Chapter 67: New Friend

Good To Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Can I talk to her for a bit?" she asked quietly.

Panic struck Wonwoo's face. "Why? I told you there's nothing--"

"I know," Eunhye insisted. "That's exactly why." She patted his face. "Don't be so scared unless you're actually up to something."

He narrowed his eyes on her, then turned to Minkyung. "Ya, Minkyung-ah. She said she wants to talk to you. If she does anything weird, just scream for help."

Eunhye slapped his arm as he left the locker room, laughing his head off. When she turned to Minkyung, she already closed her locker door and held her hands politely in front of her. Was she that scary? She was sure she was going to lose if they went into a physical fight, given how tiny she was compared to the younger girl.

"Eunhye-ssi," she said in a voice too small for her height. "About me and Wonwoo, there's nothing going on between us. I promise you. He's definitely not my type."

"He's definitely my type," Eunhye muttered. "What does that make me?"

Minkyung's eyes and she covered . "I'm sorry. That's not what I meant... I was just--"

Chuckling, Eunhye took a step towards her. "About the last time I was here, I'm sorry about being so cross with you."

She waved her hand in front of her. "No, no. It was actually my fault because the coffee was bad."

"It was actually Wonwoo's fault," Eunhye replied, rolling her eyes. "He was the one who brewed it. But I should not have been too high and mighty about it just because the coffee was not up to my taste. I, of all people, should know how much a stress it is when you have to deal with rude customers."

"You were not rude, Eunhye-ssi," Minkyung assured her. "It was actually Wonwoo-oppa who was rude. He was not supposed to talk like that to a customer..."

"Well, when he's angry he doesn't really see what's in front of him." She shifted her weight to the other foot, feeling self conscious about how short she was while looking up at Minkyung. "At the time, I was really in a bad mood and I haven't had Turkish brew in a while, so I kind of expected a lot."

She laughed nervously. "I just wanted to apologize with how--"

"It's okay, don't worry," Eunhye said quickly. She gestured to the locker. "I won't keep you from what you're doing."

Minkyung bowed slightly before turning to the locker. For some reason, Eunhye felt like a school bully. She did not want to intimidate people like that. Okay, she probably did, but that was with her male friends. Call her a feminist, but she was usually more lenient with female friends. She was by the door when Minkyung called her attention again.

"Eunhye-ssi," she said, again with that small voice.

She mustered up her friendliest smile when she turned to her. "Yes?"

"Can I call you 'Eonni'?"

Eunhye was not able to stop the blood rushing up her cheeks. She was suddenly reminded of a high school student who confessed to her while she was in her first year in college tutoring to earn extra money.

What was she supposed to say in response to that? "Sure. Not a problem."

"I actually think you're really cool, and please don't tell Wonwoo I told you this, but I'm surprised someone could actually stand being his girlfriend, and I think you're too good for him."

She could not help but laugh at that. Eunhye was a er for cute younger girls it always made her want to take care of them. "Wonwoo told me you're from an all girls school?" Minkyung nodded. "So you don't have that much male friends. I can only imagine how it is for you working here."

"It took some time to get used to it, yeah."

"I have some friends with me," Eunhye said, remembering the group of human beings she shared her table with. "Want me to introduce you to them?"

Minkyung took out her bag from the locker and closed it again. "But I don't know what to say to them."

"Don't worry," she assured her. "They'll do all the talking. That's all they do, actually. Come on."

Minkyung walked out of the room with her, a smile plastered on her face as if she won something. When he saw them, Wonwoo raised his eyebrows. "What happened in there?"

"You don't need to know," Eunhye told him, walking past him outside of the counter as she ushered Minkyung to their table. Upon seeing the new girl, all four of them looked up from their phones. "Guys. This is Minkyung. She works here."

"Hi," Baekhyun said, waving a hand.

"These are Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Zico and that's Sehun."

Minkyung bowed slightly when Chanyeol stood up and offered his seat. Eunhye knew her best friend was a er for tall girls. And pretty ones like Irene. Minkyung was both tall and pretty.

"I have to go somewhere though," Minkyung said, refusing to sit down. "So I will have to leave soon."

"I just brought her here to say hi," Eunhye told her friends.

"Looks like we'll be coming here often now," Baekhyun said, eyeing Chanyeol the same way Eunhye was. He pointed an accusing finger at Wonwoo. "That guy never tells us anything."

"Who would he take after?" Zico asked, pouting his lips towards Eunhye. "The more time they spend together, the more they became a single brain cell."

****

The change in Eunhye after making up with her best friend was obvious. Wonwoo had not realized how depressed she had been while their fight was on until now. During the times she was not on speaking terms with Zico, her laughter was always forced, her sense of humor shallower that it usually was, which meant she laughed at almost everything Wonwoo said. She had been forcing herself to be as bright as usual to show Wonwoo she was okay. She probably could not bring herself to tell him what she actually really felt, or even refused to admit it to herself, and he was a little sad that that was the case. They should be able to tell each other everything comfortably. 

"That sigh was deep," Rowoon commented, hearing him.

"Well, it should be my day off," Wonwoo answered. It was true, but of course, that was not what he was sighing about. But Rowoon was gullible enough and he patted Wonwoo sympathetically at the back. 

"Two more hours, man," he said comfortingly as he towered over Wonwoo. He used to think Mingyu was the tallest person he knew, being five centimetres taller than him, but Rowoon was even taller at 191 cm. It made Wonwoo feel like he was short, and he was almost six feet tall! "Besides, at least you have your girlfriend over there, waiting for you as soon as you're done. That was quite the reveal when she first came here. I actually thought you and Minkyung are getting pretty close."

"You too much," he pointed out. It was true. Whenever Rowoon got the chance, he would make fun of Minkyung. If he did not know Rowoon was saving up for his 200th Day Anniversary gift for his girlfriend, he would have thought the guy had a crush on their female colleague. "You're making her hate you."

Rowoon laughed heartily. "You , too, but she doesn't hate you." Their chitchat was put on pause when Rowoon placed an order on a tray and yelled for the name on the cup with his really loud voice.

"So, what are you getting your girlfriend?" Wonwoo asked to change the subject. He had been getting good at it, thanks to Eunhye, whom he learned it from. Just talk about something the other person would worry about more than the current issue. This tactic worked most of the time.

It was Rowoon's turn to sigh. He still did not know what to get. He tried asking Minkyung for advice, but the girl never really dated, and had no idea what she wanted. Besides, his girlfriend and Minkyung were nothing alike, so he should not have have asked.

"I still don't know," the t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter