Chapter 62: Don't Wanna Cry

Good To Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Monster Trainer."

They were back in their couple pajamas and Wonwoo was sleeping over again. He came straight to her apartment after his shift. He had wanted her to wait until he was done but she said she left something at home and she needed to work on her project so he let her go.

"Maybe I should take Seungheon-oppa's offer and be your supervisor."

Wonwoo clamped a hand over . "I don't want you anywhere near the shop again."

She pried his hand off her face. "Why? You were the one who asked me to come every day, remember?"

He shook his head. "I can't focus when you're there. I keep looking for you and wonder what you're doing. Besides, I don't like the way Rowoon was looking at you. Or that Younghoon already started calling you 'Noona' without my permission--"

"I met Younghoon that day of your interview and--" A huge hand clamped over again.

"I don't like it when you call Seungheon-hyung, 'Oppa'." He imitated her voice when he said that last word. "Or that you have history together. I can't even look at him without imagining the two of you having memories on that same kitchen counter doing who-knows-what-and-I-DON'T-wanna-know. Even Minkyung was checking you out and I always had doubts about her liking girls."

"Seungheon-oppa's getting married already," Eunhye said after she broke free from Wonwoo's hand. She almost laughed at his shocked expression. "He didn't tell you?"

Wonwoo shook his head. "I didn't even know he had a girlfriend, let alone a fiancee. Poor Minkyung."

She punched his chest for mentioning her again. "You're annoying."

"You're scary when you're jealous," he countered.

"I wasn't jealous."

"Yes, you were. Very much."

Eunhye gritted her teeth. She was cursed with a good memory and she could still see Wonwoo playfully poking that girl's cheeks with a goofy grin on his face. She punched his chest again and he groaned.

"I was afraid you were going to make a scene," he said honestly. "The way you talked down to us was so different from the you I know. You weren't even that angry at Zico-hyung."

"Well Zico's not my boyfriend who flirted with some pretty girl in front of me when he thought I was not looking, so..."

Wonwoo sighed loudly. "I told you we weren't flirting!" He pulled her chin with a finger so she would look at him. "I was actually teasing her about having a crush on your darling oppa."

"She likes Baek Seungheon?!"

"She has that same look on her face you do when you look at me." Wonwoo smiled as he brushed her cheeks. "The way you would blush right here when I kiss you when you least expect it, and the way you stare at my lips like that. You're doing that on purpose to distract me, aren't you?"

She bit her lip. "Doing what on purpose?" she said in an innocent tone but kept her eyes on his lips. He leaned in to kiss her but she clamped a hand over his mouth and pushed his face away. "No love for you tonight. I'm still sulky."

"At least let me make it up to you?"

Eunhye shook her head and buried it against his neck. "My head kinda hurts," she said honestly. "I had to work on the graphics today. You know I'm not good with that."

"I thought you were going to work on it with Zico-hyung?" 

From what she told him before the camping trip, Zico agreed to do the graphics for her since he was taking the graduate class for Graphic Design. They already received the approval to submit a joint project for their final output even though they have different majors, which took a while for the higher ups to say yes to.

"You're kidding me, right?" she said as if she ate something sour. "I'm not speaking to him ever again."

He sighed. There she was again. She was still hiding from him what they fought about. He had his theories but she refused to say anything to confirm it. He told Chanyeol about their fight but her other best friend just told him that the two of them would work it out on their own time. Wonwoo hated it that a different guy would occupy her mind but he could not help but think she was extra grumpy these days because she was in a fight with her best friend.

"I heard the girl she liked is getting married," Wonwoo said, remembering Dean talk about a hoobae that Zico liked but never went out with. "Shouldn't you be there with him in his time of trouble like he had been when you needed them?"

Eunhye snuggled closer to him. "I'd rather be with you."

He was touched by her words but he was getting tired of how she was handling things without him. What could it be that she could not even give him a general idea?

"Why is everyone getting married, these days?" she muttered further against his chest.

"Should we register ours?" he said, only half-joking.

She just chuckled and closed her eyes. "Goodnight, Wonwoo."

"You know you'll have to talk to Zico-hyung soon, right?" He did not get another reply at that so he let her sleep.


**************


It was hard having to work on her own graphics. Eunhye was a decent artist but she could never put into display what she actually had in mind. She was better at working at the back-end than the design part. She had already wasted a week on it, drawing and redrawing, fixing and editing the same thing. Every time she ran into trouble with the editing software she was using, she would remember Zico. He was the best artist among them and he already started working on it before their fight.

Her eyes stung but she fought her tears back. Every time she thought about Zico, her heart hurt. She felt betrayed. She trusted him to treasure her as a friend. He was not supposed to fall in love with her because then she would have to lose him for she would never be able to love him back like that. Especially not now. She hated it that he made a tiny part of her wish she did not meet Wonwoo. He was the one who told her to try opening herself up to Wonwoo in the first place, but then when she actually did what he said and found herself falling for the guy, Zico had to put doubt in her mind like that.

During the time they knew each other, she turned to him for almost everything. Zico had made sure she looked for him whenever she needed help. He pretended to be her friend so she would never be able to do anything without him. Well, she was going to show him she did not need him at all. Not him. Not his lies.

She opened a couple of project files which he had sent her before, wondering if she could still use it. She wondered how she would tell their professor that she ended up deciding to work on it on her own, and groaned. Professor Kwon had pushed their proposal through so the two of them could work on it together despite being on different majors, and they went through hoops just to get the school board to say yes. 

Eunhye threw the mouse away and covered her face with her hands, stretching her back. She thought about taking a break, probably playing a game or two so she went to her room to her game computer. 

Her phone rang, and she was surprised when she saw it was Wonwoo calling. He did not usually call her at work, given they have little time for their breaks and were usually busy.

"Yeah?" she asked. "What's up?"

"Nothing," he answered. "Just wanted to hear your voice."

Butterflies flew in her stomach and she bit her lip. Just like that, her spirits were lifted.

"You're biting your lip, aren't you?"

"No," she lied, a chill running down her spine at his accuracy.  She looked around her own room involuntarily, checking if there were any hidden cameras. "You're not supposed to take your phone out of the locker."

He chuckled. "It's my break time," he told her. "Did I disturb you?"

"I was taking a break, too," she said smiling. It was funny how

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter