Behind the Breakup

Replay (PM 01:27)

WooJae couple had publicly declared their relationship right after the filming of Heart Signal NCT127 Edition. It was a young and innocent love, where the two had went through their honeymoon phase and decided to call it quits after 257 days of being together.

 

Youngjae was heartbroken after their breakup, it had already been 3 months since. But she knew and still hope that it wasn’t completely over. She waited for Jungwoo’s call/text every day, hoping for the day that she would be able to hear his voice again. She misses him like crazy.

 

She lost someone that meant absolutely everything to her. And, it was hard. Jungwoo had let her go, thinking it was the best for them. He thought that Youngjae weren’t going to be hurt nor feel restricted whenever he is not around. She was free to date anyone she wanted. But, leaving someone she still love was heartbreaking especially after what had happened.

 

▿ SAY THE NAME — SEVENTEEN! ﹥ The Official Seventeen (세븐틴 ...

 

DK was there for Youngjae during the breakup, and she had gotten much closer to him, as DK helped her feel better. DK was not a bad friend after all. He loves Youngjae eventhough it was one sided. And the kissed they shared? Was just an alcohol influenced mistake. Foolish move at the wrong timing.


 

Zoom GIF - Find on GIFER

Jungwoo noticed how close the two were as he stalks Youngjae’s social media accounts, and his worst habit came out everytime he saw Youngjae with DK. He was jealous because he felt insecure that someone could love Youngjae better than him.

 

Trying to win Jungwoo’s heart back were the most difficult for Youngjae. She had to choose whether to drop the course elective thats she is currently taking at Konkuk Univ. to avoid more scandals with DK, or stay on and just move forward. Youngjae were in a battle with herself, her feelings.

 

DK thought that maybe if he had explained to Jungwoo what happened back then, maybe WooJae couple would still be together. He told Jaehyun on how devastated Youngjae was at school because of the breakup. The message was relayed to his dorm roommate and that’s when Jungwoo realized that he never gave a proper closure to the breakup. He himself wasn’t sure of his own feelings right now.

 

During NCT127 Live Radio session (37.5MHz Haechan radio), Jungwoo took the chance to talk about Youngjae. He still loves her so much that he was willing to tell it to everyone.

 

DJ SunD: So rumour has it saying that you had recently broke up with your girlfriend from Heart Signal, Yoo Youngjae. Lots of fans are asking what was the reason of your breakup?

 

Jungwoo collected himself with the help of Doyoung who was next to him and finally speaking up about the matter after 3 months.

b21ead762aa1c899fb7a7fbdcd608858dd7db08b.png

 

Jungwoo: Yes. We had parted ways. Mainly because… there was a huge misunderstanding. And because of the lack of trust between us, it had led to the breakup. After our HS127 Reunion trip, I was away for personal reasons and we grew apart from there. It was also my fault because I wasn’t being an attentive boyfriend. *sigh* Youngjae has been by my side since we started dating. I’ve learnt a lot from her. And one thing she taught me was how to love. Being in love at a young age brings a lot of pain too. I felt insecure of not being able to love her the way she deserves.

 

DJ SunD: Honestly, If I can say something for this situation. Sometimes.. It’s not the butterflies that tells you, you’re in love. But the pain is the one that tells. Himnaesaeyo Jungwoo sshi. Have faith.

 

Jungwoo: Truthfully, I wasn’t happy when we broke up. No one will. But I wanted Youngjae to be Happy. I believe being happy and enjoying life are the most important things. I hope… Youngjae sshi if you’re listening. I hope That you reach That happiness. I worry about you a lot. I hope you’re no longer sad while living your dream. Don’t forget that I love you. Thank you for everything. Let’s meet again, when the time is right.


 

Youngjae’s POV

 

“How can I be happy again after losing him?”

 

Youngjae was in the Music Production Club studio. When they were listening to Haechan’s Radio and heard Jungwoo made that confession.

 

“You will get through it. I’m here to help you.” Said DK comforting Youngjae.

 

“You?”

 

“This is because of you! And and our stupid kiss that I’m a mess like this.” Youngjae exclaimed ruffling her hair in frustration.

 

“Youngjae.. I’m sorry.. I..

 

“No.. don’t. It’s not your fault. It’s my fault that I gave in to you. I shouldn’t blame you for that.. I’m sorry..”

