Chapter 32: First Day

Good To Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The bus ride to the campus was akwardly silent. After that hot kiss Eunhye did not know what to say, or do. She kept her eyes at the road outside window, hundred percent sure that her face was still beet red with no signs of going back to normal soon. Flashes of those moments would appear in her head and she would cringe.

"So today's our first day, huh."

Eunhye jumped when Wonwoo turned too close to her ear and spoke. Her fingers automatically curled, both because of his voice that sent shivers down her spine, as well as the thought of it being their first day as an official couple.

"Your fingers curl too much," he noted. He smoothened her fingers out and intertwined them with his. Wonwoo chuckled when he saw her fan her face as it went even redder. "Cute."

She looked away and took a deep breath trying to calm herself down. This was not the first time that they held hands. Heck, they had gone way beyond holding hands and kissing. Why was she acting like a highschool girl on her first date?

"I can ditch 2:30," he said. "Wanna go someplace else?"

"Like where exactly?"

Wonwoo rested his head on her shoulder. "Anywhere. Han-gang? Or maybe somewhere more private..."

She smacked his forehead at what he was suggesting. "I can't let you skip class. Just because you're one of the bright ones doesn't mean you can go around as you please."

He pouted. "Fine."

She could not help but feel bad. It was such a small gesture over a petty issue but her heart clenched that it made him sad. "But my class ends at 7."

"I know."

"Stalk much?"

"I just pay attention," he muttered.

When the bus neared their campus, she shrugged him off and let go of his hand. He started to protest.

"I'm a TA," she said to try to explain. "I'm your TA. If we go around telling other people we're together, I might as well drop out from the school or give the position up."

Wonwoo sighed but he knew she was right. Either those two options or they break up. It was clear what he had to do. "Okay. Do you want me to pick you up after your class, or should we just meet someplace?"

She was surprised that he took her reasons well without other questions. That was not what she was used to. Eunhye was already formulating further explanations in her head, as her habit when she was with Mark, but she did not need them. She had not even thought about the situation he was asking her. She had gotten used to meeting him during school days that she had not expected him to need to pick her up or anything like that.

The bus pulled over the stop closest to the campus and they got off. "We can meet here at the stop."

"Nah, I'll wait for you," Wonwoo said after thinking for a moment. "Your friends know me anyway."

Eunhye stared at him. He seemed different now that she told him how she felt. For some reason, he looked taller, older and a bit intimidating to her but he had a good point. This would not be the first time they would be seen together, and they should not start acting differently or they would be more suspicious.

"I'll text you once the class is over," she said once they got to their building.

Wonwoo narrowed his eyes at her. "I heard that before. A lot."

"I will, this time," she replied, chuckling because she knew full well what he meant. Back then, she had been trying to keep herself from texting him, because once she did, she would not stop. This time, she had all the excuses in the world to text him.

Eunhye opened the door to the Lab 17. She did not have any thoughts of loitering in the TA room, especially today, so she was going to stay in her lab until her class. She waved Wonwoo goodbye. 

"See ya."

Wonwoo just pushed the door wider and let himself in. "What are you talking about? I still have another hour." He closed the door after him and turned the lock.

"Ya." She pointed to the CCTV camera on one corner of the room. Eunhye and Chanyeol had manually hacked into it two years ago (for the fun of it), so even if the indicator light was on, the thing was not actually recording. The other students did not need to know that though.

"I know what you did to that camera," he said sticking his tongue out to one side and pulling her to him. "So be quiet and get hugged."


**********************


"Are you coming the weekend after the exams?"

Eunhye looked up from her laptop to Chanyeol who sat beside her. The classroom was big enough for a hundred students but he took the one right next to her. Shownu and Wonho were on the other side of the room, comparing biceps.

"What's up then?" she asked, checking her phone and looked at the group chats she shared with him. She was taking that time as well to make up an excuse because she was planning to go somewhere with Wonwoo. She did not actually have a place in mind yet, but when she was not acting as a TA, she felt she needed to act as the girlfriend that she was. The thought of Wonwoo being her boyfriend sent another set of shivers down her spine and she bit her lip unconsciously.

"Uh, I thought Sunmi already told you," Chanyeol said, starting up his own laptop. "Do you remember Seulgi? That hoobae from highschool?" Eunhye nodded. "Well, she and a friend had been looking for people to stay the night with them in their new place in Incheon. Sunmi asked us to come. Zico can't go."

"I'm guessing there are girls involved here," she said, not remembering her friend mentioning this to her. "And it sounds like a group date. Why am I Zico's substitute? I'm a girl, you know."

Chanyeol burst out laughing. "You won't be the substitute," he assured her, knowing full well that she felt about group and blind dates. "And it's not a group date or anything like that...I think. I thought you were coming because Hani is, too."

She wondered what he was trying to get to. "I'll check my schedule."

"And Mingyu," he went on. "I was planning on asking Wonwoo, but I didn't want you to get mad at me. So, just come with."

"Why would I be mad?" she answered nonchallantly, wondering why their class had not started yet. "And why would you bring Wonwoo, of all people? Ask them." She pointed to the two other students in the room.

"See? I knew you would get mad," Chanyeol said, proving a point. "And I think it would be a good selling point if you're coming, once I ask him."

"I said I'll check my schedule." And his.

He suddenly tugged on her ponytail, messing her hair up. "It's the weekend after the exams. There's nothing to do! Unless you two had other plans..."

She remembered something which sounded like a good idea to change the subject. She regretted it as soon as she opened . "Did you tell Wonwoo about the camera in lab 17?" He was the only

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter