Welcome Triplets!

Replay (PM 01:27)

26 weeks into Youngwon's pregnancy, the couple made an appointment with a High Risk Pregnancy Specialist for an evaluation. The couple had name their babies, they knew where they were, in what position they were in Youngwon's stomach. Johnny and Youngwon will talk to each baby often before going to bed. They were pretty much very attached to their babies.

 

Questions | At First Glance Ultrasound Studio | El Cerrito | 3D/4D/HD3d GIF on GIFER - by ManadarPhoto credit: Nana George 33 weeks pregnant, ultrasound | 33 weeks pregnant,  4d ultrasound, 16 weeks pregnant ultrasound

"Look at them moving.." Said Youngwon looking at the ultrasound monitor.

 

 

"Who do you think my baby girl look like?"

 

 

"I must say.. She looks like Youngho sshi."

 

 

"Youngho??? Hmmmmm okayyy. She is going to be his princess after all once she is born." sighed Youngwon as she lets out a small chuckle.

 

 

The Specialist then said. "Being pregnant with multiple pregnancy, could have a risk for you Youngwon sshi."

 

 

"There is a problem with the two identical twin babies."

 

 

The babies have two separate sacs but shared one placenta. One could take all the nutrients and not give to the other any nutrients at all. And which the baby could not continue to develop and it will jeopardize the entire pregnancy. And at that point Youngwon and Johnny might lose all three of their babies.

 

 

The doctor talked about a potential in what they called Selective Reduction. Where the couple could actually abort one pregnancy or even two. Youngwon look at Johnny and said absolutely not. She doesnt care if it kills her. She was determined to continue with the multiple pregnancy.

 

 

After the appointment, Youngwon went back to her normal life and went to work as per normal. She wasnt showing as though she was carrying triplets and she worked up till the day before she goes for labour.

 

 

Despite the risk, Youngwon and Johnny decides to move forward with the pregnancy. They were nervous and worried. The doctor had advised them to go for monitoring check-ups every week just to make sure the babies are healthy and Youngwon was also healthy.

 

 

As the weeks go by, the triplets appears to be developing normally and Youngwon was a healthy soon to be mother.

 

At 29 weeks, they reached a crucial milestone where the couple could finally breathe a huge sigh of relief. They have made passed the dangerous times to the point where if the babies were born early. They will be alright.


 

They were out of the woods they thought, until the 33 weeks mark when Youngwon went to her next pre-natal visit.

Diagnostic Medical Sonography - Associate Degree | University of Alaska  Anchorage

They could sense something was wrong when the Sonographer had asked to call the Doctors and Specialist in charge of Youngwon to look at the ultrasound. It wasnt the normal monitoring check-ups like they did previously.

 

 

“The risk for the babies included what’s called twin to twin transfusion syndrome. Being identical twins for the boys, there can often be a reversal of blood flow across the placentas. One baby could consider be the donor and another one the recipient.”

 

 

“It appears that Baby C is receiving all the nutrients in the placenta while his brother baby B is getting none.” Explained the Specialist.

 

 

It’s a highly dangerous situation. The doctor wanted Youngwon and Johnny to go home and pack their bags and get to the hospital right away. No matter what they are going to deliver the first thing in the morning.

 

 

Early the next morning, Youngwon was wheeled into the Operation Theatre for an Emergency C-section.

 

 

There were a team of skilled doctors and nurse in scrubs. They allowed Johnny in the room in all Scrubs and Masked up. Johnny was able to watch the whole entire thing.

 

 

Johnny was excited and nervous at the same time because the babies are coming. The babies are still 10 weeks early.

 

 

After a while, Baby A (Suh A-Reum) was out first and healthy at 7:37 am. A-Reumie looked really good. Really healthy. Johnny was overwhelmed with joy. A-Reum, Johnny's first baby girl looked perfect.

Newborn after birth | High-Quality People Images ~ Creative Market

 

Next was the Identical Twins turn. Baby B that Johnny and Youngwon named Suh Ja-Din. The one who stopped growing came out at 7:38am.

 

 

Ja Din didnt look good at all. He was like in a greyish colour. The tiniest baby Johnny and Youngwon had seen in their entire life. He was only weighing at 900 grams and instantly, the nurses took him away because it appeared that he wasn't breathing. Johnny had to forced himself to stay put next to Youngwon because everything inside him was making him go over to Ja Din. But he couldnt. The staff didnt let him near Ja Din or let him see his baby.

 

 

They went from the happiest moment to Oh My Gosh that’s their child. "Is He going to live or is He going to die?" Johnny thought in his mind.

 

 

Baby C (Suh Ja-Bin) the other identical twin were the last to be delivered at 7:40am and he didnt look as good as A-Reumie. But they could tell that Ja Binnie was still a healthy baby and was okay.

