He Chose You

Replay (PM 01:27)

“Jaehyun ah..”

 

 

“Eo wae?”

 

 

“She knows about our past.”

 

 

“Past? What past?”

 

 

“My abortion story.” Said Seulgi over the speaker phone.

 

 

“EH?????”

 

 

“KIM YUNHA KNOWS?? HOW?”

 

 

“It doesn’t matter how she knows but really? Jeong Jaehyun??? Till when are you going keep that as a secret. Till the day you die??” exclaimed Youngjae interrupting their conversation.

 

 

“Where is Yunha now. Let me talk to her.”

 

 

“Yunha left my house Yuno.. I tried calling her but to no avail. Eotteoke?” said Youngwon worried.

 

 

“Eotteoke Yuno yah.. also can you let Johnny know about this. I texted him earlier but he hasn’t read my messages.”

 

 

“Johnny hyung? He has an Overwatch session with Haechannie. Let me go to the 5th floor dorm. I’ll talk to you guys again once I get reach of Yunha. Mianhae yeoreobun that you had to go through all this trouble because of me.”

 

 

“Find your fiancé and save your relationship. Kkeuno.” Said Youngjae ending the phone call coldly.

 

“Youngjae ahhh. Don’t be so harsh on Jaehyun. Clearly this thing happened in the past and he is not like that already. He is Yunha’s fiancé now and we need to respect that. Staying mad at him wont change the past. Give him a chance.” Advised Youngwon.

 

 

“I am giving him a chance. But I wanted to give him a lil push so he could wake up and be more serious about his relationship. That’s the least I could do as Yunha’s bestfriend. No matter what happens I will always be on her side.”

 

 

“And you Kang Seulgi. Eonnie.. I don’t know how you could remain calm in situation like this. I mean you went through a lot. But you’re playing it cool as if your past doesn’t bother you anymore.” complained Youngjae.

Top 30 Kpop Shrug GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

Seulgi just shrugged her shoulders and shook her head signalling that they should stop talking about it. That was a lot to take in for the day and the ladies went ahead to wash up before heading to bed.

 

Wonder how the 5th floor dorm is gonna react to this.


 

At the 5th floor dorm

 

 

“Come on Kim Yunha.. answer my call. Wae geurae jinjjaa.. aishhtt” said Jaehyun while entering the dorm. Jungwoo who was lounging around the dining area with Doyoung was shocked to see him.

 

 

“Eo Hyung?? Waseo? I thought you were in our room. What’s going on?”

 

 

“Haigooo…”

 

 

“What’s with the sigh.. Is everything okay?” asked Doyoung.

 

 

“My fiancé found out about my past with Seulgi.”

 

 

“Eoo??! Your past with Seulgi? Isnt that something we all know about?”

 

 

“Ani. Not about my status with her. It’s about something else.”

 

 

Jungwoo and Doyoung couldn’t catch the ball what Jaehyun was talking about. It might be possible for them not to know about it as Jungwoo had join NCT later than everyone. So he didn’t train with the boys from the beginning.

 

 

And I guess for Doyoung, he was too busy to notice any difference when Jaehyun was dating Seulgi. Jaehyun was closer to Taeyong and Johnny back when they were trainees. The two used to be his listening ear whenever he has problems of some sort.

 

 

Today will be another day of Johnny being a listening ear for his problems. Jaehyun walked to Johnny and Haechan’s room and knock on the door. No answer from the inside.

 

 

After several knocks, Jaehyun decided to just barge in because the two boys were definitely on their headphones so it was more than obvious that they couldn’t hear the real world.

 

 

“Silhyehamnida yedora..” said Jaehyun while tapping on Haechan and Johnny shoulder.

 

 

“Eo Jeong Yunohh.. Wae waseoo?” asked Johnny.

 

 

“Hyung check your phone..” said Jaehyun.

c6c5048a563238f4885165b07064dec84ccc4017.png

“Are you here because of this?” said Haechan showing his phone to his brothers. Seulgi had texted him about the matter that he already knows beforehand.

 

 

“Neo ara?” asked Jaehyun.

 

 

“Eo.” Answered Haechan short. Making the room atmosphere slightly awkward.

 

 

“Donghyuck ah sashileun. This happened back in the past. I was 19 when it happened.”

 

 

“Na ara hyung.. Seulgi told me everything already before this.”

 

 

“And you’re okay with it?” asked Johnny.

 

 

“Well. I won’t say that I’m okay knowing it but I believe in fate. Fate brought me and Seulgi together. And we too made a mistake once. We chose to keep the baby. But we had a miscarriage which is even much more painful than an abortion.”

 

 

“Hyung, both of you had made a choice. And yall had picked future rather than the present back then. so.. Why dwell on the past? Things would have been different if you made the other choice back then right? No? Chances are, we won’t even debut in a group together also right?” expressed Haechan.

 

 

“Yeah. What Haechannie said is true. You chose that path. So here you are Jeong Jaehyun a new person. A fiancé to Kim Yunha and possibly be a father to your children with her.” Said Johnny.

 

 

Jungwoo who came in the room at the right timing made a comment about the matter. “Err.. Hyung.. I was just on the phone with Yunha and I wanna ask your permission if I could meet her one on one.”

 

 

“Kim Yunha? Neo? Jigeumniya?”

 

 

“Eo, I’m going to Yeouido park to meet her.” Said Jungwoo.

 

 

“I’m following you-

 

 

“Ani hyung.. She requested to not bring you along. Donghyuck ah. Can you follow me?” said Jungwoo turning to Haechan.

 

 

“Na??! Aigoo. Geurae.. Kaja..” answered Haechan logging off his desktop.

 

 

Jaehyun and Johnny were left speechless. Why of all people the two dongsaengs instead of the Hyungs. The maknaes left the room quietly.


 

After a short late night drive to Yeouido Park located near the NCT dorm. Jungwoo and Haechan had arrived. They spotted a lady shooting hoops at the basketball court. It was Kim Yunha with her dress on.

1e64dc1ae2b04e00a00d469f098dd96b5daf33af.png

“Eo Yunha Noona!”

 

 

“Eo waseoo. Illuwabwa..”

 

 

“Nong guhago sipeo??”

 

 

“Noona.. You’re in a dress. Can we just talk. Plus its late at night, aren’t you tired?” asked Haechan.

 

 

“I am.. but I wanted to release some stress while shooting hoops.”

 

 

“I didn’t know you play. I’ll play with you. Donghyuck ah you can wait at the bench.” Said Jungwoo.

 

 

“Fine..”

 

 

While the two play. Haechan called Seulgi and update her about Yunha.

 

 

“Eoo baby.. Eotteoke is she okay?”

 

 

“She looks okay. But god knows how she really feels right?”

 

 

“Hmmm maja.. jaraeseo chan ah.. Yuno-neun?”

 

“Hyung is at the dorm with Johnny. Yunha didn’t request for Jaehyun to come here. I guess she didn’t know how to face Jaehyun if he was here.”

 

 

“Maja maja.. Neoneun. Gwenchana? I mean. We talk about this before and you never really told me how you felt after knowing it.”

 

 

“Baby.. I chose you.. Not your past. I love you no less because we are all sinners and not perfect human beings. One thing I want you to promise me is that, just like what you said in our anniversary letter. You will give your all to me. Maybe not your all. But your best for our relationship. Yaksuhaeji?”

 

 

“Eo Yaksu.. Uri Donghyuckkie. Mani kkonae..”

 

 

“Mmmm.. arasso.. Jalja.. I’ll text you once I’m done mmm. Kkeno..” said Haechan pressing the end call button on his screen.

 

 

“Hyung.. Noona… Ramyun mashillae??” shouted Haechan to the two playing basketball.

 

 

“Ramyun?? Okay call!” said Yunha and Jungwoo.

 

 

The three of them walked to the convenience store to get their meal fixed. They sat at the outdoor camping tables to eat and chat. Haechan had got them some Soju fixed just to make conversation more easier and comfortable. He poured drinks for his sister and brother.

Cheers alcohol drinking GIF on GIFER - by Direshade

“Jjaaannnn..” as they clink their glasses

 

“Aigooo.. Soju taste horrible but it gets you tipsy pretty fast which I like.” Said Yunha.

 

 

“Maja.. It helps you say things you normally don’t. But slow down a little Noona..”

 

 

“Anyways do you want to talk about it why you called us out.” asked Jungwoo.

 

 

Yunha took a deep breath before beginning her conversation. She was hesitant. “Mmmmmmm.. where do I even start… Let’s take one more shot before I start talking..”

 

 

“Algasseo Jjann.” Answered Haechan. He knew what it will be about and he is thinking carefully on what to answer Yunha.

 

 

“Were you surprised when I called you out?” asked Yunha to Jungwoo.

Nct Jungwoo GIF - Nct Jungwoo - Discover & Share GIFs

“Eo.. I was very surprised. But when you briefly told me that you needed someone neutral to talk to. I was pleased that you trusted me for that. I brought Haechan along because I thought this is something that Haechan also needs to be involved and maybe both of you could share your thoughts on the matter.” Said Jungwoo.

 

 

“Jungwoo ah.. Sashilleun. In the past, Jaehyunnie and Seulgi had a baby together. But because of their future, they got an abortion and move forward with their lives.” Said Yunha while Jungwoo nodded his head.

 

“You know me and Jaehyun recently got engaged right. And we just started to get comfortable with each other. I felt extremely good about it although everyone was worried about it.”

 

 

“I really didn’t feel anything special about Jaehyun before. But as soon as he proposed to me and we got engaged. I let go of everything, the doubts I have for him all vanished. I started to trust him even more after being his fiancè.”

 

 

“In what ways?” asked Jungwoo.

 

 

“Geunyang.. He was just different than what I imagined he’ll be. I saw new sides of him that I had misconceptions about. He turned out to be even better than I thought.”

 

 

“It felt more special after our engagement. That’s what I felt.”

 

 

“Honestly, I could have call him out to talk about this matter but I couldn’t approach him after knowing what had happened between him and Seulgi. What more Seulgi Eonnie is a dear sister of mine now. It’s pretty awkward.”

 

“What if he actually regrets being engaged to me when he could like get back together with Seulgi Eonnie and you know relived the life they had together.”

 

 

“How can I possibly look at him the same anymore?” ranted Yunha.

 

 

“Jja.. Yunha yah.. You called me right? And you know when I went in to Haechan’s room. I saw and heard Jaehyun talking about you to them. And I also saw his reaction when I told him that I was meeting you.”

 

 

“He thinks about you a lot Yunha..” said Jungwoo.

 

 

“Eo jinjja? Then why didn’t he tell me himself about this dark past?” asked Yunha.

 

 

“Geugo.. Na eotteoke ara.. What he was thinking for not telling you.. I’m not him.” answered Jungwoo.

 

 

“But what I know is.. Yunha yah.. he chose you now. And you’re his everything. Maybe some things are not meant to be shared. Especially when it comes to a mistake made in the past. People tend to focus more on the present nowadays. That’s the best way to ducked the unnecessary stress.” Said Jungwoo.

 

 

“Maja Noona.. When I first got to know about it from Seulgi before. I feel like. I wished didn’t know about it but I’m thankful that Seulgi was honest to tell me. And with her honesty, It actually help me not to think negatively towards her dark past. And that’s why I have nothing but respect towards her.”

 

 

“For Jaehyun hyung, I can say that. I have faith in him. He won’t go back to Seulgi because he chose you and you only. You’re his fiancé and I hope you trust him enough.”

 

 

“Give him a chance to explain everything to you soon.” Said Haechan comforting his Noona. He really tried his best to help both Jaehyun and Yunha. Afterall, he wants his friends to be happy.

nct dream, gif, haechan and nct - image #6687640 on Favim.com

“Geurae? Haigooo..” Thanks guys. I really feel better after talking to you guys. I’ll call him soon once I gather my thoughts about everything.” Said Yunha as they clank their soju glasses again.

 

 

Just then Jaehyun approached her from behind and gave her a scare.

 

 

“Yuno??”