Chapter 29: The Flu II

Good To Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunhye worried that her being there would just make things worse, but when she got to the hospital, she saw Sana's eyes light up--something she never saw before. People told her Sana was a bright, bubbly person, but Eunhye never saw that for herself. She walked over to the younger girl, noting that IV drip on and how fast the drops were going. She also saw the needle and knew which gauge it was. Washed with a wave of deja vu, she carefully picked on the blankets.

"How are you feeling?" she asked Sana.

"I think I'm okay now, Sunbae," the girl answered with a weak smile. "You didn't have to come all the way here." 

My thoughts exactly, she wanted to say. She shifted her eyes to Mark who was just standing at the side of the bed, watching them.

Sana thought for a moment. "Did I miss your class?"

"Nah, we didn't have a class today," she assured her. "And I already called Prof. Jang to tell him where two of his students were."

"Two?"

Eunhye shook her head. "Don't mind it," she told her. "What happened?"

Sana put her lips together and lowered her head, suddenly not anwering. Eunhye turned to Mark, telling him to leave them. Mark left them reluctantly.

"You can tell me," Eunhye assured Sana. The girl remained quiet, though so she tried a different route. "Fine. You don't have to tell me. I just wanted to know if, as your TA, I should be worried about anything."

"How did you get over him?"

Thrown by the sudden question, Eunhye could only stare back at Sana.

"How can you choose Wonwoo over him?"

"I didn't choose anyone," Eunhye said. It was starting to get on her nerve that people were trying to get ahead of her in her decisions. "I came here because Mark told me to. He's worried about you."

Sana rolled her eyes. "He just feels guilty because he thought I tried to commit suicide."

"Did you?"

"No," Sana answered. "Why would I do that?"

Eunhye had checked Sana's records before coming in--a perk of being her brother's sister. Well, she had to bully Dr. Lee Donghae, the General Surgeon on duty in the emergency room that day, for it. He was in her brother's circle of friends and she used that to her advantage. He told her they found traces of a sleeping pill in Sana's system, a bit over the suggested dosage. That, as well as severe dehydration and a swollen throat due to irritation. The symptoms were too familiar.

"Benzodiazepine?" she asked, remembering the test results. Eunhye had been prescribed that before and she knew what it was for.

"I have insomnia," Sana argued. "One pill did not do the trick."

"So you had to take four?"

Sana creased her forehead, wondering how her sunbae worked that out. She guessed it would come up on her blood test results. "I wasn't getting any sleep, okay. It had been three days. For once, I just wanted to be able to close my eyes and not dream."

"Since when have you been bulimic?"

If Sana was not that surprised when her TA was able to work the math out with her test results and the amount of pills she took, she was surprised at this conclusion. Bulimia would not show up on the test results. The shock registering on Sana's face was enough for Eunhye to know what she needed to.

*********


"How are you feeling?"

Wonwoo woke up feeling a bit better. It was a housemate, Jisoo who shook him awake. He felt someone feeling his forehead.

"The fever went down," he recognized Yoon Jeonghan's voice, a classmate of Jisoo's who lived in the unit upstairs with Soonyoung. "Seems like he finally ate."

"Wonwoo-ya," Jisoo called in a soft voice.

Wonwoo opened his eyes, immediately checking the time. She promised to be back by an hour but it was already seven in the evening. There was no notification of a new text from anyone. He threw the phone back where he got it and just shifted on the bed.

"Just let him sleep, Shua," Jeonghan told Jisoo, calling him by his English name. "Just holler if you need anything, Wonwoo."

Wonwoo merely nodded and pulled the sheets over his head. Eunhye did not come back and Wonwoo had a feeling it was his fault. He crossed a line. Eunhye always showed signs of being a flight risk. Heck, the next morning after he met her should have told him this girl was one who ran. He always flirted with her and it would backlash at him as she would always shut him down, but he still held on to those times when she actually showed she genuinely cared for him.

The image of how bright pink her cheeks had become after he kissed her came to him, and he had to bite his tongue to stop himself from giggling like a girl. She blinked multiple times before wordlessly picking her bag up and heading out with that dazed look on her face. 

He was almost convinced that he was just another student to her but then she showed up in their dorm. The worry was written all over her face that he felt bad for being sick. He was worried she would catch the cold as well, but at that last moment he could not help it. It annoyed him that with just one call, Mark Tuan could easily take her away from him. It was such a vali

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter