Gender Reveal

Replay (PM 01:27)

Johnny and Youngwon had decided to organize a gender reveal party for their Triplets eversince they came back from their checkup.

 

They had another 2 hour ultrasound today. Apparently the potatoes didn't fully cooperate a couple weeks ago so they needed to look at several more anatomy parts on each. Johnny asked their tech to officially show them "the goods" so He and Youngwon could see for themselves that what gender they were having. Yup, no denying it, all three were proudly showing off. They were moving around like crazy during the whole ultrasound, which didn't help matters... but it was fun to watch.

 

All the potatoes were pretty equally sized there's only a 6% difference between them, which is apparently a good thing. The tech said that with multiples they want them to have measurements less than 20% different from each other to be sure that one baby isn't getting more nutrients than the others. Yet another advantage of all three potatoes having their own placentas.

5948208a49159cf8a61a241659189c1822cc4d26.png

Baby Alpha is their heavy weight, currently weighing in at 1 lb, 5 oz/700g

b1ed88eeb153e66e2a61a486998262f3a7439c21.png

while Baby Boba and Baby Cupcake are both close behind at 1 lb, 3 oz/400g. each. Grow babies, grow!

 

 

"Did you expect it bubba?" asked Youngwon.

 

"No. i'm just thankful for whatever gender they were. Thank you baby for being so strong for our potatoes and for me. I love you so much." answered Johnny while kissing Youngwon's forehead.

 

 

 

"I shall asked Seulgi for help in organizing the party." said Youngwon.

 

 

 

"Ooo shall we invite the Seventeen members as well? Since you know the more the merrier. Plus its been a while since i met my cousin." muttered Johnny.

 

 

 

"Sure why not. I'll let Youngjae invite them through Dokyeom. Maybe we should invite your members as well. Also have you seen Minhyung? He looks sick in the latest SuperM comeback. I wish our potatoes will look like him. At least one of them please hahahah." answered Youngwon.

 

 

 

"Its a bummer that Jaehyun and Yunha are in Paris. I wonder how are they doing right now. Hopefully they made up. I saw Jaehyun sneak in a ring into his carrier the other day before he left. Not sure what is it for. But oh my god baby. What if he proposed?"

 

 

 

"takeeeee mushroom. That will be news!" Johnny exclaimed.

 

 

“Let’s facetime them during the party, who knows good news will come to us.” Replied Youngwon.


 

 

Gender Reveal Party

 

What a fun afternoon! Seulgi and Youngjae had blew the expecting couple away with all their thoughtful decorations and touches. It was so much more than what they had hoped for when they originally planned the event.

 

 

The party was held at Banyan Tree Hotel Club dining room, which was the perfect spot to host the group of about 40 people. Plenty of room to roam around, pretty views of the lake and the golf course.

 

When guests assembled for the party in honor of the “Eomma and Appa-to-be” Youngwon and Johnny, they knew it would be an extra special event. Johnny had asked Super Junior Shindong to help him document the vlog of the Gender reveal party. After all, the couple had said they were expecting twins in the first place to the public. None of their close friends knew they were expecting Triplets!

 

 

That meant there were not one but two boxes filled with balloons in a to-be-revealed color. Their Guests wagered bets on whether it would be pink or blue or maybe both!! The colored balloons would fly into the sky when the boxes were opened according to the widespread trend sweeping gender reveal parties.

56436fef497153f9314256449138309439e9ec1b.png

Youngwon was still floored that she is going to be a mom of 3 BABIES!!! She had mentioned to her girlfriends in the past few weeks that her confidence in her potatoes being the same gender guess was dwindling. Mini Johnnys’ would be nice. She even wore blue on that day and high possibility it was going be boys considering how she has been admiring Johnny’s fellow NCT member Mark.

 

 

However, Johnny and Youngwon were talking the day before their gender checkup and both agreed that they were totally confident that they would have a mix, whether it turned out to be 3 boys or 3 girls it didn’t really matter as long as the babies were healthy. That’s why, they were super excited to reveal the babies to their family and friends after their checkup the other day.

9790e2285c193ec74066d1be096055e6d6d41427.png

Seulgi and Youngjae had prepared three boxes labelled A, B and C. It pretty much blew the guests over that the couple are expecting triplets instead! Johnny’s friends and colleagues congratulated him and Youngwon for their multiple pregnancy. Even his Boss Lee Soo Man came!

Best Lee Soo Man GIFs | Gfycat

 

It was time to reveal the gender. Dugeun dugeun dugeun… Everyone was clasping their hands together hoping that their bets were right. The NCT and Seventeen members had placed most of their bets as Girls. NCT Dream member Na Jaemin even said cheekily, “Hyung can I date your daughter when she grows up?”

 

"Johnny do you mind if your cousin dates your daughter?" said Joshua from Seventeen. Apparently the two were distant cousins that most fans didnt know about. 

 

 

“Yah you will be too old for her..” said Johnny.

 

 

“Gwenchana. Age doesn’t matter.. hahahah.” Replied Shua.

 

 

“Okay I’ll think about it. Promise me you will love her as much as you love me.” Said Johnny pinky promising his cousin. Joshua is a very sweet guy so Johnny doesnt mind if he would date his daughter. But that will still take years for him to get to know her. HAHA.

I've Been Cleansed Hong Jisoo Seventeen My Edit Joshua My Gif ...

After each of the two boxes was opened, blue balloons soared into the air, signalling two boys! How thrilling for all assembled, right? But it turned out that the biggest secret was yet to come. The couple purposely didn’t open the last box as they wanted the element of suspense for the crowd.

 

After all the cheering and guessing, the last box revealed that the couple was actually expecting a baby girl!!!

ec1ffdc8a72403883cc21a917fa1a41b171ff823.png

“As a proud Father, I'm thrilled. Especially after their painful struggle in sustaining their relationship before this. I'm not going to lie, I was a bit terrified for them when I got to know Youngwon was pregnant. But I trusted my son in law. He took responsibility of my daughter and I’m proud to call him my son now.” said Youngwon’s father in Johnny’s JCC vlog.

 

 

“Just about every day, my friends told me, I don't know how you do it with two. And so I usually answer, I don't either because having multiples is a special kind of chaos.” Said Youngwon to the vlog.

 

 

So three?! Well, that's going to be a heck of a lot of work, for sure. But it's also going to be the most love-filled, thrilling, exciting journey of the Suhs' lives. Triple congrats to the parents to be!

46dc568d998ea346679f46dd2917bb8c3da06cc6.png

 

Youngwon and Johnny were absolutely thrilled, though 24 hours later Youngwon will still smile every time she thinks about the fact that she have 3 little baby boys and girl growing inside her!

 

 

Johnny has his boys team intact for many years to come, and he's already wondering how quickly he can get them up on skis. The gender-neutral nursery is a need now so it will be much easier to decide on decorations and finishing touches.

 

 

Now the question of how they will split them up once they've outgrown the nursery still remains on the docket. Their intention had always been to give the single boy or girl his or her own room and have the other two share. But maybe they'll all end up in their own rooms. Good thing Youngwon and Johnny have a couple years before they have to decide that one.

 

Their house will probably be insane and crazy for the next 18 years, but they couldn’t wait! Youngwon have been eyeing some adorable football onesies and hipster-type baby boy outfits for the past few weeks... and Johnny had been eyeing those cute little princess dresses for his baby girl. Guess it's OK to start stocking up now.

 

Here are some GIFs from Jaehyun and Yunha during the Facetime gender reveal.

dimp les shared by annabelle on We Heart ItJenny Jennie GIF - Jenny Jennie Kim - Discover & Share GIFs

Youngwon and Johnny were thankful that their family and friends were able to be with them when they reveal the exciting news.

 

“Chukahaeyo Hyung.. Noona.. Yunha and I are very excited for the both of you. Can’t wait to be back home to meet you guys.” Smiled Jaehyun.

 

“Yes.. and we also have a special something to share with yall..” said Yunha smiling from ear to ear.

 

“Wait. Seolma… Kim Yunha… are you and Jaehyun…..”