Chapter 14: Kalguksu

Good To Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Why is Wonwoo walking you home?"

For a sleepy head, Eunhye thought Hani would already be in bed. Instead, her friend was standing beside the window, arms crossed in front of her and a teasing smile plastered on her face.

"Beats me," she said, brushing the subject off and throwing her bag on the couch, collapsing beside it. "I see you're still awake. Don't you have that presentation tomorrow?"

Hani's eyes narrowed. "One day, I'll make you spill. For now, I'll let you be. You look like a really skinny panda." She left her there and went to her room.

When she closed the door behind her, Eunhye walked over to the window, wondering if Wonwoo had already left.

He had not. He was in the same spot where she left him, looking up. He found her and waved. Quickly, she shut the curtains and went to her own room.

Her face was still hot where his hands had been. She washed it with cold water, hoping it would wash away the images that he seemed to imprint in her mind. Cursed with a good memory, she went under her sheets, reliving the past fifteen minutes of her life for the third time.

She plugged in her earphones, listening to Mad Clown's songs to keep her thoughts away from Jeon Wonwoo while she played a quick game on her phone. She was about to fall asleep but her phone made a ping.

CS2.JeonWW: I'm home.
CS2.JeonWW: You can sleep now.

************


"What would we do without you?" Chanyeol asked, massaging her shoulders as they walked to the corridor to the Cyber labs. 

"Uh, write your own codes?" His hands felt good so she did not shrug him off yet. Her head and back ached so bad she would take any massage she could get. "I'll probably suggest to have an individual activity the next time."

"Eyy," Chanyeol said. He tapped her shoulder twice as they arrived at Lab 17. "You know how much work we have piled up. Group works are better. I'll make up this week."

"Good morning, Sunbae's."

Eunhye jumped at the familiar voice. Wonwoo opened the door to the lab. Chanyeol let go of her shoulders to pat Wonwoo at the back.

"I got a peek at your activity today," Chanyeol said and made a face. "Good luck."

Wonwoo just bowed in response and went inside the room, slighly brushing shoulders with Eunhye.

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning," Chanyeol muttered. Eunhye was about to go inside as well but he stopped her. "Ya. Zico said he saw Sana crying the other day and Mark was walking away from her."

"You and Zico gossip like highschool girls. Leave them alone."

Chanyeol eyed her suspiciously but kept his mouth shut. She had a class to teach. "Okay." He patted her head before leaving her in peace, proceeding to the next lab.

"Sunbaenim," Joy, one of the female students held a hand up before Eunhye could even say, 'hi.'

"Yep?"

"Are you and Chanyeol-sunbae dating?"

Her face turned sour like someone made her swallow one whole lemon fruit. "No."

"But you're together all the time," Joy went on.

She felt all eyes on her, but hers fell on Wonwoo. He was looking at her with his glasses on, but it felt as if she was burning. "Does that count as dating?"

Joy pouted. "Sunbaenim."

Eunhye could not help but laugh at Joy's sudden aegyo. Her laughter died when her eyes met Wonwoo's again. "We're not together like that. Ew."

Smiles went back to the female students' faces, except for one. Chanyeol's piece of information seemed to be strengthened by Sana's empty look. She still had not decided what to make of the information, and she had been telling herself she should no longer care. She had her own problems to deal with now.

A loud familiar sound of a computer turning on interrupted the girls, as Wonwoo maxxed the volume up on his speaker. He quickly adjusted it when Soonyoung laughed at him.

Eunhye proceeded to explain the practical activity they were to finish that day. She had to spend almost fifteen minutes answering questions and she started to wonder if she was giving them too much. She justified it with the reason that she was just basing it on the syllabus their actual professor gave her.

Wonwoo seemed to understand the instructions because he did not ask her anything. In fact, he did not even look at her once after she gave the initial instructions. And yes, she had been keeping tabs. As much as she hated to admit it, she was bothered by the sudden cold shouder. She was getting used to Wonwoo always taking her attention. 

Her instruction was to save the file on the server when they were done and he did just that, immediately logging off. She half expected him to leave right after he was done with his activity, but he actually stayed and helped Soonyoung out as usual. He did not hover around her table, though.

Most of the class had gone already, finally used to her letting them leave the room as long as they were done with the activities. She noticed another outlier. Eunhye approached Sana, who was still not done. As much as she did not like what happened between her, the girl, and her ex, she still had a role to play.

"What are you having trouble with?" she asked gently.

Sana seemed surprised as if she was thinking about something else. Eunhye scanned her work and knew she was only halfway done. They only had twenty minutes till the end of their class.

"I'm sorry I'm taking too long," Sana said. "I just have a really bad headache."

"You should have said something earlier," she replied. "You can always go to the Infirmary."

"I'm really sorry." All of a sudden, Sana started crying.

Eunhye did not know what to do. Tears were her last resort to things, and she did not know how to deal with others who cried in front of her. Her hand automatically reached for Sana's shoulder but the younger girl swatted her hand away, shocking her more.

"Momo, are you done?" Eunhye asked another student who was checking her phone while sitting in front of her computer.

"Yes, Sunbae," Momo replied. "I'm just waiting for Sana." She then just saw that her friend was crying. "What happened?"

"She's not feeling well," Eunhye spoke for her. "Can you get her to the nurse's office? I'll let you submit that until twelve noon tomorrow."

Momo helped her friend up and they left the room, leaving Eunhye with five other students. She went around, telling them to hurry up.

"Sunbaenim, I'm done, too," Soonyoung said. 

She turned to him and went to check his work. Wonwoo who was sitting beside him got up to make room for her. He did not even look at her even though their bodies were suddenly just two inches away. Focusing on what she should be doing, she ran Soonyoung's program and found the output that she required. Saving it, she gave the student a thumb up, signaling he was good to go.

"Nice," Soonyoung said and turned to Wonwoo, heaving a sigh of relief. "Thanks, man."

Wonwoo gave Soonyoung a high five, and Eunhye felt weird seeing him smile. It irritated her that he ignored her the whole time, a huge contrast to how he waved at her through the window the other night. She did her best to remain professional as she sat back on her computer and compiled all the submitted works for the day.

There was a knock on the open door, and ZIco was there.

"Did you make a hoobae cry again?" he said loudly. There were times like these that she wondered how her friend graduated middle school. "I didn't know you to be that mean."

"She wasn't feeling well," Eunhye replied. "So I sent her to the nurse's office."

Zico let himself inside the lab, nodding at the last of the students on their way out. He naturally stood beside her, looking over her shoulder as she finished up on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter