Chapter 7: Remember Me?

Good To Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hi, my name is Jeon Wonwoo, second year..."

Eunhye spat the strawberry milk back out when she choked. Coughing, she beat her chest to steady her breathing. She moved a bit forward so she could see past Chanyeol's huge frame. There was no mistaking the person who stood up and volunteered for the three-legged race. Eunhye felt like someone spilled a whole watertank of ice on her.

Jeon Wonwoo turned to her and smiled as he sat back down. "Hello, Sunbae," he said to her, and she choked on her own saliva this time.

"You, two, know each other?" Chanyeol asked. He pointed to Wonwoo. "He's the one I told you about before. The one who reminds me of you? Or maybe that was just because you were in Japan and I keep seeing you in other people..."

"I'm not sure if you remember me," Wonwoo was still talking to her. "But I'm a friend of Mingyu's. We met last week."

"Oh, you know Mingyu?" Chanyeol asked. "His girlfriend is an old friend of ours."

"I'm his roommate," Wonwoo answered.

Chanyeol nodded. "Daebak. She's Hani's roommate, but I guess that's how you, two, met. What a small world, huh?"

"Smaller," Eunhye muttered.

"So that's better," Chanyeol said, putting a huge hand on the top of her head. "You wanted to join the three-legged race right?" He poked Jongin. "Eunhye and Jeon Wonwoo for the three-legged race. Write that down."

"What?!"

"Is there a problem?" Chanyeol asked, meaningfully slightly nodding to Mark's direction. "You're single. No one should care anymore, right?"

Out of her peripheral vision, Eunhye saw Mark stand up and walk out of the hall again. She was too transfixed at Wonwoo, who was looking at her with an innocent smile, to care about her ex right now. She was too worried about what other stuff might come out of Wonwoo's mouth.

"I can take care of you," Wonwoo said. "Eunhye-sunbae." 

Eunhye's throat felt dry despite the beverage her friend gave her. Wonwoo's gaze felt too familiar for comfort. She could still feel his eyes on her so she got up, meaning to leave. Chanyeol pulled her right back down.

"Don't go after him," he warned. He probably thought she was going after Mark, who walked out from them again.

"I'm not," she said. "I just need some air."

Chanyeol eyed her suspiciously but then let her hand go. "Fine. Just don't take too long, we still have to do the chant."

She got up and exited through the other door so she would not bump into Mark. She had no idea where he would be but she went to the opposite direction. When she found a far enough place, she took deep breaths. 

It was not that she did not expect to see Jeon Wonwoo again. She knew she was bound to see him after that night, especially because he was Mingyu's friend, but not this soon. She was hoping she would see him months later, when she could brush off what she did with him that night without a shudder. For someone who frowned at being a part of a relationship, one night with a stranger should definitely be out of question. With her current situation, fresh out of a broken relationship and her ex being in the same department as her, she should not be in any kind of relationship, one-time or otherwise.

She buried her face in her hands. "What were you thinking?!" she thought out loud. 

If she was honest to herself, she thought it was okay because she did not know him anyway. For one night she had wanted to stop thinking about being so broken hearted. Wonwoo gave her what she wanted, appreciated her without expecting anything from her except to reciprocate his desires. But then the next morning came and the weight of what she did crept up on her and she thought she could erase it by convincing herself it did not happen. If she had been drunk enough, she probably would not remember, but her high tolerance for alcohol did not help. He seemed buzzed at the time, so she was hoping he forgot, but the way he said her name earlier in the hall sounded almost exactly like he did that night and she had to get out of there.

Chanyeol suggesting the three-legged race was just a cherry on top of her day. She would feel Wonwoo's arm around her again and she shuddered at the thought. Eunhye wondered if it would be okay to put a tape against his mouth when they entered the race so she would not have to hear him speak. All she could remember about him was how he kept whispering her name over and over and she momentarily closed her eyes at the flashback.

"Noona."

Eunhye jumped when she heard the voice that she had only been hearing by memory. She turned to face Wonwoo, wondering how she could hide how red her face was.

"The games would be starting," he said. "Chanyeol-sunbae told me to look for you."

"I'll be there in a sec. You can go ahead." Without looking at him, she went to the direction of the restrooms.

Eunhye regretted it as soon as she got there. She came face to face with the last person she wanted to see at the time. Mark had his head down but looked up when he recognized the pair of shoes that was approaching him. He had been there when she bought it, and was the one who suggested them in the first place.

"Eunhye-ya," he said, taking her hand.

Eunhye retrieved her hand, shaking her head at him. "Don't."

They heard a small voice as another student came out of the female restroom. "Oppa, let's go."

Eunhye turned away and went inside the restroom, immediately turning the water on and splashing her face with the cold water. Staring at her own reflection in the mirror, she sighed. This was going to be the longest 2-days-1-night trip ever.

When she got back to the hall, the group chanting was over, much to her fake dismay. She hated having to participate in group games which was why she wanted to do the three-legged race because she would only be doing it with one other person. So much for that. Their group were huddled together and Chanyeol, the forever social person, was up at the front, cheering for everyone. Eunhye stayed at the back of their group, leaning against the side of the stage.

A few steps away from her, Mark Tuan was also leaning his back against the stage, staring at the floor. He probably felt her eyes because he looked up and saw her looking. He started to approach her, probably to convince her to talk again. He would have gotten to Eunhye if not for a hoobae blocking his way, carrying a handkerchief and waving it at her.

"Sunbae, they said the race will up next," Wonwoo told her. "Shouldn't we practice?"

Eunhye felt the blood drain from her face. "Why?"

Wonwoo chuckled. "We need a strategy if we want to win." He went to her and folded the handkerchief that they were going to use. "Do you favor a leg?"

S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter