Chapter 31: The Jeon Ultimatum

Good To Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It took a moment for Hani to process what Eunhye just told her. "Jeon Wonwoo? our Wonwoo?"

Eunhye's head snapped up at the endearment but shook it off. She saw Hani treat Wonwoo like a middle schooler and there was no way the affection she heard from her was anything romantic. "That Wonwoo. Yes."

"Oh my god." Hani pulled on her own hair, as if it would erase from her head what Eunhye just told her. She eyes the sheets suspiciously and shuddered.

"Not here, stupid," Eunhye said.

"Oh my..." Hani could still not believe it. "When did this happen? When Sunmi left you two here?" 

"No, before that."

Hani's jaw dropped even lower. "Don't tell me... No. You didn't."

Eunhye blushed. "That night at the motel, yes."

"But you just met then!"

"I know."

"You just broke up with Mark."

"Oh, believe me, Mark did not cross my mind at the time. Not once."

Hani let out a snort at that. "But you didn't want Mingyu to give him your number. I've known you for years. You don't do one night stands. Heck, you barely even sleep with your boyfriends."

"I don't," she agreed. "But then he came--stop smiling. That's not what I meant. And I don't know why but it just happened. I didn't know how to face him after that so I didn't try to contact him or anything."

"Was he good?"

"Shut up."

Her friend laughed at her embarrassment. "Oh. My. God. Do you remember how long Mark had to wait for that? And Wonwoo got through to you in one try? Daebak. I thought that kid was weird, or queer. You know I would get jealous at how he and Mingyu looked at each other?" Hani shuddered. "No wonder he got so worked up when I suggested you were pregnant."

"What?! That was you? You put that in his head." Eunhye told Hani what happened at the ER with her brother, and her friend laughed her head off.

"Gosh, no kidding, but sometimes your brother scares me." Hani adjusted the covers around her. "But why would you cry over that? What happened in here?"

"Nothing, he... just made sure I finished the food."

Hani snorted. "I would be happy with you eating just half of it."

Her friend knew her so well. "Yeah, he ate the rest."

"Ahw," Hani said, making an 'uwu' face at her. "That's so sweet of him. So, what now? Are you two going steady?" She watched Eunhye's eyes shift. "Are you two even dating? Some*?" [Some or Something is a slang word for a relationship between a couple that are merely flirting with each other without actual commitment]

"I don't know," she answered honestly. She was thinking talking to someone would help her make out her thoughts but she just ended up being more confused. Admitting to herself how she felt for Wonwoo was one thing. Telling someone else was different. "I don't think I'm ready for anything yet."

"But did he confess or anything like that?"

Eunhye shook her head. "Whenever he tried, I change the subject."

Hani smacked her head. "That's so you." But then she somewhat understood why. She saw how broken Eunhye was when she and Mark broke up, even though her friend tried her best to hide it. "Well, you'll know it when you're ready. I don't think it's best either, if you're gonna dive into that with just half of your heart in it."

Once again, Eunhye really felt like the maknae in their house that she was. "I'm going to bed."

Hani patted the pillow for her and let her be. "Huh. Jeon Wonwoo."

"Stop it."

Hani just giggled on her way out.

"Hani-ah," she called. "Don't tell Mingyu."

"Oh," Hani said, the thought not even crossing her mind in the first place. "I'm thinking he might already know. Boys talk, you know."

Eunhye felt Wonwoo would not, though.

 

********


In the other side of the neighborhood, someone else was getting interrogated.

"What's going on with you and Eunhye-noona?" 

He knew Mingyu knew Eunhye before he did, but the affection in his voice when he said her name irked Wonwoo for some reason. "What do you mean?"

"She came here when you were sick," Mingyu recalled. "You suggested going over there when you heard she was. Don't give me the samgyetang as an excuse, you said you were not hungry."

"Why are you asking me this?"

"You know I knew her since I was in grade school, right?" Mingyu said. Eunhye's grabdmother had been their neighbor and she used to tutor him Math whenever she visited. She bought him his first RC car when he passed an exam for the first time. Eunhye was the one who intoduced him to Hani. "I just wanted to know if you're serious with her."

Wonwoo chuckled without humor. "What's this? Are you into her?"

"Hyung, that's not it." Mingyu was starting to get frustrated. "Eunhye-noona's like a sister--nah, more like a brother, actually. I just don't want her to go through the same thing again. I told you it was my fault she and Mark-hyung broke up."

"You weren't the one who cheated on her, it was that Mark Tuan." Wonwoo balled a hand to a fist, annoyed at the fact that she would be that hurt for it, that anyone would do that to her, and that it was something as big of an issue that even Mingyu would care. "To answer your question, there's nothing going on with me and Eunhye. Yet. I do like her and I want to be serious with her but she won't let me."

"What are you two fighting about?" Seokmin came to the living room at the sound of raised voices.

"Nothing," Wonwoo replied, glaring at Mingyu. He did not even know what he was pissed about. Probably because Mingyu mentioned her ex. "I'm going to bed."

Mingyu sighed, feeling bad. It seemed like his hyung was going through some stuff that he was not sharing. Mingyu always looked up to Wonwoo, turned to him for advice so often that he forgot his hyung might need them, too. He watched Wonwoo forcefully open his closet and pull out a shirt to change into. "Just give her time, hyung. Seeing your boyfriend kissing someone else isn't easy."

"That was months ago. Jeez! And it was just a kiss. She slept with someone." There was a bang as Wonwoo closed his closet.

"What?"

"Nothing." Wonwoo changed into his sleeping clothes and threw himself to the bed. "Turn the lights off when you're done."


*************


There was a knock on the open door of Cyber Lab 17. The students turned to find yet another familiar sunbae visiting, although this was the first time Mark Tuan came to their class looking for their TA.

"Hye."

Eunhye raised her eyebrow at Mark calling her like that in front of a lot of people. The older students knew they used to go out but not these ones. Her eyes darted to Wonwoo, sitting in the work station right in front of hers. He was looking at Mark, too, with a stare that was not for someone three years his senior.

"Yep?"

"Can I borrow Jeon Wonwoo and Im Changkyun? You're not reading my texts."

Wonwoo noisily got up from his chair to walk out the door even before their TA could decide. He towered over his sunbae. "Will this be long? I'm not done with the activity yet."

"I'm sure your TA will give you leeway," Mark snapped. "Im Changkyun?"

The other student got up as well and went to them, accepting the high five Mark gave him--something that was not offered to the taller hoobae.

"Remember that Japanese CEO?" Mark asked. He turned to Wonwoo. "I'm sure you do. Anyway, his secretary called and asked if he could meet up with the group again. I already cleared Minhyun's schedule tomorrow for lunch. Can you two make time? They need an answer in ten minutes."

"I'm good," Changkyun answered right away.

"You?" Mark asked Wonwoo.

"I don't know," Wonwoo answered with a smirk. "I'll have to ask Eunhye."

"Oh she's coming too," Mark replied, unfazed. "I'm sure she'll get a call from that CEO, himself. If she hadn't already."

Wonwoo's smile faded, remembering how that CEO person smiled at Eunhye while they shook hands. He recovered quickly and shrugged. "Then, I'm good, too."

"Perfect," Mark muttered. "I have to fly to LA tonight, so I won't be there. I'm actually on my way to the airport. I just wanted to make sure of your answers before I leave."

"Perfect," Wonwoo echoed in the same tone.

Mark's face hardened for a second but then he turned to Changkyun. "I'll send you guys the details later when I've called the secretary back."

"Thanks, sunbae," Changkyun said.

Mark knocked on the door again to get their TA's attention. "Thanks. I'm sending them back now. I'm flying to LA, by the way, be back by Thursda

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter