All for You

Replay (PM 01:27)

Youngjae was exhausted, and not just from the constant tossing and turning she had been doing for the past hour and a half. Youngjae hadn’t gotten a good night’s sleep in months and when she did sleep, nightmares would invade her subconscious almost instantly. All Youngjae wanted was a good night’s sleep at least for one day.

 

Youngjae lay awake, staring at the ceiling, that she could now see the details of because her eyes were so used to the darkness. Her alarm clock read 1:27am and here she was. She had abandoned all hope.

 

Youngjae was tired, not just physically, but emotionally. She didn’t care how weak she looked, or how weak he was going to deem her. Youngjae needed him, even if it was a quick hug or some encouraging words before coming back here to try and sleep. She needed him, desperately. Kim Jungwoo what has he done to her.

 

“Andwaegettaaaa.. Sleep won’t make me any younger.” Said Youngjae.

 

The clock had passed Midnight and that means Youngjae had just turned 25 years old. It is her birthday today and she is spending it all alone in her officetel. She can’t help but thought of the promises that Jungwoo and her made before. It was supposed to be the first time celebrating her birthday together.

 

YJ searched for her phone, unlocks it and immediately received message notifications from her bestfriends. One of them was from Yun-ha wishing her happy birthday. It was a video message of her and Jaehyun saying;

donghyuck gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

Yunha: “Youngjae Pabo!! Saengil Chukahaeeee!! Bogoshipohseo yah yen-ma~ When are you gonna hang out with me eo.. Stop hanging out with DK dude.. He brings nothing but bad luck. Ahahahahahah jokes.”

 

Jaehyun: Youngjae ah neol Gwenchana.. eo?? Ayy don’t be so hard on yourself. It’s been months already. I wish you nothing but happiness eo. Don’t forget to eat. DK told me that you’re getting skinnier~

 

Both: We missed you Youngjae yah!! Let’s meet up soon okay! Once again Happy Birthday! :)

 

Youngjae smiled watching the video, look at them two. Still going strong despite all the challenges they had faced. It’s been awhile since the HS127 squad hang out. Youngjae had been avoiding them because firstly, she’s embarrassed to face them. Second, she doesn’t want to make the atmosphere awkward if she and Jungwoo were put in the same room together. Especially after what had happened. Even after 4 months, the incident still haunts her.

 

Following the video message from Yun-Yun couple, YJ also received messages from Youngwon and Seulgi Eonnie. Not forgetting, the 127 boys whom were close to her such as Johnny, Taeyong, Haechan, Mark, Doyoung and Taeil. They were all birthday messages but one of them attracted Youngjae’s attention. And it was from Taeil;

6d3e65b482e2b9c8c85740aa1d275afff062e38e.png

Taeil is Jungwoo’s closest Hyung in NCT. He worries a lot about Jungwoo and he was one of the biggest cheerleader for WooJae couple. He must have been real concerned about their well-being knowing that they broke up. After reading Taeil’s message, Youngjae immediately stood up from her bed, walked to her wardrobe and put on a cardigan to go out of her house.

 

It was cold outside when Youngjae went out for some fresh air to clear her mind. The cold wind blows through her hair sending shivers down her spine. Taeil’s message wasn’t really a birthday message. It was more like an SOS message. Where did Jungwoo go? Not helping that it is already late at night.

 

She braved herself to make a call to Jungwoo. She figured even if there are no chances of them getting back together, the least she could do is to make sure Jungwoo was safe and okay as a friend. A friend that she had loved before. She dialed Jungwoo’s number on her phone. Her surroundings were pretty quiet and the only thing that was being heard was the ringing sound of her phone call to Jungwoo.

 

After four rings…

 

“Yeobosaeyo..”

….

..

..

“Jungwoo?”

..

..

“Eo..”

..

..

..

“Neo.. Jigeum.. Eodiya?

..

..

“Na?”

“Neo dwihae..”

..

..

..

Youngjae turned around. A smile spread through her face as she spotted a familiar boy standing at the lamp post looking at her with his usual bright expression. She sprinted to him and Jungwoo immediately wrapped his arms around Youngjae’s waist and pressed his lips against her forehead. The two were hugging so passionately. Youngjae felt Jungwoo pause for a moment as he started sniffing her hair.

 

“What are you doing? and what are you doing here??” Youngjae questioned him with laughter in her voice at Jungwoo’s strange behavior.

 

“You smell like chocolate and sweets, did you visit a bakery just now?” Jungwoo asked innocently, but Youngjae felt her heart drop at the sudden question. Swallowing hard, she tried to keep her composure. She was just glad to see Jungwoo and surprisingly Jungwoo was not acting like a stranger to her.

 

“Oh, I went to my mum’s house this morning and she was making cookies for my birthday,” answered Youngjae hoping Jungwoo notices the birthday hint.

 

“Oh did you bring some for me then? Wait you didn’t shower before going to bed?” Jungwoo said with his usual grin.

 

“Nope.”

 

Jungwoo then poked Youngjae’s cheek and pouted at her. He started nagging about sweets and also about not showering. Making Youngjae feel at ease seeing that Jungwoo is back to his normal self.

 

“Arasso arasso.. Next time, I will,” Youngjae replied in pretense while the two of them continued the unexpected encounter and walked back to Youngjae’s apartment while still holding hands.

