Chapter 34: Park Chanyeol

Good To Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Wonwoo and Eunhye ended up doing exactly as Chanyeol had predicted. They were both logged in to a mobile game on each of their phones because when he checked their status on the same game, both showed "Playing." They were already done with getting the groceries but those who just went to buy coffee was not there yet. And since he gave the keys to Wonwoo, they could not go inside.

Eunhye cursed when a call interrupted her game. Chanyeol's pet dog, Toben, showed up on the screen. It softened her heart for a fraction of a second but remembered it was Chanyeol calling and she frowned. She answered it without bothering to hide her annoyance. "What?"

"Argh!" Wonwoo yelped when he lost his support, throwing this phone on the table. "I just died, Noona."

"Where are you?" Chanyeol said on the other line. "I said one hour."

"I'll just get the drinks," she said, tapping Wonwoo's shoulder and gesturing for him to go to the counter. 

"You mean you didn't even order yet?"

"I did," she replied, hoping Chanyeol could hear her roll her eyes. "I just asked them to serve it later. We're on our way." She ended the call and went to Wonwoo, who was waiting for the hot decaf and the green tea latte.

Eunhye logged out of the game, seeing that Wonwoo already did. She actually thought their relationship could go unnoticed if she openly became friendly with him using gaming together often as an excuse. She usually easily became friends with those who play the same video games as her, so this would not be something new.

Wonwoo poked her forehead. "Your eyebrows crease too much today," he noted.

"It's Chanyeol," she said. "Sometimes, he sounds like a stepmom."

He laughed as a sudden image of his sunbae in stepmother clothes popped up in his head. She still furrowed her brow though, so he her cheek. "I'm here, though, so smile," he said and watched the blood rush to her cheeks. "Ah, cute."

The barista placed the last two orders and Eunhye took them with her, walking out of the cafe first to hide her face from Wonwoo. When they got to the parking lot, Eunhye practically shoved the latte on Chanyeol's hand before getting in.

"Did you lose?" he asked, seeing the look on her face. When Eunhye did not reply and just handed Sunmi the decaf, he turned to Wonwoo instead.

"Yeah, we lost," Wonwoo answered, closing the door after him. "But it was an unofficial match, so it's okay."

Chanyeol started the car up and pulled out of the parking lot. "I see, so I just interrupted your alone time, huh."

Wonwoo laughed at his sunbae's comment but Eunhye pretended not to hear her friend as she placed earphones in her ears, turning on her playlist she used so she would fall asleep. Lately, she had been listening to this group called "Monsta X" and their songs usually helped her relax. With "Queen" playing on her ears, she soon fell asleep.

Sunmi noticed Eunhye's head dropping as she dozed off. Her friend had this weird reaction to coffee when she would fall right asleep after drinking, instead of actually waking up like most people. Wonwoo was exactly like he was ever since they left their neighborhood--eyes glued to his phone, and Sunmi smiled, remembering Chanyeol saying he was like Eunhye's clone. 

"Wonwoo-ssi," she whisperred and pointed to her sleeping friend when she got his attention.

Wonwoo put a finger to his lips as a sign for Sunmi not to make another sound when she was about to say something else. Slowly, he caught Eunhye's head and rested it on his shoulder.

Sunmi could not help but find it adorable and she pinched Chanyeol's arm really hard.

"Ow!" he complained. He checked what she was fussing about through the rearview mirror and smirked. Without taking his eyes off the road, he pulled his phone out and handed it to Sunmi. "Miya, take a picture."


******


Eunhye opened her eyes just as Chanyeol pulled over. She smelled a familiar scent of detergent on someone's shirt and realized she fell asleep and that she had been leaning on Wonwoo's shoulder--something that she was trying to avoid. She sat upright immediately, feeling her cheeks burn again, which was crazy because that was not the first time she slept on his shoulder.

Wonwoo cleared his throat and straightened the wrinkle on his shirt, trying to hide a smirk. He looked out the window instead. "Wow, this place is nice."

It was a huge single-storey house with most sides having glass windows for walls, with a wide pool lining one side and a garden on the other with a wooden swing that looked so inviting if it was not that cold. 

Wonwoo opened the door and let himself out, taking Eunhye's backpack with him before she could protest, only handing it back to her when she was out of the car herself. As soon as she was out, she stuck with Sunmi, who called her friend on her phone, not sure which way to go from there. The house seemed to be full of windows with no doors.

"Through the garden? Okay..." Sunmi linked arms with Eunhye and they went to the garden to enter the house on one side.

"Eonni!"

"Seulgi!"

Eunhye immediately recognized the highschool hoobae who ran into Sunmi's arms the moment they entered. Back in highschool, the two were in the same modelling club together. Another girl stood behind her who seemed to be amused by the two girl's greetings. She was so beautiful that Eunhye felt underdressed for some reason, which did not make sense because the other girl was clad in just a loose yellow t-shirt (in a shade that usually hurt Eunhye's eyes but now somehow did not), and a pair of khaki shorts that reached to half of her thighs. Her long hair was jet-black in contrast to her bright shirt and even brighter complexion, which made Eunhye conscious of the tiny zit on her forehead. Their eyes met and Eunhye bowed in greeting.

"Hi, I'm Jung Eunhye."

"Bae Joohyun," the girl replied, also bowing. "But I go by Irene."

"Nice meeting you."

The glass door opened behind them. "Ya, Jung Eunhye," Chanyeol's deep voice echoed through the almost empty receiving area. "You can't just leave without taking some of the groceries with you."

Eunhye turned sharply to her tall friend. "That's what we brought you here for."

Irene snickered at Eunhye's remark. Only then did Chanyeol see her. The look on his face almost had Eunhye rolling on the floor laughing. Her best friend was a er for pretty girls and Irene was the definition of beautiful. Eunhye recognized that look, and she gave Hani a low five when her roommate came in after him, with Mingyu at her heels carrying a box of the groceries with him. Wonwoo was the last to enter, bringing in two big plastic bags full of their drinks.

Eunhye realized she did not want Wonwoo to lay eyes on Irene. She was afraid she would see the same awed look she saw fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter