Say Yes to the Dress

Replay (PM 01:27)

Exactly 3 weeks to the Wedding

 

c047d2dd08f9f27f6b015cea85ef5e745c1a2eb0.jpg

 

After sending out the invites for Their Forever, WooJae couple sat down on the couch at Youngjae’s apartment all tired from hustling here and there finding addresses and contacts for their guest list. They stopped and stared at each other for a minute and smiled. They couldn’t believe that The Wedding is really happening.

 

 

And because they were short of time preparing for the wedding, Youngjae and Jungwoo had hired a Wedding Planner who sends them emails probably like once an hour. They have their date and wedding venue all booked. They decided to go with a simple yet fairy-tale theme for their wedding. Like Cinderella.

 

 

Now one of the things you have to think about when you’re planning a wedding is what the heck you’re going to wear. It’s definitely an early foot that needs to drop, partially because with a lot of wedding dresses, you’re supposed to order them like four to six months in advance. And also because the dress choice can influence the décor and also what other people are going to wear. It also helps with how you’re going to do your hair, your shoes. Everything!

 

 

Well, WooJae couple didn’t have the luxury of time to make their own dresses and tux. So they got to just shop or rent their wedding outfits now. Like today, now or never. Slightly rushed but it’s okay.

 

 

The couple had asked their Bridesmaids and Groomsmen along for the trying and fitting session separately. It’s not really a hassle for Jungwoo because he already has a stylist at SM Entertainment to help him out. So for this wedding, it was more for the Bride-to-Be Youngjae time to shine. And as promised, Yunha will be the victim for her Bridezilla moment today. Haha.. I’m sure Yunha is more than honoured to accompany her bestfriend. :)

 

 

So as for exactly what she is looking for, Youngjae have a few thoughts in mind. Like many people, Youngjae have been pinning wedding dresses that she thought were cool to a Private Pinterest board for years. Like since way before she met Jungwoo.

 

 

In between that and a steady consumption of wedding content over the years, she felt like she’d seen a fair amount of wedding dresses in her time. And based on all of that, Youngjae kind of know what styles she was interested in.

 

 

In terms of skirts, she don’t think that she wanted a super poofy ball gown, but she also don’t think she wanted something super tight. Just because she want to be able to move & groove and also eat. But also mainly because she didn’t want to feel suffocated in the dress due to her early stage of pregnancy.

 

 

So something kind of loose or A-line would be ideal.

 

 

In terms of tops, Youngjae loves the off shoulder kind of strap or drape etc. But she was quite open to try different things. She is definitely partial to dresses that could cover her tiny baby bump but she don’t want to be too close-minded to other kinds of dresses outright just because of it.

 

 

For additional context, the like 10000 foot description of their wedding is like a blend of fairy-tale and nature. So that they will definitely be keeping that in mind while shopping today.

 

 

Now in terms of colour, Youngjae knew that many brides out there have been wearing a lot of whites and cremes yada yada. But based on what she has researched and seen on the internet, there are just more option for wedding dresses that she like in those colours. Youngjae just wasn’t sure if she wanted to join in that bandwagon.

 

 

“I don’t need to wear like pure white like.. I’m open to a beige or perhaps a light gray or OH OH BABY BLUE will be perfect!” said Youngjae esctatically while walking to the boutique that Yunha had recommended her to go to. Perks of having a fashion editor friend.

 

 

And aside from that, Youngjae felt like her wedding is the only time that she would really ever wear a fancy dress. So with all of the above in mind, her next step was to find THE DRESS at the boutique.

 

 

After arriving in front of the entrance, it turns out that it wasn’t just any wedding boutiques. Youngjae was not sure that she would say this but it was a Couturè. It’s a place where Idols, celebrities and etc would get their gowns, suits for the red carpet and I don’t know, it just seems expensive.

 

 

“Yoooooo. This smells expensive.” Youngjae commented.

 

 

“Don’t worry about that BFF. I gotcha back.” Said Yunha entering the store together with Youngjae.

 

 

So at the boutique, they have like one room.. That’s teeming. Yes teeming seems like the right word, teeming with dresses.

387a5b5e391a1b4590c12ba8c741a3880840e69c.png

“So we like for the bride to do a first pass through. Tell me what you’re instantly excited about and then we’ll throw in some wild cards.” Explained Hyun Ssaem the owner of Loho Couturè. That happens to be Kim Yunha’s friend.

 

 

“Youngjae ah.. go ahead and start cruising the gallery and we’ll go from there.” Said Yunha.

 

 

And even though Youngjae had done more than her fair share of research. She was a little overwhelmed by seeing all of the dresses in person. I mean it is her first time in a wedding boutique because obviously first time getting married right? Which one do she even choose?

 

 

After narrowing down 4 outfits with the help of Hyun Ssaem and her BFF Yunha. Youngjae finally started trying on the dresses.

 

 

 

The first dress was an off shoulder baby blue floral dress, with a tight corset top just like the fairy tale princesses wore to the Ball.

 

316cb4db1d212f5d642cec8f9670f798ba34f3c7.jpg

“This one is kinda cool. Like its quite floral but the obvious floral patterns it’s not really my vibe. But it’s the blue that I like. I feel like Cinderella.” Said Youngjae.

 

 

“Hmmm I don’t know about the corset Youngjae. Isn’t it like stuffy?” asked Yunha concerned.

 

 

“Ya it kinda feel like it. A lil bit.” Answered Youngjae trying to hold her breath while twirling in front of the mirror.

 

 

“Okay then better not. Daeum..”

 

 

And the next dress was also a sequel of the first dress but just in a lighter colour, A-line and lacey but not so floral.

9b8f223aff4dfeb107f307c18ef099aad04d7e97.jpg

“Oooooooooo ayyyyy. I like this one. It’s not too much.. like its classy, elegant and I don’t know. Flattering??” Yunha commented.

 

 

“Yeah this is lovely. But it’s so though. I’m not sure if Jungwoo is gonna like me in it.” Answered Youngjae as her low self-esteem makes her questioned her decisions.

 

 

“Sis, you’ll be the one wearing it. Not him. Plus you look amazing! Who cares what people gotta say about it.” Cheered Yunha.

 

 

“Arasso arasso. I’ll keep that in mind. Let’s try the second last dress. Phewwww this is getting tiring hahaha..” said Youngjae. Well it’s understandable, she’s pregnant and wedding dresses are heavy to begin with. So it could be a little draining. Thank God she brought the best person to be with her today. Her bestfriend/sister/partner in crime/2nd husband. HAHAHA.

 

 

So the third dress was a shade lighter than the second. The second one was more of a dusty blue dress and this one was really in a very.. very pastel blue colour. Dreamy and poofy. Add on with a cloudy train look at the bottom back of the dress.

f108be05d659c1fabe6ec0860c8e523a04598b13.jpg

“You looked like a princess! So beautiful Yoo Youngjae. Oh my god I feel like I’m going to cry.” Said Yunha tears starting to well up in her eyes.

 

 

“I swear if you cry, I’m gonna start bawling. Stahpppp.” Teared Youngjae as she wiped the tears falling on her cheeks.

 

 

“But anyways I love this one. But the poofy train though. I might trip and fall knowing my clumsiness. As if wearing heels is not enough of a challenge. Hahahhahahaha..” commented Youngjae.

 

 

“Righttttt.. I kinda just remember how clumsy you are. Fine. then NEXTTTT.” Answered Yunha laughing. Hyun Ssaem also laughed at the bride to be’s comment. This is her first time hearing a bride admitting to her flaws while trying on their wedding gowns.

 

 

 

A few minutes later. Youngjae came out from the dressing room with the last but not least final dress. (The final wedding dress to be reveal in Chapter 52!) She looked Stunning! With her hair pulled back, her shoulders and neck line full on display.

 

 

 

“This is the one Yunha. I don’t know if you’ll agree. But I really love this one.”

 

 

“You look amazing Youngjae. I know. I could feel it that it was THE ONE, the moment you step out of the dressing room. Perfect from the head to toe! I love the fit and colour. Okay Shall we get this??” said Yunha.

 

 

“Yasssss… finally. But damn I feel like my pockets is gonna start crying paying for this one.” Expressed Youngjae thinking of how much it’s going to cost her.

 

 

“Ooo about that. Hyun Ssaem maybe you will like to explain to our bride-to-be here what’s the deal.” Said Yunha.

 

 

“Certainly. So Ms Yoo, apparently today is your lucky day. Your Groom, Mr Kim had made advanced order and payment for the dress you’ve tried on today. The final dress you’ve picked was actually one of our wild card dress that Mr Kim had personally designed and had it tailored for you.” Explained Hyun Ssaem making Youngjae jaw dropped and now in tears.

 

 

“BABYWOOOOOOOOOOOOO.. WHY IS HE LIKE THISSSS. I DON’T DESERVE HIM. YUNHA TELL ME THIS IS JUST A DREAM.”

Happy Tears Crying GIF by The Bachelor Australia - Find & Share on GIPHY

“No its not. This is THE REAL DREAM YOU’VE BEEN DREAMING ABOUT. You’re blessed girl. You deserved all the happiness in the world bestfriend!” said Yunha hugging her bestfriend. At this point, they were already crying multiple times and it’s only the buying of wedding dress part. Just imagine how they will be like on the actual wedding day.