 

Time seemed to fly by and after walking back to Youngjae’s place, they arrived back to her apartment.

Related image

“Do you want anything to drink?” asked Youngjae.

 

“Mul..” Jungwoo said while putting away his shoes and going to the sofa at the living room.

 

“Here you go..” said Youngjae passing him a glass of water.

 

Relaxing on the sofa and staring at the ceiling, Jungwoo’s mind was running wild about the possibilities. Maybe he should make the first move to talk things out with Youngjae. Ignoring what had happened between them won’t help if he wants to move forward with Youngjae in future. While he still contemplates, Youngjae decided to break the ice.

 

“Jungwoo, is something wrong?” She asked as Jungwoo look tense.

 

“I’m actually… nervous to see you..”

 

“This is so weird..”

 

“I’ve only seen you from afar since we broke up.. I didn’t get a lot of sleep last night too,” Jungwoo replied with a slightly forced smile. Youngjae could see how exhausted he was and pulled him close for a hug which he reciprocated after hesitating for a second.

..

..

.

.

“But seeing you again for real up close, makes me so happy...”

 

“Lie on my lap and get some rest then. You should have told me this before so I could have come over instead to take care of you Jungwoo yah,” Youngjae scolded Jungwoo gently. Like a puppy, Jungwoo rested his head on Youngjae’s thigh, as she lightly his hair. Seeing that something else was also bothering him, Youngjae decided to express her true feelings.

 

“Honestly, Jungwoo.. I can’t actually believe you’re here. Especially on my birthday.”

 

“It has been months since and I still couldn’t forgive myself for hurting you.”

 

“Jungwoo to be really honest. DK and I…

 

Unnoticed by Youngjae, Jungwoo’s body tensed and his lips formed a sad pout at the mention of his nemesis name.

 

“Shouldn’t you be with him now, celebrating your birthday.. Your whatever relationship with DK???!!” Jungwoo interrupted as he couldn’t hold it in anymore. Blinking rapidly, Youngjae looked down at him in shock.

 

“W-what? Why would I be with him when I’m here with you?” Youngjae asked in genuine confusion. Seeing the sincerity in her eyes, Jungwoo immediately regretted his outburst.

 

“I’m sorry. It’s just sometimes I wonder why you choose to be with me when there’s great guys like DK out there,” Jungwoo apologized in a soft voice.

 

In a completely solemn tone, Youngjae stated, “Jungwoo, I choose to be with you because you’re the sweetest guy I’ve ever met. And there’s no one out there in the world that can make me happier. Not DK, not anyone. By the time I list out all the reasons why I want to be with you, then Taeil oppa might finally get a girlfriend.”

 

At the last part, Jungwoo had to burst into laughter at the indirect shade of the always-single Taeil. And his heart was swelling at Youngjae’s words that washed away all doubts about himself.

 

"Taeil oppa told me about you not going back home until late at dawn.. Where were you?"

 

"Honestly, i was always near you.. I sound like a stalker am i?"

 

"I wasn't creeping on you but it just so happen that i keep coming to your area when i am deep into my thoughts.. about you" Jungwoo words made Youngjae teared. She doesn't deserved this man she thought.

 

“Saranghae Youngjae ah.. Shall we...

 

"Start over?” he whispered, while his hands caressed Youngjae’s cheeks.

 

“Jjodu mani mani saranghae. I will try my hardest to win your trust back Jungwoo yah.. I’m really sorry for what had happened to us. There is really nothing going on between me and him.. It was just a huge mistake over the influence of alcohol.. It’s my fault for being careless. ”

 

“I’m sorry I didn’t know about Halmeoni too. I’m sorry for not being there for you when you’d already asked me to tag along the other time. I should have known.. Arghh jjaknaman.. No.. forget it.. I don’t think I deserved you.. I don’t deserved to be loved..” Youngjae started to overthink and bursting to tears. The rollercoaster of emotions people go through for the ones they love is astounding.

 

“Hey hey.. Youngjae yah..”

 

“Sshhhhh.. Gwenchana.. I’m fine.. Everything will be fine now..”

 

“I will not try to trust you Youngjae-” said Jungwoo sititng up facing directly at Youngjae.

 

“because the trust i have for you has never left.”

 

“It’s just that at that time, when I saw you, I just felt my world crumbling.. I felt betrayed and I didn’t gave you a chance to explain yourself properly. I’ve ignored all my conscience.”

 

“*Sighs* I’ve heard enough things from DK through Jaehyun hyung and like we both know that what had happened was just a huge misunderstanding. After some time apart from each other, I only realized that i just wanna be for you.”

 

“You just need to stay by my side, just as you are right now..”

 

“Youngjae ah, even if I’m born again…”

 

“I want to look at only you forever..” Jungwoo said all of that and embraced the cry baby Youngjae.

 

WooJae couple really love each other and it would have been a waste if they didn’t get to continue their love story together. WooJae couples’ bright smiles had returned, and the two of them spent the night sharing stories about all the hilariously stupid things that they did while being apart.

 

“Eoo.. Youngjae ah..”

 

“Hmmm?”

 

“Saengil Chukahae..”

 

“Nae Sarang.”

tumblr_p65umhOA711umx4tgo6_1280.jpg