That's It

Replay (PM 01:27)

“JUNGWOO??????”

Jungwoo who saw what happened from the beginning to the end turns around and exited the hallway. He knew he shouldn’t have come. What he just saw hurt him like crazy. He couldn’t believe the person he loved with all his heart betrayed him. Youngjae was running. She ran as fast as she could to catch up with Jungwoo.

Suddenly, Jungwoo stops walking but still with his back not facing her. Youngjae then stood in front of him and started explaining herself. Crying.

Break up GIF on GIFER - by Karr

“Baby.. I’m so sorry. I didn’t meant too. You were away and I tried calling you.. and and.. I don’t know. Its not what it looks like. Baby please. I’m so sorry. “ pleaded Youngjae. Jungwoo still couldn’t breathe out any words to reply Youngjae. His heart was shattered into pieces. Pain. Just straight on pain.

 

“Baby pleaseeeee… I’m really sorry..”

 

"Let's end this here."

....

..

..

..

“Let’s break up..”

 

Youngjae blinked at Jungwoo’s words, confused, too many emotions striking her up all at once. Heartbreak being the most prominent.

 

Though she started to doubt herself ever since Jungwoo wasn’t present to the relationship for the past month. and after she had sent multiple texts, hundreds of missed calls. Youngjae still stuck through it, wishing that this was just a normal setback in her relationship that happens to everyone, wishing it would pass by. She thought Jungwoo needed space. Little did she know that she would hear that sentence actually coming out from his mouth.


 

Jungwoo’s POV

When he was with Youngjae. She made him forget all his worries. She brought the youthful feelings he was keeping inside. She was Jungwoo’s first love, but they started to grow apart eversince he went back to Gimpo.

 

Jungwoo’s grandmother was in a critical state due to cancer and two days after Jungwoo arrived at Gimpo, his grandmother had passed away. He had a hard time accepting what fate has brought him. He was raised by his grandmother when he was young. He felt extremely apologetic for not being able to spend his grandmother’s last few moments more attentively. He shouldn’t have delayed his visit. He regretted his decisions as he didn’t include his Grandmother as his priority.

 

He spent the last three weeks mourning back home. Surrounding himself with his close family. He tried his best to make up to all the family time he had missed. Jungwoo’s family were understanding. They knew Jungwoo’s schedule was hectic and to be fair, his family also kept him in the dark of his late grandmother’s condition. They didn’t want Jungwoo to worry because he has anxiety issues.

bfab33f734de4dcf88ccdd6fc30ec1a7534a739a.png

Jungwoo had avoided Youngjae’s calls not because he wanted to but because he didn’t want Youngjae to come running to him when she knew what had happened. He also didn’t inform any of s or SM about it because he didn’t want the public attention. He wanted to respect his family to mourn in silence. He didn’t want anyone to see him in this unstable state.

 

After a few weeks, Jungwoo’s mum had told him that it was okay for him to go back to Seoul. She knew the longer Jungwoo stayed here, the longer he will not forgive himself.

 

“Jungwoo yah.. Gwenchana.. Its not your fault. Everything happens for a reason. Don’t blame yourself to it Jung-ah.”

 

“Eomma.. Jinja mianhae.. I should’ve been a better son.. a better grandson. I should have came here straight instead of flying off to Jeju-do for vacation,” apologized Jungwoo.

 

“It’s okay.. You needed that break too right? You have worked so hard before this.”

 

“Also, don’t keep Youngjae waiting.. You already ignored her calls for 3 weeks. You don’t want to lose another person you love right?” said Mrs. Kim. Jungwoo went in to hugged his mom. Mothers know best. After collecting himself, he decided to go back to Seoul the following day with hopes that seeing Youngjae will make him feel better. He misses her too. Like A lot is an understatement.


 

Back to Youngjae’s Get together party

As soon as he reaches Seoul that night, the first thing he did was to run to Youngjae’s arms. He didn’t even stopped by the NCT dorm to put his belongings. Jungwoo tried calling Youngjae a few times but it went into voicemail. He had called Yun-ha and asked for Youngjae’s location and Yun-ha told him about the Youngjaea's College get together party and the location for it.

 

He took a cab to the venue and saw a few signboards leading to the party venue. He passed through a few rooms and finally reached the hallway that will lead him to the party hall. While walking and looking around. He saw a couple making out from a far.

 

The hallway was not fully lit up, only Night lights were shunning. Jungwoo thought “Ahh let’s just passed them. They won’t even notice me.” He was walking like a burglar breaking into a huge mansion when suddenly.. SMASHHHHHH.

Glass Breaking GIFs | Tenor

The sound of glass breaking made Jungwoo hide behind a pillar spontaneously. “Jjakanman.. Why am I hiding again?” he said to himself. He then began walking again but this time as he nears the couple he saw earlier. He recognized a familiar face, dressing and even her scent! When the guy pinned the lady against the wall, Jungwoo could finally seee clearly who the lady was. He couldn’t believe his eyes. He was really hoping he was mistaken. It can’t be.

 

It can’t be..

 

Youngjae???

 

“YAHHHH YOO YOUNGJAE!!” he shouted.

 

The foolish couple jerked back in shock. BUSTED.


 

“Let’s break up..” said Jungwoo. He couldn’t deal with any reasonings Youngjae gave him. To him, it was all excuses. He saw what he had saw.

 

“Baby please.. It was a mistake. No, I’m really sorry.”

 

Jungwoo took a look at Youngjae’s face, “I was only away for 3 weeks Youngjae. GOD DAMN THREE WEEKS.”

 

“And you… and You did this to me? YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT I WENT THROUGH YOO YOUNGJAE!” Jungwoo exclaimed tears falling from his eyes.

 

“Jungwoo please I’m so sorry. It didn’t mean anything I swear.” Youngjae tried to explain.

 

“I think I’ve seen enough to understand if THAT meant NOTHING.” Said Jungwoo turning behind to see DK still standing there.

 

“Youngjae ah, I know I’m not a good boyfriend. I’ve ignored your calls and text messages, I hid stuff from you. But at least, I swear to GOD I didn’t cheat on you! Youngjae ahhh. Of all people, DK????”

 

“HE IS JAEHYUN HYUNG’S FRIEND!!! What is wrong with you?”

 

“I don’t knowww.. I… I… I was drunk and I think I still am. And and I don’t know he kissed me.. and I don’t know what was I thinking and I didn’t know you are back. And and I JUST DON’T KNOW.” Youngjae stuttered and sobbed at the same time.

 

“Please Jungwoo, don’t do this to me.. I love you. So much..”

 

“I’ve said what I’ve said Youngjae. I don’t think I can.."

 

"I don’t think I can trust anyone after this..”

 

“I’m sorry..” Jungwoo left Youngjae in the hallway crying in silence.

Empty hallway | free photos | UIHere

DK who saw the whole thing came over to Youngjae and embraced her.

“LET ME GO YOU JERK! THIS IS ALL BECAUSE OF YOU! I HATE YOU. F*** MY LIFE.”