영원히 (Forever)

Replay (PM 01:27)

Another rainy morning in Jeju-do..

 

“Youngwon-ah..”

image

Young-won’s beauty sleep under the pouring rain was interrupted by a soft murmur calling her name beside her. Thank the heavens that it was just Johnny not a ghost or anything else. She sit up from the bed and in front of her stood a soaked Johnny, from head to toe.

 

The ends of his reddish-brown hair were dripping little droplets to the floor. His clothes were drenched by the rain. His panting and his forearms on the edge of the bedframe only told her that Johnny had just came back from his morning jog. Plus, he didn’t look that well.

 

“Youngho?” Youngwon rubbed her eyes, wiping away any sleep that dwelled in them. “What’s wro-“

 

Youngwon didn’t even finished her sentence when she felt her whole pjs getting wet. Her skin felt cool with the touch of Johnny, his chin on her shoulder, goosebumps soon crept all around her body. Johnny embraced Youngwon in a hug, tightening as each second came.

 

Nct Nct127 GIF - Nct Nct127 Kpop GIFs

 

Johnny didn’t say a word for a minute, only taking his time to catch his breath. During this, Young-won was confused but she figured that Johnny needed someone right now. Johnny somehow felt warm when he felt Young-won arms wrap around his body, it made him smile.

 

Johnny sighed before telling Young-won something unexpected, “I had a nightmare about you baby.”

 

Young-won eyes softened hearing her boyfriend. She knew Johnny had insomnia recently, his sleeping schedule were interrupted at night. For the past two days of the trip, Johnny had tossed and turned before finally sleeping.

 

“I had to make sure you were alright but you were in a deep sleep earlier. So I went for a run first but then it suddenly rained, and I got worried.”

 

Youngwon rubbed his back before pulling away, “Youngho yah. I’m fine. Don’t worry” walking towards the closest shelf to get Johnny a spare towel.

 

“Why don’t you freshened up since you’ve seen me alive,” said Youngwon. Johnny wiped his face with the towel Youngwon gave. He then patted Young-won’s head and gave her a small peck on it as a form of thanks. He then went to shower in the bathroom. He tried to dragged Youngwon to shower with him but failed.

 

“Yah.. Stop flirting.” Said Youngwon. She always found herself blushing whenever Johnny does that. They have been together for a while but Johnny still gave her butterflies.

 

While Johnny shower, Youngwon was sitting by the bed in a dazed. She suddenly had flashbacks of when she was attacked by the Sasaengs. Although SM Entertainment had taken legal actions for the mishap. Youngwon was still afraid of the commitment to a romantic relationship with Johnny. Both of them had agreed to take the relationship slow. By slow meaning real slow. But did hugging, cuddling and giving little kisses here and there considered as slow? Arghhh.. She doesn’t know anymore.

86064c0cfe0d266abb212b9f56f574bd4aa78ab5.png

The door opened to reveal a refreshed Johnny, a towel draped over his lower body. His abs on display, toned and formed. Youngwon awkwardly cleared , eyes frantically searching elsewhere to land but it still landed on Johnny.

 

Johnny put on a sweatshirt and jeans that Youngwon had bought for him before. Young-won just rolled on the bed again, feeling droopy and tired from yesterday. As her body greeted the soft sheets once again, Youngwon were sure that she will be heading to dreamland again as it was only 7am. But suddenly, a heaver weight pulled in beside her.

 

Johnny joined in with Youngwon, and thank goodness their bed was big enough to cater two people. Without a second thought, Johnny scooched in closer to Youngwon and wrapped his arms around her smaller frame. Youngwon noticed that Johnny was calmer compared to when he arrived half an hour ago. It was easy to tell because the way he held her close to his chest, his heartbeat was steady and not as rapid as before.

 

“Are you feeling better now, John?” Youngwon spoke softly, wrapping her arms around Johnny again, rubbing small circles on his back.

 

Johnny then gave a low hum, pressing his cheek on Youngwon’s head. “Better now that i’m with you.”

 

Again, Youngwon felt herself blushing, it wasn’t normal for her to feel this way. But was it a sin for her to love this man so much? Would things be different if she didn’t come back to his life? Youngwon tense movements and slight shifting made Johnny pull away a little, “Is something bothering you, Youngwonnie?”

 

“Are you sure we are doing the right thing babe?” Youngwon questioned, the fact that they went on a vacation right after they reveal their relationship to the public brought a churn in her stomach.

 

Johnny propped himself up with his one arm, facing Youngwon. “Were the things we did before urmm wrong?”

 

“Aniyo..” answered Youngwon.

 

GIF | Gfycat

Youngwon didn’t noticed that Johnny was staring at her for a while, his eyes a little droopy almost falling asleep again. “I like to think of us as a long running couple” uttered Johnny, looking at the ceiling. “I mean.. only if you’re okay with it.”

 

Youngwon gave a small chuckle, making Johnny look back at her. “I don’t know bubba, i’m just worried.”

 

“Worried about how things will turn out if we broke our promise of ‘forever’?” Johnny suggested.

 

“Trust me Youngwon, i worry about the same thing. Everyday.”

 

Youngwon sighed, “I mean, like.. we don’t have to be a couple if we’re not ready Youngho yah.”

 

“But Youngwon, I want to let you know that I’m always here. I’m always ready.” Said Johnny putting Youngwon’s hair behind her ears before pulling her closer to him.

 

“Why do you think I always take the initiative? Why do you think I reported those Sasaengs to the authorities. Why do you think I’m here with you. Right now.. On this bed next to you.”

 

Youngwon was silent. All she could think about right now was. Was she overthinking? Like a little too muchl? Well HECK YEAH she was.

 

“Lee Youngwon, look at me. It’s okay.. Take your time.. We don’t have to define our relationship. Whenever you’re ready kay? I’ll be here, waiting.” Johnny smiled. There he goes again. Winning Youngwon’s heart everytime since 5 years ago.

 

“I don’t want to make you wait too long.” Said Youngwon.

 

“Then, how about now?” suggested Johnny making Youngwon looked up at him, taken aback with his immediate suggestion. He read right through her.

 

“Hmmmmmmm… I’ll think about it..” replied Youngwon smiling hiding her face in Johnny’s embrace.

 

“Yahhhh.. you can’t cuddle me like that if you’re gonna make me wait. I’ll go crazy..” said Johnny giving her another smile. A smile that radiated a boy in love with the girl of his dreams.

 

“Promise me Forever?” mumbled Youngwon.

 

Forever and always.”