Chapter 11: Her Friends

Good To Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Kimchi jjigae, please," Wonwoo told the lady in the soup section. Their school prided in the menu at the cafeteria, serving two or three varieties of each food type. Next to him, Soonyoung ordered the same thing. After placing the bowls of soup on their tray, they moved on to the side dishes section.

"Hello, sunbaenim," Soonyoung greeted a senior who was there.

"Hey, Soonyoung," Shownu, the senior, greeted back. "I saw your classmates leaving earlier. You're a bit late."

"Soonyoung's always last to finish in Tech Lab," Wonwoo explained with a shake of his head. "Well, the activity today was challenging."

"Ooh," Shownu nodded understandingly. "You're in Eunhye's Tech Lab. No wonder."

It was that time when most of the students were taking their lunch so there were only a few empty spaces. Shownu saw Soonyoung hesitate so he gave the hoobae a nudge. "Come sit with us."

Soonyoung bowed gratefully and turned to Wonwoo, who was squinting his eyes looking for an empty table. "Ya, let's go."

On one of the tables, a group of seniors were sitting. A couple of them were already done eating but given they were among the older students, they stayed behind, chatting with the others.

"I'd rather stay home and sleep, man," Zico was saying after Chanyeol asked them to go clubbing. "Why does it have to be a club? You can just go karaoke, or dinner."

"To take out the stress," Chanyeol said. "And I promised Kim Yura I'll bring people people over."

Eunhye rolled her eyes. There was Chanyeol again, pushing them to social gatherings she never had interests in. Kim Yura was a friend from highschool who was the female version of her childhood friend. "Maybe ask her to bring Seolhyun so you'll get Jiho to come."

Zico hit the back of Eunhye's head lightly, causing her to drop the food that was on her spoon. "Why don't you go?"

"I was not invited," she pointed. "Yura will be bringing girls with her. What will I do there?"

"What's going on?" Shownu joined them on the table, sitting next to Wonho. He turned to two younger students behind him. "Sit down."

Soonyoung sat beside Shownu, bowing to his seniors before setting his attention to his food. The only place left was next to Eunhye. Wonwoo stared at it for a moment. She saw him hesitate and she nudged Zico to move to the side to make room for Wonwoo. He finally sat down, brushing elbows with her. Eunhye felt a jolt of electricity at the contact and subtly moved further away.

"I need three more guys to come with me to the ***** Club this Friday night," Chanyeol explained. "Wonho's going. Zico's being a killjoy. Wanna come?"

"Friday? Sure," Shownu said easily.

"I'm going if she is," Zico declared, pointing a finger to Eunhye.

"No way," she said with a good shake of her head. "You'll use me as your fake girlfriend again."

"Then, no," Zico decided.

Shownu pointed to the two hoobaes. "What about you? Are you, two, free this Friday?"

Soonyoung thought for a moment. "I don't have anything to do this weekend."

"Perfect," Chanyeol said with a clap of his hand. He took his phone out and texted Yura to confirm. "What about you, Wonwoo?"

Wonwoo's head snapped up from his phone. He was checking a mobile game that just had a patch and was not really paying attention. "Sorry, what?"

"We're going clubbing this Friday night," Chanyeol said, getting tired of having to repeat himself. "We're meeting some girls from the Tourism Department. It's a huge group date."

Eunhye made a face at the way Chanyeol wiggled his eyebrows implyingly when he said his selling point. The Tourism Department was known to have the most number of pretty girls, just as the whole Engineering Department (including Computer Science) was known to have the hottest guys. Not that it was her business, but for some reason, she hoped Wonwoo would turn the offer down. He told her he never did those before, and explained he just got dragged by Mingyu to that double date after making a deal that Mingyu would do his laundry. He did not even have a with him when they...

"This Friday?" Wonwoo asked.

Eunhye pretended to be occupied with a dark spot on the tofu she fished out of her kimchi jjigae. Chanyeol merely nodded, smiling expectantly. Wonwoo was taking a long time answering as if he was actually considering it.

"This one's not spicy enough," she muttered to Zico, pointing to the jjigae. "I'll get some chili powder or something."

Zico took a spoonful of her jjigae. He had chosen jjajangmyeon instead of the soup so he had no idea how it was. After tasting it, he hit her head with the spoon. "If you put more, you'll get a stomach ache. I don't want to carry you to the infirmary."

"Sorry, hyung," Wonwoo said finally. "I don't really do group dates and stuff like that."

Chanyeol narrowed his eyes. "Are you already dating someone? No one in their right mind would turn this offer down."

"I did," Zico said.

"Exactly," Chanyeol agreed as if Zico proved his point. "Unless you're dating someone already, then I'll understand."

Wonwoo scratched the back of his head with a finger, not expecting being in the hot seat among their sunbaes. "I'm not seeing anyone. I just have other things going on."

"Anyone you like?" Chanyeol pressed. He pointed to Eunhye. "My friend here is recently single. Ow!"

The friend who was recently single kicked him under the table.

"I did find someone interesting," Wonwoo said, smiling shyly and started picking on his food with his chopsticks.

"Really?" Soonyoung asked. This was news to him. Wonwoo never mentioned meeting a girl. Usually, when Wonwoo thought about something huge like finding someone he liked, he would obsess over it and not stop talking about it. "When?"

"Just recently," Wonwoo said enigmatically. "During the break before this semester."

"Is it someone from this school?" Wonho asked, curious. Wonwoo should have realized not to open his mouth because these hyungs will keep on pressing him until he actually said who it was. Eunhye felt bad for him. "How did you meet?"

"A friend introduced us," Wonwoo said. "We had Japanese food then we went to this karaoke bar. She never contacted me after that, though, so I don't know."

Eunhye choked on her food, spraying it everywhere.

"Sunbae, are you okay?" Wonwoo asked, lightly massaging her back. "Please, eat slowly."

Zico opened the bottled water she, herself, bought and handed it to her. "Were you that hungry? We still have an hour. No one's rushing you."

"Did she show interest in you?" Shownu asked, naturally wiping a stray grain of rice beside his plate with a tissue.

Wonwoo chuckled at an inside joke. "She did that day. But when we met again, she acted like she didn't know me so I'm not sure."

"Maybe you were drinking," Chanyeol guessed. "There's always a difference when there's alcohol involved."

"What's her name?" Zico asked. "If you're lucky, maybe we know her and we can help you."

Eunhye raised an eyebrow. "You? Know girls?" She scoffed, still trying to steady her breathing. She was thinking of a different topic to bring up in case Wonwoo dec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter