Slow Grenade

Replay (PM 01:27)

Two weeks had passed since the squad came back from Jeju-do. All of them had went back to their personal schedules. The new term had started for Youngjae and she was hella sleepy attending her Music Production Club meeting. Youngjae had took up a new cross disciplinary elective at Konkuk Univ. for the new semester in order to graduate with a better CV.

Dozing Off Gif GIFs | Tenor

“errrr... are you listening? Yoo Youngjae!”

A heavy book slams onto the table, and Youngjae’s head instantly snaps up.

“Oh, how is the...the proposal. Were my slides fine? I-”

Youngjae was cut off by the sound of her teammate laughing, and she finally process that it’s just her and him alone in the meeting room. She groan. “Oh , Taeyang ah, Mianhae for falling asleep.”

After wiping a few tears from his laughing eyes, Taeyang grins at Youngjae and ruffles her hair. “It’s okay, Noona. I understand, but you need to stop pulling these all-nighters and take care of yourself more.”

Youngjae rub her temples as she say, “I just wanted to make sure everything was perfect for this meeting. Everyone should know that I can work just as hard Taeyang ah.”

“I know you can Noona, but being a team leader can be very stressful, especially since it’s only been about a few weeks since you took over the club’s team lead. So I’ve decided to ask someone to help you with it. An assistant.”

Youngjae protested, “But yahhh, I can handle-”

“Everything by yourself?” Taeyang finishes for Youngjae. “Then tell me, why do you end up sleeping at meetings? This is the third time this week, Noona.”

Youngjae sighed. “Okay, I admit. I guess I do need an assistant. Every successful leader has one after all.”

“That’s the spirit!” Taeyang cheerfully says. “I’ve already looked through potential candidates, and I think you’ll like this boy I have in mind. He’s from the first class. He was originally just an ordinary second class student but his lecturer promoted him to first class this sem. He has good qualities, so I’m sure it’ll work out well.”

Bitterness surges through Youngjae when she thought about how Taeyang didn’t even ask for her opinion on who she wanted. He just expected her to accept his decision. In a way, she were used to it because Youngjae always finds it hard to say No, but that didn’t mean that she liked it. But what else were she be able to do besides accepting it? It’s just for this project anyways. No biggie.

Youngjae pushed the feeling aside by plastering a smile on her face, knowing Taeyang had her best interests in mind. After all, it’s for the better, right?

“When will we meet him?” asked Youngjae.

“In about two days or so. We’ll meet him on Wednesday. Make sure to treat him well, Noona.” Answered Taeyang.

Youngjae nod her head, and Taeyang turns to leave the room until he remembers something. “Ah! Speaking of ‘treating a guy well’, how are you with Jungwoo coming along?"

Youngjae eyes focus on the bracelet Jungwoo gave her to avoid Taeyang’s prying gaze. It has been two weeks since Jungwoo went back to his hometown in Gimpo. He hasn’t called nor text her. This is the first time that Jungwoo is avoiding her. Youngjae had spent the night thinking about the what ifs. When asked, the NCT members too didn’t received any updates from Jungwoo.

"We’re doing okay Taeyang ah. Don’t you worry." Said Youngjae half-heartedly. After he leaves, Youngjae slip the bracelet off and hid it in her bag.


 

Youngjae were sifting through her notes later that week when her phone rang. The caller ID lists it as a number she wasn’t familiar with, Youngjae decided to just pick up the phone once and for all.

 

“Yeobosaeyo?”

 

“Noona.”

 

“Eo? Taeyangie? You changed your number?

 

“Ani ani. I’m using someone’s phone to call you since I left my phone at home. Your assistant is here Noona. Shall I just ask him to go to the studio?”

 

“Ah yes, the assistant. Ya sure come up.”

 

After putting down the call, Youngjae resume looking through her notes until three sharp knocks sound against the studio door. Just as Youngjae was about to respond, the knob turns, and the man escorts himself in. Youngjae blink at his hastiness, flabbergasted at his invasion, but she quickly compose herself. Suddenly, the man says, "You wanted to see me, hyung?"

 

"Tsk, tsk, tsk." Youngjae click her tongue at him. "Just what is it with people associating team leader with men? Women make good leaders, in fact, just as good as men."

 

The man’s head immediately whips up, and an alarmed look settles on his face. “Ah! I didn’t mean to offend you! I just thought-”

 

A few giggles slip from Youngjae lips as she evaluate his appearance. His dark blue shirt made him look nice, but the brand wasn’t something she recognized. Perhaps a foreign brand? Ahh something Jungwoo would wear actually. His black denim jeans were expected for the normal college wear, but they looked a bit worn, and Youngjae wondered why he didn’t just buy new ones yet. Then her eyes roam to his face, and Youngjae gasped when she learnt who he was.

 

“Jjakanmanyo.. Seolma…

 

“Aren’t you…”

 

“Ahhh…

 

“Majayo, I’m DK from Seventeen, you can call me Seokmin.” Said him.

 

“HEOL.” Said Youngjae covering .

 

That explains. He is a very handsome man indeed. Perfectly coiffed brown hair gave way to a well-defined face and dark eyes that girls could get lost in. His nose was sharp, and he had pink plush lips that made Youngjae wonder what they would feel like against hers.

 

All of a sudden, his lips start to move, and Youngjae realize her situation again and tune in. “So, you’re the team leader then?”

 

“Didn’t do your research beforehand, I see.” Youngjae flash him a smile, and DK visibly relaxes. “I’m Youngjae, and I’ll be your team leader starting from today. Welcome to Music Club Productions, started here in Konkuk Univ. I hope that we can work well together.”

 

Youngjae got out of her chair and walk over to offer DK an outstretched hand. He grasps her hand and shakes it while his dark eyes stare at Youngjae, making her heart thump faster. His hand is rough in her, and when he finally lets go, Youngjae swear that the brushing of his thumb on her palm is intentional.

 

“First of your class here huh. Accepted immediately after graduating from SOPA. A hard worker who never misses a day of class, and the role model of other Music major students. Even my assistant team leader said you’re a right fit for the club.”

Seventeen Svt GIF - Seventeen Svt Kpop - Discover & Share GIFs

It’s DK’s turn to look surprised, and Youngjae smirked at him as she felt satisfied from his reaction. “I did my research, you know. Except I didn’t expect that Lee Seokmin is like DK from Seventeen. ahahah”

 

He clears his throat to compose himself then says, “I should’ve done mine as well, but I’m glad I didn’t.”

 

Youngjae tilted her head at him curiously. “Waeyo?”

 

“Because now I know for a fact that I’ll work for a beautiful goddess.”

 

As Youngjae stare at him, frozen in shock, his lips curl into a proud smirk. “Well, I have to go now. Gotta go for class. I’ll see you again in our next meeting.”

 

DK reaches the door, and just before he shuts it, he turns back to Youngjae with a wink. “You should get back to work too, or else I might have to punish you.” Youngjae’s jaw drops just as he lets go of the door.


 

Inkigayo Sunday

Jaehyun was present for his Weekly Sunday schedule, after being absent for the previous weeks as Inkigayo Host alongside with April’s Naeun and MonstaX’s Minhyuk. The three of them had come in early today to rehearse their dance routine. They couldn’t practice much before this as Jaehyun was on vacation when the Inkigayo Producers decided to include a Special Stage this week.

 

While getting his makeup done for rehearsals, Jaehyun was reading Yun-ha’s text. He was grinning and smiling replying to Yun-ha’s “Take care baby. Can’t wait to see you. Even if it’s only on tv! Neomu Bogoshipohh”.

 

“I miss you too baby. Love you. *kissy emoticon*” replied Jaehyun. The makeup artist doing his makeup was fixing the creases on his nose area after Jaehyun had ruined it while smiling a little too much.

 

“Jaehyun ssi. Mianhaeyo but can you stop smiling for a while cause I’m trying to fix the crease.” the Noona jokes. Trust me, she wasn’t joking.

7985397b0bcce42b314a884d51c7d7e6d6e03889.png

“Eo.. Jyesonghamnida noona..” Answered Jaehyun putting his phone away. He is just so in love with Kim Yun-ha. His face got brighter after coming back from Jeju-do. Whenever he recalls what happened during that Night, it just made him smile like a fool. What he shared with his girlfriend was magical and out of this world. It’s not their first but it was different. It was not forced and they mutually agreed to do it. “Like pop rocks, strawberry bubblegum.” :)

 

“So how was it Jaehyunnie? How was your vacation?” Minhyuk asked as he sat down next to Jaehyun to get his makeup done.

 

“It was great hyung. I did it.”

 

“Did what?”

 

“Did it… Hyungggg.”

 

“Eooo. Eoooo.. Ahhhhhh.. Chukahae dongsaeng.. All the best to your relationship with Yun-ha ssi. It was pretty brave of you to admit you’re dating on Social Media. RESPECT,” said Minhyuk. Jaehyun bows and laughs to the next few jokes his co-host made.

 

“Eo Hyung, have you seen Naeun? She have been ignoring my katalks for the past few days when I asked her about rehearsals today.” Asked Jaehyun clueless. Minhyuk just shrugged his shoulders avoiding Jaehyun’s question.


 

Naeun’s POV

Before dry rehearsals, she was getting ready in a separate room today as she was not in the mood to see her Inkigayo co-host that was absent for the past few weeks. Honestly, after Jaehyun publicly admit that he was officially dating Kim Yun-ha. Naeun felt a pinching pain in her heart. All this while, she thought what she felt before was mutual and not one sided. It hurts for her as she knew Jaehyun first before She did. And what is it that Yun-ha have that she doesn’t. What was all that late night texts and flirting for before this?

 

“Did he just played with my heart? How dare you Jeong Jaehyun.” Said Naeun in frustration while getting her hair done.

 

“Naeun ah.. Why don’t you just confess to him? It’s been a year right?” said the Hairstylist.

 

“Should i? But he has a girlfriend now, eotteoke??”

 

“Only girlfriend Naeun ah. Not yet wife. Plus we all know that Jaehyun has feelings for you too. It was never one sided Naeun ah.”

 

“Jinja?? You think so?”

 

“I know so.. We all saw how you two grew fond of each other after a few months of working together. You’re not like this with Minhyuk. Go grab your man girl. Before it’s too late.” Answered the Hairstylist.

 

“I should..”

 

“Manager-nim, can you check with Jaehyun’s manager if he has anything after Inkigayo?” asked Naeun.

 

“I’ve asked beforehand cause I kinda know that you might ask.”

 

“And Yes. He is free. He doesn’t have any other schedules today according to what his manager had sent me.” Said Naeun’s manager.

 

“Great! SARANGHAE OPPAAAAA” Naeun exclaimed.

190521 April Naeun [8cpFPWLr5wk]-8 GIF by Mecha熊 ✔️ | Gfycat


 

Yun-ha’s POV

It was a peaceful Sunday morning for Yun-ha as she wakes up to Jaehyun’s morning text to her. She was smiling from ear to ear reading his messages. She rolled in bed, giggling and squealing when she replayed her boyfriend special voice message to her. “Good morning baby, I miss you.” She felt like her world was smitthered with fairy dust. For once, it was as though she was blinded by the word LOVE.

 

“Hmmmmmm.. should I just surprise him at Inkigayo? I should call Johnny oppa and ask if he wants to come along. I could hitch a free ride as well. Hehe” said Yun-ha while dialing Johnny’s number.

……

“Yeobosaeyo? Johnnys?”

 

“Eo wae Yun-ha yah..”

 

“Oppa.. Do you have time today?”

 

“Ermmmmmm wae?”

 

“Ani. I thought if you have time, you can accompany me surprise Yuno at work.” Said Yun-ha.

 

“Ahhhhhhhhhh geuraeee.. ermmmm I’m not so free today cause Taeyong and I will be going to the studio today.”

 

“Butttttttt…

 

“I guess we can stop by SBS for a while since it’s on the way.” Said Johnny.

 

“Okay call! I’ll see you in maybe an hour time?” answered Yun-ha.

 

“Geuraes. We’ll pick you up.”

 

“We??”

 

“Ya we.. Taeyong will come along okay! See you soon baby girl.” Johnny replied making Yun-ha stutter to say “Eoo ar-arassoo.” After putting down the phone with Johnny, Yun-ha was panicking thinking of Leader-nim coming along to her impromptu trip to Inkigayo.

 

“Oh my god. Oh my god.. Tyongie is following oh my god. what should I wear. . . ..”

 

“Calm down Kim Yun-ha.. CALM DOWN. Remember. Jeong Jaehyun is your boyfriend. You are going to see him. Can you focus please eo. JAEBAL KIM YUN-HA SSHI!!! She quickly went to her closet to choose her outfit before hitting the showers. She had picked a simple white tee paired with a high waisted blue jeans.


 

Back at SBS Inkigayo

The first segment of the show was shot and the emcees were able to take a short break before their next segment which was in half an hour time. The programme was broadcasting live but due to the pandemic, they were given a specific performance timeslots to lessen the number of people working in a segment.

 

Jaehyun and Naeun were sitting in the waiting room while Minhyuk was mingling with some of his friends from other groups in the hallway. Jaehyun took this opportunity to reconcile with Naeun who he assumed was acting differently towards him for the past few days.

 

 

……

 

“Naeun ah.. Are you okay? You didn’t reply my text yesterday. You only smiled to me when we are on stage. Did I do something wrong?” asked Jaehyun.

 

Naeun was about to walked out of the room when Jaehyun stopped her by grabbing her hand. “Why are you avoiding me? Naeun ah.. Talk to me.”

 

“Let go.”

 

“No. I won’t, until you tell me what is wrong.”

 

“Jaehyun let go of me.”

 

“Jaebal nwaaaaaa!!!” screamed Naeun.

 

The waiting room door opened to the sound of Naeun’s scream and three people were standing by the door. Jaehyun’s head turned to see who was at the door and to his surprise….

 

Stood Taeyong, Johnny and Yun-ha holding packed Iced Americanos by the door.

Netizen Buzz: Follow Up: SM Rookiez Taeyong apologizes for past ...

"Manggetta..."