Bami Shijang

Replay (PM 01:27)

After the wild mafia game ended, the squad made their way to Sumokwon Night Market. The latest trending location for nightlife in Jeju-do. It is located near Halla Arboreteum which is located at the East Side of the island.

The market draws in as many tourists as the popular night markets in Seoul. The entire area is decorated in cute photo zones and features both local specialty products and handmade items. The squad could actually get their dinner from the food trucks, such as giant turkey drumsticks, beef steaks, buttered shrimps or drinks of all choice, to quench any late-night cravings!

95da0f0f-2c11-4b64-b60d-fd4f12301aee.jpg

After about a 40-minute drive from their Airbnb, they arrived in front the entrance. It was still early as the sun were just about to set. The squad came in two cars as the 8 of them were not able to fit into one car. Thankfully, most of them had driving license. So they had rented out two cars making their ride for the trip a breeze.

“Wahhhhhhh eumsik neomu manaaa.. Where do we even start?” said Seulgi.

“Let’s spilt and meet up back here maybe in half an hour? Considering there is a long line for most foods.” Johnny suggested.

“Let’s all order extra food so we can share. But not so much though. Yuno and I will go and queue for the Turkey leg. Anyone else wants?” asked Yun-ha. Haechan, Seulgi and Jungwoo raised their hands showing their interest.

“Okay how about beef cube steaks? Anyone?” suggested Youngwon. All of them quickly raised their hands. Well no one can say no to Gogi. “Okay chowaseo. John ah.. kaja.”


 

Jungwoo and Youngjae went to find fluffy pancakes for the squad. Youngjae has a sweet tooth so usually she eats desserts for every meal. “Aigoooo… we need to cut down on your sugar intake.” Said Jungwoo.

“Waeeeee… Desserteu mashiseooo.” Replied Youngjae almost sulking to Jungwoo’s comment. She then let go of her boyfriend’s hand walking ahead of him. Jungwoo quickly chase her trying to console his child-like girlfriend.

“Ani. Baby.. You gotta eat some rice too. If not, you’re gonna get diabetes.”

“YAHHHHH KIM JUNGWOO. There is no rice in a freaking night market.”

“Isseoo.. Yah ige Hanguk shijangiya.” Argued Jungwoo.

“Eodi.. eodi.. I don’t see it. Whatever okay. I’m just gonna buy fluffy pancakes. If you don’t want. I’ll eat it by myself. Neol GAAA..”

4202978afd2c1055238d938e53fdee363970ea7a.gifv

“GAAAAAAAA.. Dara hajima..” said Youngjae shoo-ing Jungwoo away because she was slightly annoyed. This is normal though for Jungwoo. Sometimes, they will fight over the littlest things. He then walked away to find Jaehyun and Yun-ha who was still queueing for the Famous Turkey leg.


 

In front of a Craft Beer Truck

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia-times-brightspot.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fa4%2F7f%2Fe4b5fc5495ca6f88e6120b2e6b99%2Fla-dd-beer-belly-anniversary-bruery-collaborat-003

“Mekju hallae?” Haechan asked Seulgi.

“Call. But let’s not drink too much today Hyuck ah. The last time we drank, you went crazy. You were so heavy to carry back home.” Answered Seulgi pinching Haechan’s right cheek.

cf01746dae7b77dfcc6328441cf9351543f441f3.gifv

“But I’m cute right when I’m drunk right?” said Haechannie back hugging Seulgi and giving her a peck on her cheeks. Seulgi turned around and returned the peck on Haechan’s lips. Making Haechan almost losing his mind. “Andwaegetta.. Let’s not go back to our Airbnb tonight. Let’s go somewhere else.”

“Yah yah.. Behave.” Said Seulgi smacking her uncontrollable boyfriend. Cute. Haechan and Seulgi are very comfortable displaying their affection towards each other now after opening up about relationship to the public. They didn’t even care if there were a crowd surrounding them. Their turn was up for them to place an order. They had ordered a total of two trays of beer. Seems like a lot but for 8 people, it’s about right.


 

Jaehyun, Yun-ha, Young-won and Johnny ended up queuing together as the foodtrucks of their food choice were next to each other. That’s when they saw Jungwoo walking towards them alone.

“Yah why are you here. Where’s Youngjae?” asked Jaehyun.

“Ahh molla. She’s angry right now so I’m just gonna give her space.” Answered Jungwoo.

