Two Lines

Replay (PM 01:27)

“.. Eotteokaji what do we do now? I meant me.. What do I do now.. Damn he is gonna freak out again if he knows I’m late.” Said Seulgi panicking.

 

 

“Calm down G. You’re making me nervous. Yahh.. you’re not the only one late. Plus me and Youngho did made a boo boo last freaking month. ” Youngwon said nervously.

 

 

“Then what about me??? Jungwoo will be shocked. Plus.. I swear we did with protection!” expressed Youngjae.

 

 

“Yah yah over hajima.. The FLO app might be wrong. I’m on my pill so its normal for me to be late. So I don’t think I should worry much. I guess??” said Yun-ha convincing the others.

 

 

“But do you think we should still tell them?” asked Seulgi. Seriously worried what if she is really pregnant.

 

 

“Yah sure up to you but not like openly. We don’t have to come clean in unity hahahahah oh my god. Please girls. Can we keep these things behind closed doors.” Said Yun-ha laughing awkwardly.

 

The girls fixed whatever they had to fix of their appearances and exited the washroom before they start overthinking things again. They went in the Noraebang room trying to hide their guilty faces. Jungwoo had sense something was up with Youngjae as she looked anxious. He came closer to her and asked if she is okay. She did look slightly pale. He wondered if Youngjae was not well due to the hangover.

image

“Uri Jagi..”

 

 

“Eo?”

 

 

“Jagi gwenchana? You looked pale.. Shall I take you back home?” asked Jungwoo concerned.

 

 

“Aniya.. aniya.. na gwenchana..”

 

 

“Andwaegetta.. Let’s go home..” Jungwoo insisted. So WooJae couple had excused themselves from the party.

 

SeulHyuck and Yun-Yun Couple were still going strong with the party. It’s been awhile since they all hang out together. So it was a nice way to distress as well. Seulgi was trying her best to put on her poker face but she was failing on the highest level.

 

Yun-ha who saw it kept nudging her to either relax or 'you know what come clean if you really can’t hide it.' Yun-ha is a strong minded girl. She doesn’t go around in circles. That’s why she can’t stand it when the girls are acting as though their innocent. Come on this is 2020. You did it, okay. Then? Flo app says High Chance of being pregnant. Then? You believe everything you see? Nonsense. It’s more logical if they get themselves a pregnancy test kit before panicking like this.

 

“Guise.. Shall we call it a night? It’s getting late too. Don’t you guys have schedules tomorrow haha” suggested Youngwon.

 

“Waeeee.. Noona.. It’s your celebration!! Wae.. You and Youngho hyung have some some going on later???” said Haechan raising his eyebrows.

 

“Donghyuck ah!” exclaimed Seulgi.

 

“Wae tto???” answered Haechan.

 

 

..

 

..

 

Silence.

 

“I’m late.”

like  this | Tumblr

Before Seulgi could answer anything Haechan said “Arasso arasso.. We’ll go home after this last song eo?”

 

“Yah Lee Haechan!” screamed Kim Yun-ha making the rest freeze. Haechan who was busy selecting a song also stopped what he was doing and looked at Yun-ha’s serious face.

 

“YAHHHH. Your girlfriend is late! And God Knows if she might be pregnant and you still want to sing a freaking song??” said Yun-ha in total frustration.

imageimageimage

Poor baby Haechan froze when he put down the remote he was holding on the room table. He simply stare at his girlfriend whose head hanged low, not moving. He didn’t know what to do or say. He’d mutter a sorry if there wasn’t a crowd in the room. He is too embarrassed to say it. Jaehyun who had observed the whole situation took his jacket off and covered Seulgi with it. He sat next to her, hand hovering her shoulders.

 

“Gwenchana.. gwenchana.. It’s going to be fine.” Said Jaehyun comforting Seulgi.

 

Johnny then acted like the sweetheart that he is. He was understanding and tried to analyzed the situation without letting his emotions get the better of him. He then approached Haechan and asked what he had planned to do now and that he would support whatever his decision may be.

 

Youngwon actually find the way the boys managed the situation so sweet that she would tell them how she wished if she were the one who is pregnant because of their great reaction. But of course she kept whatever she felt to herself.

 

“Jja.. Yeoreobun, it is not confirmed yet until we do a pregnancy test. Hyuck why don’t you bring Seulgi back home.”

 

“Seulgi.. stay calm and don’t panic. Ask manager noona to get a test kit tomorrow. Tonight you rest eo?” said Johnny being the big brother he is. Seulgi nodded. Haechan then took over Jaehyun and drove Seulgi back home. Yun-Yun and Youngie Couple had also made their way back to the respective homes. Phewww… what a night..


 

The next day.. at Youngwon’s apartment

 

Breathe in. Breathe out.

 

…..

 

Breathe in. Breathe out.

 

“Youngwon ah you can do this..”

 

It had been well past the time to check the results from the pregnancy test. Youngwon had bought the test kit from the pharmacy yesterday without Johnny's knowledge. Her shaking hands and shortness of breath had prevented her from checking the result earlier.

 

Sitting on the rim of the bath tub with one hand wrapped around the results, she finally took the courage to open her tightly shut eyes and loosened her hold on the tester.

Top 3 Reasons for a Faint Line on Pregnancy Test | LoveToKnow

Two lines.

 

Youngwon felt her heart sink at the result. Not because she didn’t want a baby, she had always wanted to be a mother.

 

Being a few years older than Johnny, she had graduated and had been working a few years longer than John.

 

The two of them had been dating for a while and engaged now. Youngwon couldn’t imagine life with anyone else but with Johnny.

 

However, her panic stemmed from the fact that she wasn’t sure if Johnny was ready for a baby or how it would affect their relationship. She just told him and her father that she wasn’t pregnant a few weeks ago. Look at her now. A tiny human is growing in her. :’) How would Johnny even react if she were to tell him?

 

“Youngwonnie??? Baby is everything okay in there?”

 

...

 

Youngwon hadn’t realized how long it took for her to take the test and that Johnny was already back from practice.

 

“Y-Yes everything is fine, I’ll be out soon.”

 

Quickly throwing the test back into the box and wrapping it tightly with a plastic bag, Youngwon opened the cabinet and threw it onto the top shelves.

 

Looking around to make sure she hadn’t left any evidence of the test, Youngwon took a deep breath and opened the bathroom door. Johnny was standing close to the door as she smiled at him lightly, although Youngwon tried her best to avoid his gaze.

 

“Baby…”

 

Johnny took a step closer to Youngwon and held her wrist lightly, pulling her towards him. “Are you not feeling well? You look pale.”

 

Youngwon ran her fingers through her hair, “I’m fine, I must have ate something wrong for lunch.”

 

Johnny nodded, “Alright, I’ll take a shower and be right out. You rest okay?”

 

Youngwon nodded and took a seat on the couch, turning on the television and watching whatever was on absent-mindedly.

 

Wild thoughts began to run in her head…

 

“How should I tell him?”

 

“Should I not tell him at all?”

 

Well, she will have to tell him at some point…

 

It was then that the scariest thought ran through Youngwon’s head.

 

Unlike her, Johnny wasn’t a normal member of society. He had an image to upkeep, specifically one where having a child will do him no good. Although Youngwon knew she was important to Johnny, she knew how hard Johnny had worked and how much he loved being an idol. What if he chooses his career over her and their child?

 

Youngwon heard the door to the bathroom unlock as Johnny came out in a fresh pair of Hoodie and sweatpants, his damp hair slightly covering his eyes.

48999c2604be91e858803fa3bab9205f2cb8e878.png

He walked over and sat next to Youngwon on the couch, putting a hand over the backside of the couch while smoothing down her hair. It was an action that would usually make Youngwon feel butterflies in her stomach, but today tears welled up in her eyes.

 

Before a tear slipped out. Youngwon lay down on the couch, placing her head lightly on Johnny’s lap. He chuckled before running his hands through Youngwon’s hair. If only they could stay like this forever.


 

The next day Johnny woke Youngwon up with a bouquet of baby pink daisies and sweet potato milk.

 

With Youngwon’s mood feeling a bit better today, a sweet smile lit up her face, “What’s the occasion?” Johnny shrugged before smiling widely.

 

“Just wanted to say ‘I love you’ differently today.” Johnny took Youngwon’s hand, helping her step out of bed.

 

“Let’s go out for brunch.”

 

Going into a reserved room, the owner of the restaurant (who happened to be Johnny’s friend) came to take their order.

 

As Johnny ordered off the menu, Youngwon noticed he was a bit more attentive today.

 

“Make sure to include a lot of vegetables and can you make sure the meat is more lean than usual?”

 

The owner chuckled, “Of course. By the way, the wine I’ve been coveting since last month finally came in. Should I pour a cup for the two of you?”

 

Youngwon thought she saw Johnny slightly glance at her before shaking his head. “Maybe next time. Instead could you get us two cups of lemonade?”

 

The owner nodded before going off to process the order. Johnny smiled at Youngwon excitedly from across the table. Youngwon wasn’t sure why Johnny was so happy today but she was glad he rejected the wine, how was she supposed to explain to him that she couldn’t drink it? And how did he know she was craving something sour?

 

Could he…perhaps have… Heard her talking about it in her sleep?


 

 

“Yahhhh.. Youngwon ah? Is everything okay?” asked Johnny.

 

As soon as the two of them arrived home Youngwon had locked herself in the washroom. She had started to feel nauseous in the car ride home and had felt the need to vomit as soon as the two of them arrived.

 

Once Youngwon was done she had fallen exhaustedly to the floor. It was only the beginning, was it going to be possible for her to keep this up. How was she going to explain this to Johnny her fiancè? He would figure out sooner or later.

 

Youngwon broke down crying, knowing that she was going to need to rely on someone during this time. Youngwon knew that keeping the pregnancy a secret would only make things more stressful for her and that wasn’t going to be good for the baby either. Besides, she knew she wasn’t going to be able to fully enjoy her time with Johnny while keeping such a big secret behind his back. Youngwon had wiped her tears, determined to tell him now.

 

She opened the bathroom door to a worried Johnny.

 

“Youngwon ah! You scared me half to death, why didn’t you respond?”

 

Youngwon took a deep breath as she walked into the living room and sat on the couch. Johnny followed suit and scooted close to Youngwon holding her arms gently. “Baby?”

 

Through Youngwon swollen eyes, Johnny knew she had been crying.

 

“I have something to tell you.”

 

Johnny nodded.

 

“I…”

 

“Youngho, I’m…” Youngwon covered her face with her hands. The attentive way Johnny looked at her wasn’t helping. She was so afraid of how his expression would change once the news was out. While Youngwon bawled her eyes out, she felt him get up from his seat.

 

Once Johnny returned, he shook Youngwon’s arm lightly, as if he was telling her to look at him.

 

“Youngwon ah…”

 

With a tear stained face Youngwon turned towards Johnny as he smiled. He held a scrapbook in his hand, the cover had the words ‘The Story of Us so Far’ sprawled out across it. Johnny patted the back of his neck nervously.

 

cbc469e88135cfaaa04189fa79e19be8a9c37a20.jpg

“I was going to give it to you when you break the news to me… which I guess is now.” Johnny bit his lip as Youngwon opened up the first page.

 

The first photo had been posted, a polaroid selfie of him with Youngwon’s positive pregnancy test kit. The caption said ‘Shhh! Don’t tell Eomma that I know!’

 

Youngwon tears began to well up as she bawled out loud again. Johnny laughed as he began to wipe her tears.

 

“Eo-Eotteokke ara?”

 

Johnny tried to control his laughter, “Why would you try to hide it by putting it next to my face wash?”

 

Youngwon cried harder and threw herself onto Johnny and hugged him tightly, “I-I don’t know why I’m crying but you d-don’t know how happy I am… I was scared y-you were going to leave me, to leave us.”

 

Johnny hugged her back, “You silly baby, I would never do that. I promise I will only treat you better from now on.” Johnny looked down to smile at Youngwon, tapping her nose lightly.

 

“And you’re crying ‘cause you’re sensitive and emotional. It’s normal when you’re pregnant.”

 

Youngwon wiped her tears. “Jinjjaru?”

 

Johnny nodded. “You should have seen Taeyongie sister’s emotions when she was pregnant. I mean she’s usually fiery already but when she was pregnant she had a temper worse than Godzilla.” Yes, Johnny is like the third son of Taeyong’s family. So he knows almost everything.

 

Youngwon laughed as she began to wipe the tears from her face.

 

“Do you think we could do this? Like, seriously be parents?”

 

Johnny held onto Youngwon’s hands firmly. “I’m more than ready. I know that you’re nervous and everything… I promise to try and be there every step of the way. I’m your fiancé remember?” 

 

"Babyyy.. You're gonna be a big sister now!!! Eomma is pregnant!!!!" Johnny exclaimed while running to catch Baby who is coming towards him. Meowwwwwwwwmmy??~

Kittens Meowing GIF - Kittens Meowing Kitty - Discover & Share GIFs

Suddenly Johnny’s phone beeped. Leaving him unread iMessages.

1f0e675ccad65915d9fa09134485b290498ab8ae.jpg