Chapter 15: Clingy Exes

Good To Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her phone made multiple pings at once and she did not check them until she got on the bus back to the campus. She just remained standing since she was going to get off soon. The chatroom she shared with her current classmates was blowing up. Zico and Chanyeol both posted photos of her and someone they blurred out. She knew it was Wonwoo.

Chanyeol: Finally.
Zico: Poor kid.
Zico: But congrats Hye-ah.
Chanyeol: Yes, poor kid.
Shownu: Who's this?
Chanyeol: To protect his life, let's hide his identity for now.
Wonho: I bet it's a highschool student.
Zico: LOL
Chanyeol: Close!
L: That kid from the convenience store?

She left the chatroom. She was sure they were going to add her back later, but she just wanted to stop hearing from them for a while. 

"What's wrong?" Wonwoo was right behind her. Again, he was talking so close to her ear. She could feel his breath hot on her ears this time, sending shivers down her spine. "You look like you're ready to punch someone."

"Are you volunteering?" she snapped. She should have known her friends would do this. They did not comment on anything on purpose so they could in one blow.

He took her hand and punched his own chest with it. "Does that make you feel better?"

She took her hand back. If anyone she knew saw her, she did not want them to misunderstand, too. Another passenger went past them, bumping on Eunhye. Wonwoo moved his body so he was closer to the aisle, shielding her from the rest of the bus. Eunhye tried to focus on the view outside, instead, so she would not focus on how close their bodies were.

"What time are you going home later?"

"Once I'm done with everything." She carefully looked at him to see his expression, leaning away from him just in case he had other plans. "Why?"

He was nodding at her answer, lips tight while he thought about something. "Just text me, then."

"Why?"

"You're planning on going home alone again," he guessed. "I won't let you."

She was tempted to ask the same question over and over again but she was afraid where the conversation would lead to, so she just pressed the button to get off at the next stop. She already decided not to text him for anything.

"Noona."

Who invented that word, really? "What?"

"Will you be on your lab?" he asked. She nodded, immediately regretting answering. "Can I stay there, too?"

And ruin my concentration? "Whatever reason for?"

He showed her the time. "I want to sleep for two hours before my next class."

"Go to the infirmary," she said. "They have beds there."

He chuckled, probably remembering something that she was trying not to, at the word 'bed.' "The nurse keep hitting on me. I can't stay there. Can you tell her off?"

The bus came to a stop and she just gave him a sideway glance before getting off the bus. With his long strides he caught up with her in three seconds. 

"Please, Noona. I didn't get much sleep last night."

He did have dark circles under his eyes, not unlike hers. Thanks to him. "Fine, you can stay there," she said. "Just don't bother me while I'm working." She had three deadlines to meet and she did not have time to argue with him.

*************


"You said you were going to sleep."

"I will, in a minute."

Wonwoo was watching a video on his phone. She checked over his shoulder, and it was a recording of the recent tournament play of a video game. The whole video was almost half an hour, and on his playback, the game had just begun. She knew, because she watched it that morning while their class was busy burning their brains writing codes. For a couple of minutes, she was as transfixed on the screen as he was, until she remembered she had stuff to do. She wanted to ask him which team he was rooting for, but then that would open another long conversation and she would not get anything done.

Wearing her earplugs, listening to Epik High's new album, she ignored the other student in the room while she worked on her computer. He kept his promise not to bother her, which she appreciated, and she was able to finish more than she thought she could. It was ten minutes to two when she realized Wonwoo was still sleeping.

She meant to wake him up when she walked over to him but he slept like a baby, making her feel bad that she had to rouse him. He slept in a very uncomfortable position, with his head on his arm taking the place of the keyboard, which he carefully put to the side. Her hand itched to trace the lines of his face. She wondered, not for the first time, where the affection came from. She had felt the same thing the morning she woke up and found him sleeping beside her. Only this time, the pull was stronger. His thick hair might get into his eyes, so she moved them. That woke him up immediately, and she hid her hand inside her pocket before he noticed anything. He looked up at her, looking confused, probably trying to remember where he was. Blinking the sleep away, he checked his phone for the time. The phone blared off an alarm when it turned 1:55PM. 

Eunhye felt bad. She had a habit of waking up a minute or two before her alarm, and she hated that all the time. Wonwoo, on the other hand, chuckled as he dismissed his alarm. He got up and stretched his arm, smiling down at her. There would be times like these that she would be surprised at how tall he was. Most of her male friends were tall, so this on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter