Chapter 53: Sorry

Good To Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wonwoo and Eunhye just had lunch but they still lined up for the Snack Bar a few minutes before their movie started. In her head, Eunhye was calculating if they were really going to save money if they bought the Couples Deal or just eat separately.

"I thought you don't like popcorn?" That was Wonwoo's reaction when she said she wanted to eat popcorn.

"I'm a girl. I tend to change my mind multiple times." She scanned the menu again and rested her head on his shoulder. "I'll go with anything you like."

"I was going to say that," he admitted.

"You always make me pick first," she said and it was true. He would always stare at the menu for a long time, ask her which one she got and order the same thing. "It's time you choose for us instead."

Wonwoo eyed her for a couple of seconds before turning his attention back to the menu. It was their turn now to order. He went safe and ordered the original flavored popcorn. For their drinks he got two tall cups of Coke and Coke Zero. He saw how big the drink was for the Couples package and he was sure it would not be enough for the two of them. Besides, he did not like Zero.

Eunhye was smiling to herself when they went inside the cinema.

"What are you smiling about?" he asked, curious.

"I was afraid you're going to buy the Couples Deal," she replied, taking one popcorn. "That was overpriced packaging with less amount of food than buying solo."

A smile crept up on Wonwoo's lips as well as they made their way to their seats. They had reserved their seats before they went for lunch, and Eunhye chose the best ones for their eyesights. Wonwoo could already tell she spent time in the movies more than he did. 

"Do you like mythology?" he asked randomly while the movie did not start yet.

She nodded. "I have a huge collection of books about them. Egyptian, Greek, Roman and Norse."

He realized he should not have been surprised, but he was. "I didn't see those books. Can you lend me some?"

"Do you still have time to read?" she asked. "It's not in the apartment. I won't be able to lend them to you even if you did have spare time."

"Where are they?"

"Doesn't matter." Eunhye ate another popcorn. "I can't go back there. Sorry."

The movie started and they both fell silent. They were immersed with what was on the screen and none of them really said anything. Eunhye would occassionally rest her head on his shoulder and he would wrap his arm around her. Wonwoo felt comfortable with all of it. He never really liked talking while watching and he hoped to meet someone one day who would let him be when in the movies. He had this fantasy of dating someone who would discuss the movie they watched or a book they both read\, maybe debate a little. He wanted a girl who would listen to his ideas and tell him her own.

He wondered if this was all true. He did not think it was possible that he would meet someone who ticked all the boxes in his checklist one by one. Wonwoo even thought he was going overboard in looking for specific traits from his ideal girl but there she was, making herself at home in his arms while ignoring him as she concentrated on Tom Cruise.

After the movie, they found an ice cream shop and agreed to have some before going home. For someone who hated sweets, she did not seem to have problems eating ice cream. They both decided to eat different flavors and picked two flavors that they wanted to try most.

"It was a bit disappointing," she said later as she led him to a booth. He remembered how she declined to sit on one of these alone with him, and smiled to himself at how things changed in a short period of time.

"The movie?" he asked.

Eunhye nodded. "I wished they explained the mythology of it more," she said. 

"Well, for those types of movies, they usually spend more on the graphics and stuff," Wonwoo said. He reached across the table and played with her hand. "Most people just watch it for that anyway."

"You're right," she agreed.

Their ice creams came quickly. She took her phone out.

"Not again," Wonwoo grumbled.

Eunhye just bit her tongue while grinning as she took a photo of their cups. She made sure his arms and shirt would show, as well, so it was captured that she was not eating it alone.

"Are you going to upload that?" Wonwoo asked. He always complained when she took pictures of her food. At first she stopped doing it but recently she did it even more often.

"Maybe later," she muttered and put her phone face down on the table. She took her spoon and stared at her ice cream, smiling at the amount of actual strawberry for the toppings. "Itadakimasu."

Wonwoo took his spoon and dipped it in her ice cream first, both to and to taste it. Whenever she said short phrases like that in Japanese, he found it extra cute that he just want to pinch her cheeks until she yelled at him to stop.

"I hate it that I'm such a critique," she said a moment later. "Whenever I watch a movie, I'd find a loophole and then I would remember that most."

He chuckled. He already noticed that about her. "That's because you always like looking at the big picture." There was a drop of ice cream on her chin and he subtly wiped it, amused when she blushed and turned her face away. "Why did the actress look familiar? Where have I seen her before?"

"Kingsman," she answered. "The girl with blades for feet. She was my favorite character there."

Wonwoo clapped his hand once, remembering the movie she was talking about. It was the first rated movie he watched the moment he and Soonyoung were old enough. He told her that and they ended up staying there for over an hour, talking about movies and how they thought about them. He went home smiling, taking note that she was really crossing items from his list one by one. 

*******


"This is..." 

Professor Lee tried to find the correct words to describe it after he read the introduction and scanned through the full documentation of Jung Eunhye and Woo Jiho's work. He had assigned them a program project in place of their final term examination. It was as detailed as possible and very applicable to current times, exactly as he had instructed. He had no doubt about Jung Eunhye in the first place but he expected her to not pay attention to their subject just because he was the one who took over.

"Can I go now?" Eunhye asked without emotion. She personally submitted it to him when he was in the office despite Zico's protests. She thought Zico would throw it at Prof. Lee's face if it was him.

"This is amazing, Eunhye," Lee Junki said. "You had always been good at coming up with these sort of stuff."

"I already uploaded it on the school's homework database," she told him. "Just in case you... FORGET."

Deciding the teacher had nothing more to say that she would care about, she started to leave. She heard rustling as a chair was pulled away from the table and she felt a hand on her wrist just when she was at the door. Eunhye turned to look Lee Junki in the eyes. She had meant what she told Wonwoo. She was finally free from this man who had held her life hostage for seven years without even doing anything.

"I'm sorry," he started. "About everything."

Despite herself, she felt tears in her eyes.

"I won't even ask you to forgive me," Junki said. "I don't deserve it. I just wanted to let you know I'm sorry, that I regret the decisions I made that put you through that hell. I'm sorry for threatening you with that stupid video that should not have existed if only I treated you like a normal student. I took advantage of your talent. I took advantage of you."

He had no idea what it meant for her to hear those words from him. She knew she said she was free, but knowing he finally accepted and admitted what he did wrong, Eunhye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter