8 and 5 Weeks

Replay (PM 01:27)

The next day after the HS127 get together party. Youngjae woke up in enormous pain. She took a quick shower and got dressed afterwards. She skipped breakfast and left a note for Jungwoo, saying that she was going to the Seoul University National Hospital to see if she was ill or anything. When she got there, the nurses took Youngjae in right away, seeing that she was in pain.

“Are you okay?” the Doctor asked.

 

“I feel sick.. I’ve been vomiting and i have severe pain at my abdomen.” Youngjae spoke softly.

 

“We might need to run some test on you. Is that okay Miss?” asked the Resident Doctor. While the nurse prepares the test the doctor ordered, the Doctor asked Youngjae. “Have you been with anyone recently? Also, when was your last period cycle?”

 

“Yes. My boyfriend. Why?” asked Youngjae at the ambiguous question.

 

“Oh ermm my last period cycle was early last month and I’m actually late for about a week from my normal cycle now.” Answered Youngjae.

 

“I see.. I see.. Did you experienced any pain previously?”

 

“Yes. But it was tolerable not like now.”

 

“We will run a pregnancy test and an ultrasound to see if there is anything serious we have to take care of.” the Doctor made Youngjae take a pregnancy test. Leaving her confused. The test went off for results and Youngjae looked up to see a worried look on the Doctor’s face.

 

“The results are out and it was negative. You’re not pregnant Miss Yoo.” Said the Doctor. She then proceeded to run a pelvic ultrasound on Youngjae and it appears that Youngjae might have a cyst.

USG Ultrasonography Ultrasonography 2288-5919 2288-5943 ...

After the scan, Youngjae was seated down as the Doctor addressed her condition. “We have run a scan on you and found a cyst in your ovary.”

 

What Youngjae had was identified as a follicle cyst. In a normal menstrual cycle, an ovary releases an egg each month. The egg grows inside a tiny sac called a follicle. When the egg matures, the follicle breaks open to release the egg. Follicle cysts form when the follicle doesn't break open to release the egg. This causes the follicle to continue growing into a cyst.

 

“Is it serious? Do I need get a surgery to remove it?” asked Youngjae.

 

“As of now, the cyst does not appear to be as serious. It is small but we shall not take the matter lightly too.”

 

If the cyst doesn’t go away within 8 weeks, I recommend that you get follow-up pelvic ultrasounds at intervals to see if your cyst changes in size.”

 

“And if the cyst changes in size then, you might need to get it removed. It might be cancerous if you choose to let it grow in you.” Explained the Doctor.

 

Youngjae had mixed reactions, firstly she was relieved that she wasn’t going to be a young mother but knowing that there was something else that is growing in her. Made all choked up. Doctors nowadays really just straight up tell their patients about the worst case scenarios.

 

The doctor then prescribed her with pain relievers and hormonal contraceptives, such as birth control pills to keep the ovarian cysts from recurring. She was also advised to avoid ual for the time being until she felt better and of course until the cyst exited her body. Youngjae then book a cab ride home. Jungwoo had offered to fetch her from the hospital but she insisted for him to just wait at home. 


 

Seulgi POV

“Please let it be negative.. jaebal jaebal jaebal..” said Seulgi while waiting for the results of the pregnancy test kit. She recalled the times when she and Haechan did it and started counting the days of her period cycle. “. . .. Come on hurry up test kit.. Stop making me nervous..”

 

And the results came out after a few blinks and it was..

 

Implant Removal and a Positive Pregnancy Test

The pregnancy test showed Pregnant with 3+ below it. Which means Seulgi was already 5 weeks pregnant! O M G . . . .

 

“.. I’m gonna be a freaking mom.” This means she can’t perform on stage. SM is going to kill her and Haechan when they find out. What is she going to do? Seulgi walks around in circles trying to find her phone. She then contemplated to call Haechan or Manager Noona first to inform them about the news. She decided to text Johnny instead. Johnny replied to almost immediately and rang her up upon seeing the image she had sent.

 

1503f010b13668a480b3de85234b6083f233091a.jpg

“Yahhhh.. Bwoya.. Oh my god Kang Seulgi.” Uttered Johnny over the line.

 

“I don’t know.. It just happened. Trust me I was hoping for it to be negative.”

 

Johnny then handed over his phone to Youngwon who had seen Seulgi’s message. “Kang Seulgi.. Breathe. Okay.. Get manager noona to bring you to the hospital to double confirm it. Also, call Donghyuck as soon as possible. Seulgi yah.. You’re already 5 weeks in girl. He needs to know. He needs to take responsibility.”

 

“Youngwon ahhhh. Dowajeoo..”

 

“Yahh. I’m no different than you. I’m carrying Youngho’s baby in me too.”

 

“What????? What is up with us man.”

 

“I know right. It’s not even a joke that we can laugh about now. Yah that’s not the point.. Quickly tell him. Where is he anyway?” said Youngwon.

