Chapter 35

The Boy Next Door

Chapter 35 - Confession?

 

 

 

"Seunghyunnie, thank you" Dara hugged him at the back.

 

Seunghyun was standing at the doorway of Dara's room. "Your welcome Darabbit" he smiled and intertwined his hands to hers.

 

"Am I really not a burden to you and to your family here?" she asked.

 

"How many times do I have to tell you that you are not a burden to me nor to my family" he flicked his forehead.

 

"Oww" she pouted and rubbed it.

 

"So this is your room starting today" Seunghyun said and led her inside  "And if you need help, I'm just right next door, okay?" Dara nodded her head as she roamed around the room.

 

"But if you don't like here, you can sleep beside me as long as you want" he said as he wiggled his brows.

 

"I'll choose to stay here instead" she stuck her tongue at him and jump on the bed.

 

"Tsk. Tsk. Bad girl. It's like we didn't share each other's warmth last time in my apartment" he said as he headed to the bed and lie beside her.

 

"You make it sound like we did 'something' in your apartment" she giggled.

 

"Did not."

 

"Whatever!"

 

"ert"

 

"Is not."

 

 

 

 

The two of them keep on bickering each other when they hear a knock on the door.

 

"Mr. Choi, Ms. Park, the food is ready" one of the maids informed them.

 

"We'll be there" Seunghyun replied.

 

 

 

Both of them went down to the dining area.

 

"Oh mom, you're here!" Seunghyun hugged his mom.

 

Dara stood on the side watching them when his mom saw her.

 

"Hi there, pretty lady" Mrs. Choi smiled at her.

 

Dara bowed at her and smiled back.

 

"Mom, that's Dara and Dara this is my mother" Seunghyun introduced.

 

"Annyeong Haseyo, Dara imnida" she introduced herself.

 

"Isn't she lovely mom?" he asked his mom and glanced at Dara.

 

Dara heard it and glared at him.

 

"Of course she's lovely son and you pick the best girl" his mom replied with a smile.

 

"I know right mom?" he chuckled.

 

 

 

-SKIP-

 

 

 

Monday came and so it is time for school. Dara woke up early and she immediately went to Seunghyun's room after she readied herself.

 

"Seunghyun-ah" she knocked. Nobody answered her.

 

"Ms. Park, you can't wake him up like that" the maid told her as she passed by.

 

"Oh, I guess I'll get inside then" she smiled at the maid and went inside his room.

 

"Hyunnie~" she called out. No answer again.

 

She was about to walked to his bed to wake him up but something caught her eye. A picture of him when he was still young. Dara giggled at how chubby he was during his childhood.

 

 

Just then, an arm wrapped around her waist.

 

"What are you doing?" a sleepy voice whispered on her ear.

 

"Omygosh! Seunghyun you scared me" she slapped his arms on her tummy.

 

"Good morning Darabbit" he rested his chin on her shoulder.

 

"Seunghyun, you need to take a bath now or else we'll be late for school" Dara said.

 

"No. Let's stay like this for a while" he tighten his hug.

 

"But Hyunnie~" she whined and insisted.

 

"School can wait Darabbit but this moment can't" he said and kissed her cheeks.

 

"Kiss stealer" she mumbled.

 

"I heard that."

 

"Opps!" she laughed.

 

 

"You look y with your uniform on, how much more if there's no more clothes?" he grinned.

 

"Ya!" Dara distance herself from him.

 

 

'THUMP. THUMP. THUMP' her heart beats triple times again. 'He looks y' she thought as she looked

at him.

 

Seunghyun's hair was messed, he had only his boxers on and his blanket was wrapped around on his shoulder.

 

"Stop lookingq. I know I'm y" he said and pulled her for a hug.

 

'WHAT? Can he read my mind?' Dara asked herself.

 

"Darabbit, I know this is sudden but ... would you accept this exy man in front of you to be your guy?" Seunghyun asked as he held both Dara's shoulder to let her see that he is serious.

 

 

 

Dara remain calm outside but deep inside all her muscles are shaking. She felt weak all of a sudden.

 

"Hyunnie ... I ... "Dara paused. 

 

"I know Darabbit, you like me too" Seunghyun smiled widely.

 

 

 

He lean in and quickly stole a kiss on her lips.

 

"I'll take that as a yes, babe" he winked at her and headed straight to the bathroom.

 

"Silly" Dara shook her head and chuckled.

 

'I haven't answered yet but he took it as a yes already' Dara smiled at that thought.

 

"Hyunnie, I'll wait you downstairs and please make it fast we're late already!" Dara knocked at the bathroom.

 

"Yes Darabbit and don't forget that I love you" Seunghyun repliedn with a smile.

 

Dara couldn't help but smile at his sudden cheesiness.

 

 

 

 

When she went out, she saw Mrs. Choi smiling at her on the doorway.

 

"Oh auntie, good morning" Dara bowed at her and smiled.

 

"Good morning dear" she smiled back "By any chance, did my son confess to you?" she asked which

made Dara widened her eyes.

 

"How did you know auntie?"

 

"I'm sorry to tell you that I was eavesdropping you two" Mrs. Choi laughed.

 

"No, it's okay auntie" Dara smiled.

 

"I told him last night that he should make a move before Jiyong would steal you away from him."

 

"Auntie, Jiyonnggie is just my friend" she told Mrs. Choi.

 

"Is that so?"

 

Dara nodded her head.

 

"Then that means Seunghyun got no competition."

 

Dara giggled at how supportive Seunghyun's mom is.

 

"I think so too auntie."