 

“No.. don’t blame yourself to it. It’s my fault..”

 

“Can you give me some space. I just wanna be alone.”

 

“No I’m staying. I need to make sure you don’t do anything stupid.”

 

“Dude, we are in school. I’ll be fine.”

 

“STILL. I’ll just sit here and edit quietly. Please just ignore my existence in the room.” DK insisted. Youngjae was tired to even answer him back so she just lets him be.

 

DK felt guilty for what he did to cause Youngjae being like this. He couldn’t bear seeing someone he likes be hurt. What can he do, to make things go back to where they are supposed to be.

 

She still loves Jungwoo. The fact that they loved each other so much but became strangers after hurts. Youngjae looks back at their old videos together knowing that WooJae won’t come back. She played a video that Jungwoo once sent her while NCT127 was actively promoting.

 

···· NCT 2018 ➤ Project Thread ···· | NCT 2018 EMPATHY ...

“If you miss me, it’s simple. You can listen to my voice or watch our videos together. Bogoshipohseo.. Sometimes I miss you even when you’re right in front of me.. Kekeke.. Baby.. I just wanna let you know that I love you Yoo Youngjae. So muchhh. Saranghae.. Oh oh I gotta go. See you soon okay. *blows flying kiss*”

 

Youngjae thought she would be fine after a while and by a while meaning 3 months after the breakup happened. Her heart still breaks everytime she thought of Jungwoo.

 

“Why the hell am I like this??”

 

“I may seem okay on the outside, but I hate myself for hurting him..” said Youngjae crying.

 

DK’s attention were on her when Youngjae made those comments. He walked over to sit in front of her calming her down.

 

“I am not worthy of loving anyone or being loved.”


 

At NCT 10th floor Dorm

After coming back home from radio. Jaehyun and Jungwoo were in their room when Jaehyun decided to have a heart to heart talk with Jungwoo.

 

“You know you only live once right? Said Jaehyun.

 

“Eo. Majayo.”

 

“Do you still love her?”

 

“I do. With all my heart.”

 

“Then?”

 

“Jungwoo yah. You have to show her how much you still love her. In order for the sparks to comeback. If you keep dwelling on the past. It will just keep haunting you.”

 

“DK told me everything about what happened before. I know you didn’t want to share it with me because your girlfriend got caught red handed with my bestfriend.”

 

“But Jung ah.. you know everyone makes mistakes. Remember what happened to me in HS127?? Johnny hyung was such a cool hyung for forgiving me kissing Youngwon Noona. And remember what happened back then when I was drunk with Seulgi? Another accident happened. I will never forget how I almost lost Yun-ha. Now that I think back.. Your situation feels like Dejavu!”

 

“You were so ed up hyung..”

 

“Yahhhh are you really gonna rub salt in the wound now? We’re talking about you.”

 

“I don’t know hyung.. It’s not as easy as it seems. I don’t know if I can.. you know.. trust her again..”

 

“Jungwoo yah.. What comes before trust?”

 

“Love?”

 

“No that’s after Trust.”

 

“Aigooooo this boy.. E-F-F-O-R-T..”

 

“Effort comes before trust. Why don’t you two start all over again. Get to know each other all over again. From friends maybe to bestfriends then maybe to more than friends and when you feel that you can trust each other. Then you know, be together.”

 

“To be honest Hyung. I won’t lie that, my mind has been distracted this days. I’m scared that I won’t be able to keep up with our work schedules because of it. I really practiced hard, to give our fans the best performances. But the thing is, even when I try my hardest to focus. My mind always finds a way, to draw me back to her.”

 

“It’s not easy for me Hyung. She keeps taking up every day of my life just by thinking and worrying about her. I keep repeating to myself like a fool saying it’s Not time yet to get back to her. I can’t even unsee my thoughts whenever it gave me flashbacks of what happened. It’s not fine Hyung.”

 

“Jungwoo yah.. You love her. Think about the lovely memories you had with her. And because she was once part of your life, its harder for you to unsee her in your life. Give Youngjae a chance. It’s worth a try.” Advised Jaehyun in conclusion.

 

“I will think about it. Thanks Hyung..”

Jungwoo Jaehyun GIF - Jungwoo Jaehyun Cute - Discover & Share GIFs