 

“He is at Dream practice. Youngwon, I’m scared to tell him about it.”

 

Johnny took his phone back and told Seulgi,” Even if it sounds weird, I feel like in this type of situations, Haechan would be really mature and decisive. I’m sure he will take responsibility of the baby and not forgetting you. He loves you with his life. I think the two of you have to discuss things out.”

 

“I hope he will.”

 

“You’ll be fine. Alright, we gotta go. Tell him quick and get it check!” said Johnny before ending the call. Seulgi then took a breathe and texted her manager about it. Following that she texted Haechan, Jaehyun and her Red Velvet members to inform them about it. She figured Haechan was still at practice so she left a text for him to call her back soon. She only sent the picture of the pregnancy test kit to him. Little did she know that Lee Haechan replied her immediately saying he was already on his way to her place.

 

A few minutes later, the sound of the doorlock being entered. Haechan barged in and went to embrace Seulgi burying her in his arms.

Animated gif about gif in nct dream -:♡:- by -:♡:-

“Seulgi ah?” Haechan called her gently, “You okay?”

 

“I am now. Your presence itself is comforting me Chan ah.”

 

“Seulgi ah.. Mianhae.. Well, um I know it’s gonna happen one day. But I didn’t expect it to be this fast.”

 

“Let’s go for a checkup and see Our little one shall we?” Haechan suggested. Seulgi knew she could count of Haechan. She knew Haechan would never let go of her. Yes they will need to figure out what to explain to their label but for once Seulgi wanted to forget about everything and just be happy with her baby and the father of her child.

 

“Both of you are so precious to me… I promise to try my best to do a good job.” Seulgi smiled to Haechan’s words.

 

“Yaksu? Baby.. did you hear what Appa just promised? You’ll be my witness alright.” said Seulgi now holding her tummy while Haechan was wrapping his arm around her.

cute pregnant couple | Tumblr


 

Jaehyun POV

 

He had received a text from Seulgi telling him that she was pregnant. Shook af. He doesn’t know how to react and what to reply her since he wasn’t sure if Seulgi was happy or worried. He then started tearing.

 

Jaehyun knew that the news would change Seulgi’s life completely. Seulgi and Jaehyun had history together and he knew Seulgi had always love children and wants to have her own too. But right now, he wasn’t sure that Seulgi is ready for that. But if Seulgi decided to keep the child, he would definitely support her.

 

Jaehyun just stared blankly at the dorm television. Many thoughts were in his head. His ex-girlfriend is pregnant with Haechan’s baby. And they are going to be young parents, especially for Haechan. “How I was wish Yunha was the one who was pregnant.”. What is this jealousy feeling he is feeling. Jaehyun was not in his right mind. Maybe too shook by the news.

 

Animated gif about gif in Jaehyun NCT by cloudy ♬♡ | Jaehyun nct ...

Not helping that Jungwoo was also not back home. Jungwoo texted him that he will be staying with Youngjae for a while since she is not well. Jaehyun was also concerned about the couple as he haven’t heard about them too. He texted Yunha and ask if she have heard from any of their friends about anything. Yunha told him about Youngwon noona’s pregnancy.

 

“She too?” replied Jaehyun quickly switching the text to a Facetime video call with Yunha.

 

“Yahh.. I’m at work.. Is the news that shocking that we have to see each other faces to gossip? Ahahahah” laughed Yunha.

 

“Bwoyaa.. Aren’t you worried? I freaking cried when Seulgi told me she was positive! Can you believe that Haechan is now really going to be Young father?” said Jaehyun eyes starting to welled up.

 

“Na molla.. Yah Jeong Yoon Oh.. Wae euro? Gwenchana?” asked Yunha. She kind of know why Jaehyun was feeling a little overwhelmed by the news of their close friends being pregnant. One is already engaged and another is starting a family at young age. She knew Jaehyun always dream of having kids of his own at a young age too. But he had to hold back his dreams because Yunha won’t gave in to him that easily. It wasn’t that Yunha wasn’t serious about being with him or having a family, but she knew it was going to be hard to juggle her career with having a child. So maybe not now. at least not when they are still dating.

 

“Yuno yahh.. One day we will have our own too alright.. Let’s be patient for now.” Said Yunha making Jaehyun smirk. Yunha decided to add fuel to the fire, “I want a big family, probably about 3 kids and 2 cats, maybe a fish too.” She stared at the phone screen, watching Jaehyun’s face intently and waiting for his reaction.

 

“Me too.” He finally making eye contact with Yunha and giving her a fond smile showcasing his dimples. He knew 100% though that Yunha were the one he wanted to start his family with. After chatting for quite a bit their called ended and Jaehyun texted Johnny to congratulate him.

 

Johnny on the other hand replied, “Yah did you hear about Youngjae?”