Chapter 47

The Boy Next Door

 

Chapter 47 – The dream.

 

 

“You did a fast recovery Ms. Park” Doc Jang, a brain specialist based in US, said as they finished her weekly check-up.

 

“How about my amnesia Doc?” Dara stood up and sat on the chair across Doc Jang.

 

“I don’t have the exact measurement Ms. Park but all I know is that your ‘special amnesia’ slowly ebbs away. You still have that kind of amnesia but you start to remember some memories of you and Mr. Choi” he smiled at her as he scribble some notes in his notebook.

 

She heaved a sigh of relief “Thank you for that reassurance Doc. But do you have some opinions on how can I recover fully aside from going to the places where good memories of us happened?”

 

“Oh, about that” he loosened his tie and sat up straight “On my personal view, as a doctor and a family friend of yours, I think you need to go to those places where you think bad or worse events happened. Example to it is that place where you had that head-bump accident” Doc Jang said.

 

Dara stared at the floor, hesitant about what the doctor gave her.

 

“But Ms. Park, you don’t need to do it if you think you can’t handle it. It’s just my opinion and the decision is still yours” Doc Jang assured her as he squeezed her hand rested on the table.

 

She looked up and smiled “No, I’ll do it Doc. It’s the least that I could do to my condition and to Seunghyun” she pulled her hand as Doc Jang released it. She stood up and grabbed her purse.

 

“I’ll see you next time Doc Jang. Good day to you” she offered her hand and Doc Jang shook it warmly. She bowed and walked out of his office.

 

Dara saw TOP sitting on the bench outside the office. When he saw her, he immediately stood up and walked to her.

 

“How was it?” he asked as they were standing face to face.

 

“It was alright. Doctor Jang told me that I did a fast recovery” she smiled at him as TOP held her hands.

 

He tucked the loose strand of hair in her ear and caressed her cheeks “You did a great job Darabbit.”

 

Tears threatened to fall on her cheeks and TOP’s eyes rounded in panic.

 

“Please don’t cry Dara, please” he wiped her tears and pulled her into his arm. “I don’t like seeing you crying. It weakens me baby” he rubbed her back trying to hush her sob.

 

“I’m sorry Hyunnie” she sniffed “I’m trying to remember you quickly but my brain processes it slowly. I’m really sorry I’ve been a burden to you and to your family.” She wept again.

 

In a hugging state, TOP guided their bodies to sit on the empty bench. He felt weak when he sees Dara in a disadvantage state. He doesn’t like it. It’s not the fierce Dara he knew – the fighter Dara.

 

“Baby, I told you that it’s okay if you still can’t remember me now. We have lots of time to do it. Please don’t make yourself suffer and baby, please don’t say that you’re a burden to me and to us. I am your boyfriend and that’s what a good boyfriend does to her only girl. I love you Dara and I will do everything for you to remember me and us.” He patted her hair and kissed it.

 

Dara wiped her face with the back of her hand as she looked up at him “Thank you Hyunnie, very, very much” she smiled and pecked his lips.

 

 

 

TOP drove back to their house as Dara was peacefully sleeping beside him. He glanced at her every now and then and smiled. This is his girl, his one and only love, his girlfriend and his future wife.

 

“Darabbit, we’re home” he unbuckled his belt and reached for her. “Baby~” he coed and brushed the stray hairs away from her pretty face.

 

She stirred from her sleep and shifted then went back to sleep.

 

“Oh Dara” he chuckled and decided to carry her to their house. He went out of his seat and walked to the opposite side. Carefully, he opened the passenger seat’s door and placed his hands below her thigh and at her back. Gracefully he lifted her up and started walking to the door.

 

“Hmm” she mumbled on her sleep and wrapped her arms on his neck tightly.

 

Before turning the doorjamb open, he stared at her beautiful features and kissed her forehead.

 

He saw his mom sitting on the couch reading on her favorite novel. She saw them and was about to call when he shook his head, afraid that Dara might wake up. Her mom smiled and nodded her head. She walked up to them and kissed TOP on his cheeks before she kissed Dara’s.

 

“Look at her sweetie, she’s still so pretty even when she’s asleep and you look good together” she said and ruffled his son’s hair.

 

“Mom!” he protested in a low voice.

 

“Arrasso” his mom chuckled, “Now let her rest in her room dear.”

 

He nodded and slowly walked upstairs, to her room. She placed her on her bed carefully and took off her shoes, then covered her with a blanket.

 

“Sleep tight, baby girl” he pressed his lips on her forehead and walked out of her room.

 

 

Dara’s POV

 

 

I stirred on my bed and groggily open my eyes. Oh, I’ve fallen asleep. I glance at the clock near me and see that it’s almost 3 in the afternoon. Omo! I am supposed to visit BTOB’s hideout. Ugh!

 

I jump out of bed and run to the bathroom to shower. After a beat of cleaning myself, I search for my jeans and hoodie in the closet and put it on. I see my favorite sneakers near the door and put it on. I look my reflection on the mirror and smile satisfactorily.

 

I must tell Hyunnie that I will go to that hideout again. He’ll freak out and he’ll not let me do it. Or if he’ll allow me, I’m sure he will go with me to accompany. He’s been so careful with me, not wanting to danger myself again.

 

I remember the event in that evening when Lee Minhyuk kidnapped me from the masquerade party, but in a slight manner. I only remember the on how he kidnapped me and how he molested me in that room.

 

I see the family’s cook in the kitchen cooking. My stomach grumble in protest and so I decided to eat. She smiles at me and I do the same for response. She prepared me a light snack because I insisted on her not to prepare me a heavy meal. I’m afraid I might throw up when I reach the place.

 

“Hi gorgeous” an oh-so-familiar voice whispers on my ear. Wrong timing in sneaking out, Park.

 

I turn around and I’m welcome by his warm lips on mine. Gaah Seunghyun, your cook is here dang it.

 

He grins as he sits beside me. “Going somewhere?” he asks.

 

Should I tell him?

 

Duh Dara! You know he’ll not let you out if he knows.

 

“Yup” I smile at him and focus on my food.

 

“Can I tag along?” he looks at me with his please-let-me-go-with-you look.

 

“Nope” I say and his face fall “It’s a girls day Hyunnie” I quickly lie to lighten his mood.

“Oh” was his only reply. I know he really wanted to go with me but come on; I need to go their alone.

 

I caress his gorgeous face and run my thumb on his lips “We’ll have our day next time Hyunnie, only the two of us” I smile and peck his lips. There, there, assuring him will do.

 

“Really?”

 

“Yes darling, really.”

 

“Okay, I’ll put that in mind” he says. Finally, he stops the subject of me going out. “I’ll be in my room. Come home early alright?”

 

He looks like my husband. Gaah! I flash my pearl whites at him and nodded “I’ll be home early, swear.”

 

“Take care baby” he stands and kisses me chastely on the lips.

 

“You too.”

 

He waves at me before he run to the stairs. I wave back and focus on the food again. Did I do the right thing in here? Should I tell him instead the real place I’ll go?

 

Yes you should. Let him know so that he’ll not worry later. My subconscious scolds me. I shake my head and finish off the food.

 

I sneak to his bedroom to ask for permission if I can borrow his car and saw him lying in his back with a headphone in his ears and his eyes closed. He’s rapping.

 

I didn’t dare to knock but instead I walk to his bed and blow an air on his neck. He flutters his eyes open and takes off his headphone. I grin at him and he grins back.

 

“I thought you left already” he says as he sits up.

 

“I came here to ask for your permission.”

 

“For?”

 

“I want to borrow your car, can I?” I ask him and flash my best puppy eyes look at him.

 

He laughs and nodded, “You can borrow my car anytime baby and please don’t give me that look or else I’ll not let you go out but instead I’ll kiss you here in my bed like the old times” he smirks at me.

 

I gasp and he laughs again. I stand up and grab the car keys in his table. Before I left out of his room, I stride back to him and push him with all my force back to the bed.

 

“Serves you right ert” I stick my tongue at him and before I could know, he grabs my hand and pulls me with him on the bed.

 

“Seunghyun!” I shout and squirm from his grip.

 

“Can you please not go and just stay here with me?” he asks me hopefully.

 

“Hyunnie, I need to –“

 

“Please Darabbit? Sandy? Parky? Baby? Yeobu? Jagiya? Wifey? Please stay here with me?”

 

Oh My Gosh! Did he just call me with those names? I can’t help but to giggle. He’s so cute when he enunciates those cheesy names.

 

“Arrasso Hyunnie, I’ll stay here with you” I nodded as I toss the car keys back at the table.

 

He grins at me as he kisses my temple. “Should we do the same like last time?” His smiles reach his ears.

 

Like last time?

 

“Eh?”

 

“Like this baby oh!” he claims my lips as he kisses me passionately. Oh?!

 

I blink at him at him but kiss him too. Did we do this in here too, like last time?

 

I close my eyes and is about to kiss him back when he pull back. I snap my eyes open quickly only to be welcome by a smiling Seunghyun.

 

“You remember?” he asks me.

 

I frown and blink many times. Then a flicker of light strikes my brain.

 

Wait … is this the same as my dream?

 

“Kiss me until I fall asleep.”

 

“Do you want me to die of suffocation?”

 

“ … Come on babe~”

 

“Arrasso … Kiss until you fall asleep.”

 

“My dream … “I whisper as I stare at him.

 

“Is this the same as your dream Darabbit?” he asks me, his face amuse.

 

I nod and I am still slightly shock.

 

“Oh Dara” he snuggles me closer to him and nuzzles my hair. “Do you remember who was in your dream?” he asks his voice so low.

 

“Yes” I nod my head “It was you and me kissing in my bedroom” I glance up at him and here comes my uncontrolled emotions. “Oh Seunghyun” I sob.

 

“Baby, you do remember me now? Like everything of me and us?” he asks me, I can almost hear rather than see his tears of joy springs in his eyes.

 

“Yes baby. That was the last jigsaw piece I was looking for in this entire time. If I’ll know it, I know I can regain back my memories. I remember everything now, you, me and us” I sit up and look down at him.

 

“You are my boyfriend, the love of my life, my ty blue hair guy, my hero and my savior. I love you Seunghyun and I miss you oh so much” I lean in and this time, it’s me who claims his lips.

 

He groans and kisses me back.

 

So this is what I was waiting for. That dream is the missing puzzle I am looking for. Now, all I know is that I am back and TabiSan is back too.

______________________________

Happy Holidays my dear readers. Have an awesome Christmas. Love you <3