 

 

Youngwon asked if they look tiny to Johnny, "They looked Teeny sweetheart. But they're very adorable." answered Johnny while Youngwon’s head.

Pin on my mans

 

"Alright, we knew they were going to be little. So it’s alright. Dont worry Youngwon sshi." said the Doctor.

 

 

"Thank you. You're doing a wonderful job, Ssaem." said Youngwon.

 

 

Once all the babies were out. They were put to the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. The couple were concerned about all three of their babies as they weren’t able to see them properly yet.

 

 

Doctors are always worried about premature babies as they could behave differently once they are born. And the most significant issue is Respiratory Distress syndrome. That they may acquire Oxygen. They could also have problems with their eyes developing now or even later.

 

 

In addition, this babies can experience significant problems later in their lives. Things like Cerebral Palsy, Neurogical defects and etc. A variety of mental and physical handicaps were possible deferring to the babies development.

 

 

The staffs really empathize with the parents that have to have their babies separated from them after birth. But the parents still has to remember that the babies are still small and they are still bound and exposed to have complications. But so far, all praise the Lord. The babies were fine. :)

 

 

A few hours apart after the caesarean, Youngwon was able to sit on the wheelchair and visit her babies to have the initial physical contact between the Mommy and the baby.

What your newborn baby looks like

 

The moment where she first hold her baby girl A-Reum. She felt so right. Tears started falling and Johnny who was looking over his two baby boys were also crying looking at how beautiful Youngwon and A-Reumie were together. He went closer to Youngwon and bump his head against hers, staring at their baby girl. Tears. Just tears of joy welcoming their babies. :')

 

 

"We were only a few hours apart but i already miss you." said Youngwon hugging A-Reumie tightly but gently. It feels good to be reunited with her baby.

 

593ed0ba2200003d00c6d949.jpeg?ops=scalefit_960_noupscale

Next was Johnny's turn to have skin to skin contact with his Twin Baby Boy Ja Bin. Ja Binnie was crying cutely. Ja Bin was the third one out. "Just look at his eyes looking at me, he is such a cutie patootie." muttered Johnny.

 

 

Their other twin baby boy Ja Din was still in the incubator and was heavily wired with all the man-made support to keep him alive. After Youngwon put A-Reumie back to her crib. She was wheeled to see her second born. Youngwon gently approached Ja Din and held up his leg that was the nearest to reach as she was still on the wheelchair. She kissed his tiny feet that was only the size of her finger multiple times.

 

b373c8db5f167e8c06b37c4a9c52e9f4d252a110.png

 

Ja Din's chest were heaving up and down softly as he was very tiny. "You're such a strong little fighter Dindinnie. Thank you for being born and Eomma loves you so much." :')

 

68c259244f888b879fb8df7b100e5cc07b16f4d3.png

 

The doctors told them that they are not out of the woods by any means. They told them to take day by day. Hour by hour at first. The doctors told them they will have a honeymoon period where the babies will do great. But at a certain point the couple should expect setbacks that happens to all Premature Babies.

 

 

The babies continue to stay in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit even after Youngwon was discharged from the hospital the next two days.


 

 

 

Soon after being released from the hospital, Youngwon’s internal stitches from the caesarean began leaking.

 

 

And all of a sudden, Youngwon's life was in danger......

 

 

When the surgeon saw her after being rushed to the hospital. It was immediate that he said Youngwon was going straight to surgery.

 

 

He would clear all his schedules for the day and operate her now. Because in the morning, if they don’t get this done right now. Youngwon could be dead. She was very sick. Johnny who never left Youngwon's sight reassured her that everything is going to be okay and he will be waiting for her till the surgery is over. Johnny loves Youngwon with his life. He prayed that Haneul-nim was with him and HE will help his little family escaped these mother nature misery. 

 

 

Youngwon was a touch and go patient for a while when the emergency surgery corrects the problem.

 

 

Thankfully, the surgery was successful. Weeks after the surgery, Youngwon was already up from her hospital bed to see her Babies as often as she could cause the Babies were still staying in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit for 7 days in a week.

 

Fussiness in Premature Babies

 

To everyone relief, after nearly two months in the Neonatal Intensive Care unit. The triplets have finally completed their 43 weeks growth and are all doing well enough that they are clear to go home. :')

Rare Identical Triplets Have Mom Thrilled and Nervous - ABC News

 

A-Reum, Ja Bin, Ja Din and Youngwon were brought home and were greeted by an army of cheerleaders from the couple's parents and close friends. Youngwon's dad were present. Johnny's parents flew from Chicago to visit them. Almost all of the NCT members were present followed by Yunha, Youngjae and members of Red Velvet. Welcome Home Triplets! :)