“Wae?? What did you do? Napeun jashikkie” asked Johnny. Jungwoo just shrugged his shoulders. Young-won then pat his back assuring him that Youngjae will be fine after a while.

“Did you nag at her again? What is it about now? Let me guess? Sweets?” asked Yun-ha. Rubbing salt into the wound. Haha.

“Yun-ha.. Why did you ask if you already knew.” Said Jaehyun nudging Yun-ha arms.

“Ani… WooJae couple is too sweet that’s why they have to fight about sweets as well. Hahahahh jokes.”

“Jungwoo yah.. why don’t you queue with Jaehyunnie and I’ll go bring your girlfriend back.” Offered Yun-ha.

“Eo.” Answered Jungwoo short.

“You owe me for this one eo. Jashik,” said Yun-ha breaking away from the squad to find Youngjae.


 

After searching high and low, Yun-ha had found Youngjae in front of a foodtruck called ‘Ddong Bbang’. Which means ‘Poop Bread’. Koreans have a weird obsession with poop. As least it seems like it, judging from the many food stands around Seoul selling “poop bread”, or Ddong Bbang in Korean.

It is made of a pancake-like dough and filled with a mixture of sweet red-bean and custard or sometimes chocolate. You can find the same dessert in the shape of a fish, sometimes even topped with ice-cream on night markets in Seoul. Surprisingly Jeju-do has it too!

img_3609.jpg?w=1536

“Yah, Yoo Youngjae.. Why did I have to find you here? DDONG??? Neo waegeurae?” said Yun-ha laughing at her bestfriend.

“Shut up. I’m so mad right now that this poop bread just reminds me of him!” answered Youngjae.

“Yah.. you know you’re being childish now, right? You know Jungwoo cares alot about you.”

“Ara.. But Still!”

“Yah yah.. Geumanhaera jeom. Quickly get your Ddong Bbang and let’s go back to the squad. Maybe after this we can find a place to sit and eat.” Said Yun-ha convincing her bestfriend.

She knew her bestfriend can’t be mad for long. Just give her sweets and she’ll be fine in a spilt second. Not all the time, but most of the time it works. It takes a lot for Youngjae to be real mad and of course only Yun-ha could understand her truly.


 

The squad finally sat down on a picnic mat that Youngwon bought while walking around. They had bought a total of 8 dishes to share.

d542e98cb3e9024c132e36987d26f7cd4a30a0d7.png

Jungwoo quickly apologized to his sulking girlfriend in the cutest way ever. The squad laughed at how Youngjae failed to be angry with Jungwoo. No one can stop the cutie. They ate everything within minutes. The turkey leg was extremely delish. No wonder its popular among the youngster.

“Ja.. ja.. where do we go for our second round?” Haechan suggested while drinking his beer.

“Yah neo micheoseoo. I’m about to unbuckle my pants because I ate so much already.” Said Jaehyun. Everyone else agrees to Jaehyun’s statement. But Haechannie still wants to have fun. I think it’s the beer that is doing the talking for him.

“I’ll stay out with him if he still wants to hang out.” Seulgi commented. The 127 boys were already giving her the looks. She knew what they meant but shook it off because considering that Haechannie is already drunk. She might as well make sure he returns home safe after some fun. Please. Not that kind of fun. Tsk.

“Why don’t we go play at the nearby Theme Park. Not sure if they are still open. But I know there is Virtual Reality game center that Haechannie likes.” Young-won suggested. She knows the stuff as she was and still is a Tour Guide.

“Okay Shall we?” said Johnny.

“We shall.. BUT FIRST! Hyung.. Noona? Are you forgetting something?" said Haechan looking at Jungwoo and Youngjae.

"AHHHHHHHHHHH.. I ALMOST FORGET ABOUT IT!!" exclaimed Jungwoo.

"Okay Jungwoo.. Youngjae.. Please do the honours and embarassed yourself by doing "Blackpink's How You Like That" viral video." said Yun-ha.

"I'll help take a video and post it. HAHAHAHAHAH." offered Johnny.

And so.....

c167624ce86b694bbebd47850e34c90b2840cf81.gifvcbd282bcd5a5073623c7031fcbb1ec486eb6b0a8.gifvf78499c39c50aef1b3fd14cc4bac38f2eed6c68a.gifv

"OMG I NEVER BEEN THIS EMBARASSED ALL MY LIFE. I NEED TO REFLECT ON MY SINS RIGHT NOW." said Youngjae.