Chapter 5: Gone Girl

Good To Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunhye opened her eyes to an unfamiliar ceiling. She felt something heavy on her stomach and she turned when she felt someone breathing against her neck. It took her another moment to make out the handsome face beside her and her eyes grew wide when she recognized Wonwoo. Memories of the previous night came back to her like a tsunami and blood rushed to her cheeks. She was dressed fully but Wonwoo had slept without his shirt on, and her body told her what she as remembering was not just a dream. Not when she realized she had been leaning against him in a cuddle while they slept throught he night.

Her phone made a ping as a new message came in. She had to reach around him because he left it on the ground. She scrolled through, finding messages from Hani and her other friends.

Ahn.Hani: Ya. Why aren't you answering?
Ahn.Hani: are u still sleeping?
Ahn.Hani: fine just sleep
Ahn.Hani: we went ahead, I still have part-time.
Ahn.Hani: Wonwoo checked out already, too, so dont worry about him.

Eunhye blushed again when she saw the last message. She turned to the person sleeping beside her. Wonwoo looked so peaceful while he slept and she felt bad to wake him. His mouth was slightly open, and he was resting his chin on his hand as if he would while sitting up--something that Eunhye sometimes did when she slept, as well, and she smiled. She had the urge to his face and she wondered where the affection came from. She barely knew Wonwoo but it was easy for her to feel comfortable with him, enough to let him in on her bed.

There was another pinging sound and she checked her phone again. This time, it came from a chatroom she shared with her two male best friends, slash classmates, Park Chanyeol and Woo Jiho (aka Zico).

Park.Yoda: anyone there?
Z.I.Co: i'm on my way sorry.
Z.I.Co: I overslept.
Park.Yoda: hye?
Park.Yoda: r u coming?
Z.I.Co: im here.
Z.I.Co: going up.
Z.I.Co: ya. jung eunhye.

Her phone rang all of a sudden, which told her that her friends had been waiting for her to read the messages. Thankfully, it was on silent mode so it did not wake Wonwoo. She answered the call while slowly prying off his arm around her waist.

"Where are you?" Zico said from the other line. "You promised to be here by eight. It's almost ten."

"Sh*t," Eunhye cursed, realizing the time. "I stayed up all night, sorry. I just woke up."

"Why are you whisperring?" Zico asked, not missing a beat. "Don't tell me you slept with Mark again? Ya, Jung Eunhye. You said you--"

"Of course not!" she snapped. She felt a chill down her spine when Zico guessed she had slept with someone. They knew she was not the kind who slept around, even with her then boyfriend. "My throat hurts. I'll be there in thirty minutes."

"I'll come pick you up," he offered.

"No need. I'm almost ready."

"You're still whisperring."

"Shut up Zico. I'm hanging up. Bye."

She quickly got dressed and was ready in less than ten minutes. Wonwoo was still asleep and she wondered if she should wake him up. She figured that the front desk would call the phone anyway to remind them of the checkout time. They already paid for the rooms when checking in so she hoped he got a refund after what happened last night. Wonwoo had said something about two men and one woman with whips and ropes so he freaked out and ran.

Eunhye settled with pulling the covers up to his neck so he would not be cold. She had that urge again to run a hand through his hair but she stopped herself and just left. When she got to the front desk, they said that Wonwoo had already gotten the refund. She told them that he would be checking out, asked them to call the room if check out time was near, and left to meet her friends.


*************


Wonwoo woke up when the phone by the side of the bed rang. It was the guy from the front desk, calling to let him know that the checkout time was in thirty minutes. After hanging up, Wonwoo sat on the bed, trying to be fully awake. Seeing his bare arms, he remembered something.

Eunhye.

He looked around and saw he was alone in the room. He got up and checked the bathroom but she was not there either. He took another look around the place and accepted that she already left. She did not leave any traces behind as if the previous night had all been Wonwoo's dream. The only thing that convinced him otherwise was the discarded plastic bag she had been carrying from the convenience store, stashed neatly in the trash can.

His phone was still dead so there was nothing else to do. He had a quick shower and found the towel that Eunhye used previously. It was still damp, another evidence that he had not just imagined what he was remembering.

Wonwoo stared at his reflection in the mirror by the sink. He realized he did not even know her last name, yet they had been intimate beyond his imagination.

He had wanted to get to know her more first, figure out if the attraction he felt was something that could grow even more in the future. He worked in his head how he was going to get her number and ask if they could keep in touch, which was why he borrowed her phone in the first place. Now how was he supposed to do that when it seemed that what unusual connection they had turned into a one night stand? 

"Uh, Jeon Wonwoo," he said to himself out loud. "You and your stupid libido."

He should never sleep in a motel with a girl after six bottles of beer.


************


Hani noticed that Eunhye had been better after the double date that she set up. Her friend had been brighter and looked less broken than she did before. Eunhye still stayed up all night and all day playing video games like before, but she had always been like that since high school. However, she was disappointed because her friend never mentioned Wonwoo again. Whenever Hani brought him up, she would just answer half heartedly and brush the topic off with another one.

Eunhye was checking her emails to see if her application as Teacher's Assistant was accepted, when Hani came up to her one day, handing her one of those fruit shakes Mingyu had talked her into taking daily. She gladly accepted it, thanking her.

"Is it okay if Mingyu gave Wonwoo your new number?" 

Eunhye spat the juice back out. "Did you put cinnamon here?"

"No, that's nutmeg." Hani leaned on her desk, determine

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter