanted her to say it again for the second time. He doesn’t want to assume things in a wrong way. He wanted to be sure that he heard it right.

 

“Oh?”

 

“What did you say just seconds ago?”

 

“ty blue hair guy …?” she said but more of asking it to him.

 

He nodded his head and asked, “Do you know who that ty blue hair guy is?”

 

“You.”

____________________________

Uwaaa~ ^^