Chapter SEVENTEEN: Him and You

Good To Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunhye rarely got out of the apartment but she made an exception for an old friend who was back from overseas. Despite their friend's success, they settled for a neighborhood barbeque house like the one they used to go to back in highschool, instead of a high class restaurant. For the first time in a long time, they were all back together. She sat there with the familiar faces of Byun Baekhyun and Kim Jongdae, along with faces she saw everyday she got sick of them.

Jongdae gave them tickets for their next musical which was there in Seoul. He was performing with a close sunbae of theirs, Kim Junmyeon. Hani jumped up and down on her seat, excited about seeing it.

"Can I get another one?" she asked.

Eunhye handed Hani her ticket. "I'm sorry, Dae. I love you, but you know I don't do musicals."

"I didn't realize I handed you a ticket," her friend said, not taking it personally. Eunhye was known to not be able to stand musicals even in movies, let alone live. "You'll probably throw tomatoes at me."

"She'll be asleep before the first song ends," Baekhyun said. "That's even worse than not going."

To change the subject, Eunhye asked Jongdae about his travels. That led to conversations that did not require for her to talk much. She thought she was off the hook from the evil things called friends until Hani made another announcement.

"My boyfriend lives close by," she said. "Can I call him over?"

Eunhye groaned. "You see each other every day."

"Not today, I haven't."

Jongdae laughed, pointing at Hani. "I thought you were into girls. Now I come home in two years and you finally have a boyfriend."

"No, that was Sunmi," Zico said, pointing at the girl he mentioned. "You followed that hoobae a lot. What was her name again? Seulgi?"

"I had a theory you two were together," Baekhyun added, pointing to Sunmi and Hani. Then he pointed to Eunhye as well. "I thought the three of you were weird."

"I should say the same to you and Yeol," Sunmi retorted.

"Call him over," Jongdae told Hani. "I want to see the guy who made you realize you were a girl."

"Let him bring his friends," Sunmi suggested. "I want new faces other than these people."

Eunhye turned her attention to her phone. She secretly reached for a mug of beer but Chanyeol caught her and took it from her. Rolling her eyes, she went back to playing. She was getting a feeling she was going to see Wonwoo today. After that cafeteria thing, she had not seen him all week. Their next class was not until Monday. If Mingyu brought him over, she could probably apologize for ignoring him. Or pretend like nothing happened. Anything. Even just look at him for one second and never again.

She became immersed in her game, though, that she momentarily forgot about it until she heard Mingyu's voice. She was in the middle of a huge clash but she missed, getting distracted, and her avatar died.

"Ha ha," Chanyeol laughed. He was watching the game, too.

Waiting for her avatar to respawn, she looked up, only to meet Wonwoo's eyes. He came with Mingyu, along with another one of their roommates whose name she did not know. Wonwoo was sitting right across from her at the table.

"You should see your face right now," Chanyeol whispered. "You look like you saw the sun for the first time in three years."

She pinched Chanyeol's thigh with as much strength as she could. "Shut up."

Still snickering while massaging his thigh, Chanyeol went into a conversation with the others. Eunhye felt the weird urge to move away from Chanyeol again, feeling Wonwoo's eyes on her. She dared to look at him but he was engaged in a conversation with Baekhyun and Zico.

"Should we switch places?" Chanyeol leaned in again to whisper on her ear. "He can sit here."

"Stop it."

"Wonwoo-ssi," Chanyeol started, and Eunhye stepped on his foot. "Do you like musicals?"

"They are interesting," Wonwoo replied, nodding his head.

"Our friend here, Jongdae, is an actor," Chanyeol said. "They have a show in two weeks. You can come with us if you like."

"Really?" Wonwoo's face seemed to brighten. "Thanks, sunbae. I'll make sure to make time."

"Wonwoo's coming," Chanyeol said, turning to Eunhye. "Are you still not going? At least support Jongdae's career?"

Another round of beers were passed on, saving Eunhye from answering. For a second there, she actually considered going. She just rolled her eyes and reached for a glass as naturally as she could. Chanyeol caught on and took it away from her before it could reach her lips.

"Ya," she said, pouting. What was the point of going there if they were going to go police on her? "Just one mug."

"Not until after your doctor's appointment," Chanyeol said, all playful look gone from his eyes.

"But he'll tell me not to drink after that."

"All the more reason not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter